Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you continue to linger here OrangeJuice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I failed to see anything in that jumbled mess that said the new allied race wouldn’t be Dracthyr and in Ion’s latest interview he said Dracs and Evokers would be available in prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I failed to see anything in that jumbled mess that said the new allied race wouldn’t be Dracthyr and in Ion’s latest interview he said Dracs and Evokers would be available in prepatch
    pre order =/= prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    He posted this on Twitter

“Okay, so
    @Gurzog
    showed me a 4chan post from April 16th that lists every detail about Dragonflight. It gets everything right, but has two additional points.

-Murozond is the main villain
    -Pre-ordering the expansion unlocks a new allied race (not dracthyr, something else)

Sooooo.... Darkfallen?

Oh, it also says the release is Q1 2023 and there's a "dragonflight covenant" which might be dragon riding since it's not mentioned otherwise and it is about you choosing a dragon to ally with (just not a flight).“

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRedShi...77518152441864
    Probably Tuskarr using the Pandaren rig. That'd make them the "Pandaren allied race."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably Tuskarr using the Pandaren rig. That'd make them the "Pandaren allied race."
    I'd say drakthyr are already the pandaren Allied Race (Isolated homeland, available to both factions, race and class heavily linked together).

I'd also say the Void Elves are the worgen Allied Race (Mutated by external corruptive force, threatened to be overwhelmed by it, decided to use it instead of trying to get rid of it), which could definitely mean more elves if we still need the Night Elf Allied Race (Personally, I hope that one is satyr).
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

if they really wanted to make something POPULAR, they would add ogres nagas or sethraks.
    we alredy have ALOT of elfs.
    VELFS have customization to look just like BELFS now, so...
    i hope no more elfs, but i really think they will add then --'

why is everyone believing this leak?

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    pre order =/= prepatch
    But, as with Demon Hunters, they were available in prepatch only if you had preordered

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'd say drakthyr are already the pandaren Allied Race (Isolated homeland, available to both factions, race and class heavily linked together).
    No, Pandarian as in Tuskarr use the Pandarian model rig. All the allied races use another races' rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    Because it was right about everything else, even the name of the new race, which was an esoteric word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    But, as with Demon Hunters, they were available in prepatch only if you had preordered
    Yes, but BFA & Shadowlands had a pre-patch bonus in the last minor patch that acted as a reason for players to level new characters. Legion wasn't exactly the same but it had the old world Invasions event. We still don't have anything as motivation to level new characters in the content drought.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    Here was the original post (3 days before official announcement):

Seemed like the person nailed it...

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why would Blizzard not announce a new Allied Race as part of their big reveal? Sounds unlikely.
    But imagine the hype if out of nowhere, at the prepatch they are all like "hey you also can play this new allied race ( For the panda model ) that has access to all the classes ( maybe not pally, doesn't make sense ). It would help calm the "wahh its only one class one race lock in" even though DH are locked into two. But only one per faction. So i dont see the issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    But imagine the hype if out of nowhere, at the prepatch they are all like "hey you also can play this new allied race ( For the panda model ) that has access to all the classes ( maybe not pally, doesn't make sense ). It would help calm the "wahh its only one class one race lock in" even though DH are locked into two. But only one per faction. So i dont see the issue there.
    Well, given that the announcement was pretty lackluster, I feel like Blizzard would've promised a lot more if they knew for a fact a new allied race was coming up. There's no reason to withhold that information and release it as a "btw" later. If there was ever a time to announce it, it'd been when all eyes were on 'em.

. If there was ever a time to announce it, it'd been when all eyes were on 'em.

Same could be said for the pre orders, though.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

Tbf, Dragonflight, Dracthyr and Evokers were already leaked at that point. So its really only the rest they guessed semi-correctly.

Well, given that the announcement was pretty lackluster, I feel like Blizzard would've promised a lot more if they knew for a fact a new allied race was coming up. There's no reason to withhold that information and release it as a "btw" later. If there was ever a time to announce it, it'd been when all eyes were on 'em.
    I don't think that allied races are an important part for blizzard. They would show up in a gameplay trailer alongside useful information like "new max level 70" "new continent: Dragon isles" and stuff like that but not in the main presentation.
    It's also a good way to spread the word when pre order is available. No one will see youtubers make a video or tweets about it when preorder is available. When it happens alongside a new allied race reveal it will be everywhere. Its better marketing than burrying them beneath the main announcement.

I'm still not convinced there will be allied races at all, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

That's like a whole bunch of guessed half-truths.

Class name wasn't "Invoker", so already this is based on 2nd hand information.
    5 Zones was always assumed with the 5 Dragonflights. Pretty simple to guess
    Allied Race preorder didn't happen
    Wrathion and Alexstrasza as main characters was a given, since Alex was already leaked in promos and Wrathion was the one looking for Dragon Isles.
    Release date was never officially given, but pretty easy to guess too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I don't think that allied races are an important part for blizzard. They would show up in a gameplay trailer alongside useful information like "new max level 70" "new continent: Dragon isles" and stuff like that but not in the main presentation.
    So far, Allied Races have mostly appeared in main presentation, no? 6 of them were announced in the Battle for Azeroth trailer

By the way, gets me way pumped looking back. BfA's art, the features, two continents, just looking at this trailer as if it was the first time I saw it, I'm way more pumped for that expansion than Draonflight!

It's a shame the expansion ended up being such a disappointment to most, but that trailer sure looks like it has a lot of cool art and content!

Idk about the AR but the villain is definitely Murozond.

Why? Because Yrel. She's groomed to be a future light antagonist but she's stuck in AU Draenor. Murozond will be the only being capable of bringing her to us after w/e causes Nozzy to snap during dragon flight.

I'm thinking the fight will run parallel to the fight from end time.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Idk about the AR but the villain is definitely Murozond.

Why? Because Yrel. She's groomed to be a future light antagonist but she's stuck in AU Draenor. Murozond will be the only being capable of bringing her to us after w/e causes Nozzy to snap during dragon flight.

I'm thinking the fight will run parallel to the fight from end time.
    To be honest, the whole expansion has room for Galakrond, Chromatus and Murozond all being feature villains in the expansion. Galakrond and Murozond have been mentioned by name in interviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, the whole expansion has room for Galakrond, Chromatus and Murozond all being feature villains in the expansion. Galakrond and Murozond have been mentioned by name in interviews though.
    Oh for sure I fully expect chrom and Gala to appear. I'm just convinced Muro is the final. Since w/e time shenanigans he pulls is gonna bring Yrel to us to spark 11.0.

W/e happens with Turalyon, Calia, and Loredron during DF is gonna seed the plot points of 11.0.

Yrel is going to be the match. But we need Murozond to light her up.

Good thing we got a dragon expansion next.