Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

They have admitted that Dungeonfiinder ruins the social fabric of the game

Ion said, that Dungeonfinder ruins the social fabric of the game, which is why they don't want it in WotLK.

Yet, they refuse to take it out of the current game.

They have admitted, that it destroys the social aspect of the game. They know about the problem, yet refuse to do anything about it.

Man blizzard releases an expansion and this guy takes it personally

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing cross-realm stuff like LFD or Sharding would expose that most servers are dead at this point.

That's the real cause of the decayed social aspect. Blizz had a choice between pretending they didn't have too many servers or merging, and they chose to pretend there wasn't a problem.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That is probably because they know that most people who would rather play live than classic care far more about the convenience of queues than any sort of temporary socializing with strangers. I would never do instanced content again if I had to choose between dealing with the often ridiculous prerequisites of idiots forming their own groups or sitting around trying to form my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    they know that most people who would rather play live than classic care far more about the convenience of queues than any sort of temporary socializing with strangers
    Ok, so current WoW is antisocial, and the players want an antisocial game. So why play an MMO? Why develop an MMO?

The fact is that many players who have been playing current WoW over the years have been asking for the removal of dungeonfinder for years, and since Blizzard refused to, a lot of them have left the game.

So yeah, of course, the people who are still left playing the game, prefer dungeonfinder, because all the people who don't, and who really wanna play an MMO, have already left.

Wouldn't it then be a good idea to remove dungeonfinder to get these players back, and to reforge the game into what it used to be, when it had 12 million players?

Again, they know the problem and refuse to act.

They always do this. They have been doing that with other things like talent trees. It took them 10 years to admit that the talent system we have now is shit and now they're going back to talent trees for the next expansion.
    Last edited by Stone Dude; 2022-04-21 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    World of Warcraft lives rent free in his mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    Ok, so current WoW is antisocial, and the players want an antisocial game. So why play an MMO? Why develop an MMO?

The fact is that many players who have been playing current WoW over the years have been asking for the removal of dungeonfinder for years, and since Blizzard refused to, a lot of them have left the game.

So yeah, of course, the people who are still left playing the game, prefer dungeonfinder, because all the people who don't, and who really wanna play an MMO, have already left.
    I can assure you people who want to be social are still social. Guilds, communities and friend lists are still a thing, you know?
    (And actually, thanks to things like communities, I've met more friends in "modern" WoW than I did in "classic" WoW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I can assure you people who want to be social are still social.
    They are. In Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    That is probably because they know that most people who would rather play live than classic care far more about the convenience of queues than any sort of temporary socializing with strangers. I would never do instanced content again if I had to choose between dealing with the often ridiculous prerequisites of idiots forming their own groups or sitting around trying to form my own.
    LF tank for deadmines. Must have 400+ilvl and link achievement for Mythic Sepulcher. I know it's not this bad... but there were people asking for naxx gear minimum for heroic dungeons before lfg was introduced. Then they scream for summons in chat when they are one of the closest ones to the entrance... and you find out they have green quest gear and do 10% of the healers dps when you finally start.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2022-04-21 at 06:25 AM.

They are. In Classic.
    That's strange, because I didn't touch that thing like, ever, and all my friends, old and new, are still playing retail.

Like you conveniently left out, when Blizzard mentioned that WotLK classic won't have the dungeon finder, they mentioned that it's specifically because that's the sort of experience the classic crowd is looking for. The players on retail prefer the convenience of the dungeon finder.

If you're dead set on playing without it, classic is there for you. It'll never be removed from retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

They are. In Classic.
    They are. In retail as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Like you conveniently left out, when Blizzard mentioned that WotLK classic won't have the dungeon finder, they mentioned that it's specifically because that's the sort of experience the classic crowd is looking for. The players on retail prefer the convenience of the dungeon finder.

If you're dead set on playing without it, classic is there for you. It'll never be removed from retail.
    I guess it will cut down on people farming heroics 24/7 since they will be locked out after one run and can't que for randoms afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    They are. In retail as well.
    If you really want a social experience, you're not playing the current game.

Social experience means more than just guilds. Guilds just means that you're in your own little bubble. That's not the same as having free social experiences with people on your server at all times everywhere you are, in zones leveling, forming groups for dungeons etc. The current game, with things like phasing, sharding, crossrealm groups, LFG and LFR makes this impossible.

And like I said, Ion knows it. He said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Like you conveniently left out, when Blizzard mentioned that WotLK classic won't have the dungeon finder, they mentioned that it's specifically because that's the sort of experience the classic crowd is looking for.
    Right. They all left the current game cause it's not a real MMO anymore.

So why does Blizzard refuse to remove dungeonfinder?

He said it destroys the social fabric of the game. That is independent of what version of the game you're playing. So he's ok with the social aspect being destroyed in the current game. The current game is just a phased singleplayer game. That's the best way to make an MMO.

That is just your assumption, cone.

Yesterday it took me an hour to find a tank for BFD in TBC classic, on the most populated horde server (Gehennas). What a nice social experience.
    And it's chokeful of people looking for and doing boosts.

This just shows that people don't know what they want.

Social experience means more than just guilds. Guilds just means that you're in your own little bubble. That's not the same as having free social experiences with people on your server at all times everywhere you are, in zones leveling, forming groups for dungeons etc. The current game, with things like phasing, sharding, crossrealm groups, LFG and LFR makes this impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets hope they double down on that, and all you weirdos and the "social" aspect stick to replaying the scam version of the game while we get new things although delayed lately they are still new things, and then we simply pick up our phone and call friends for an outing if we need our social bar filled.

Who would have thought of that eh?

I love the notion that someone a guild as its own little bubble is a bad thing, when its literally there for a reason, its okay Kokolum2, you will get freebie items from being carried by others in WoTLK.

- - - Updated - - -

He said it destroys the social fabric of the game. That is independent of what version of the game you're playing. So he's ok with the social aspect being destroyed in the current game. The current game is just a phased singleplayer game. That's the best way to make an MMO.
    ffxiv is a pretty social/rp-heavy game, why does the lfd/lfr work there?

Things like housing, advanced facial expressions/emotions or even stupid gimmicks like the bard instruments influence this stuff way more than lfd ever will.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-04-21 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, you wannabe gatekeepers need to drop it already and get the fuck over it.

Its been 13 years and its not the the reason the game want to shit.

Blizzard burying their head in the sand and ignoring server population issues for 5 years is. That, greed, and raid or die

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    ffxiv is a pretty social/rp-heavy game, why does the lfd/lfr work there?

Things like housing, advanced facial expressions/emotions or even stupid gimmicks like the bard instruments influence this stuff way more than lfd ever will.
    Yup, just about everyone hanging out in the cities, world, gold saucer, and doing lots of shit on the Faerie server (my server since 2013).

Pretty heavy use of cross server there and everything is peachy keen.

Its a Blizzard and wannabe be gatekeeper issue like it always has been.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!