Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Hardly anyone I know, who actually played all of Cataclysm, dislikes it.
    Did any of these people play Arenas? And outside of RM / RMP / RLS combos?

    Awful imbalance, especially season 11. PvE items in PvP, Gurthalak warriors, Unheeded Warning / Vial of Shadows / Legendary dagger Rogues, 1shots everywhere. Rogues in Cata made whole game (especially on PvP realms) unfun for everyone else, they were a huge pain in the ass. Even DKs in start of WoTLK weren't that OP.

    Despite all the complaints about BFA / SL arenas, I find Cata seasons (especially Dragonsoul one) all time worst.

  2. #42
    Another way to read this is that they realized the Classic-era servers turned out to be embarrassing ghost towns so they're not going to do that again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    So does this realistically mean season of mastery for TBC is coming not too long after WOTLK launches?
    They mentioned SoM as a success story for Classic so I'd imagine that TBC SoM is on the table at some point.

  3. #43
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,035
    I had wanted to make a character copy to dick around in bis whenever i felt like it. Extremely disappointing

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,455
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Recuperate

    Just a reminder why I and many other players hate Cata that much.

    This is the most stupidly overpowered ability ever created. Giving a stealth class with the ability to reset a fight multiple times practical immortality (get 5 combo points, vanish / restealth and heal to 90% while being stealthed).

    No, thanks. Never again. Unless they remove this retarded ability at start of "Cata classic".

  5. #45
    Keyboard Turner Lodidop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Chaldea
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Prob there will be relaunch of TBC with SOME changes.
    Hope these changes include playable Broken...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Troija View Post
    Gonna have to completely disagree again... the Downfall of WoW was WoD. legion was there big fanfare were sorry expansion and besides not being alt freindly at start was pretty good.

    Cata was one of the few expansions to cater to every player type and playstyle. i dont understand the eliest argument to LFR its a scrub version of the raid with bottled down gear if you dont like it dont run it it takes nothing away from Actual players who want to progress or Raid top teir or get BiS.

    on top of that LFR wasnt released till the End game Patch cause it was thee end game villian which id perfer that system of LFR rather then every raid being LFR

    Dont take this as im comng for you at all but the LFR is shit argument... Cata is just barely in top 3 expansions for me but it was far from bad compared to say WoD,BFA or The god awfulness of Shadowlands
    The sub numbers speak for themselves. WoTLK is a natural stopping point for classic because it's the last expac with the original zones and quests, and subs began cratering in Cata. Classic is meant to pull back players who dislike retail, and there's nothing more retail than LFR from Cata and talent revamp from MoP.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Who cares what they are stuck on ? The fact of the matter is enough people prefer something else.
    Eh? That's exactly what this thread is about: there won't be servers permanently stuck on SWP.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh? That's exactly what this thread is about: there won't be servers permanently stuck on SWP.

    Hence why we say its a stupid decision and there should be tbc servers in continuity.

    So what is your point ? Are you confused or lost ?

  9. #49
    Well this seems like an incredibly dumb decision to me. Anyone who came back specifically to play their favorite expansion is just screwed.

    Back to private servers for them I guess.

  10. #50
    Era servers were a dumb idea. Fresh original Classic please.

    Classic Vanilla, TBC and then Wrath should all be up at the same time though. Or you will never create communities like they did on private servers.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Hence why we say its a stupid decision and there should be tbc servers in continuity.

    So what is your point ? Are you confused or lost ?
    Clearly you are. Nobody plays on servers that are stuck in the final patch. People want fresh servers. This thread is about the former, not the latter.

  12. #52
    I understand the decision but i hope there's going to be at least some form of seasonal servers for TBC as well in the future.

  13. #53
    Fluffy Kitten GothamCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Did any of these people play Arenas? And outside of RM / RMP / RLS combos?

    Awful imbalance, especially season 11. PvE items in PvP, Gurthalak warriors, Unheeded Warning / Vial of Shadows / Legendary dagger Rogues, 1shots everywhere. Rogues in Cata made whole game (especially on PvP realms) unfun for everyone else, they were a huge pain in the ass. Even DKs in start of WoTLK weren't that OP.

    Despite all the complaints about BFA / SL arenas, I find Cata seasons (especially Dragonsoul one) all time worst.
    Yep. I played arenas back then too as a resto druid/holy paladin. As mainly a raider (as are the people I socialize with) we usually like PvP more when we can actually use our gear in it, so it was refreshing compared to BC/LK. Legendaries have always been a bit problematic, but Fangs were easily the least offensive of the bunch. Rogues were not strong because of them specifically, but just strong in general. Actually rogues without legendaries were towards the bottom of the dps pack, while with them they moved to the top of the pack (though not #1 overall). The daggers also usually couldn't build up enough stacks in arenas to be useable (unless the fight was particularly long, or if you just let the rogue freely attack constantly - which was rare in that era).

    Rogues have always made WPvP unfun. That's basically how they're designed. If they get the drop on you, you die. Outside stealth, they're trivial to kill (this has changed in later years, but specifically talking about Classic through Cata). Only a few classes had the tools to win if a rogue opens on you, and those usually have massive cooldowns so the rogue can respawn, recover, and then kill you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Recuperate

    Just a reminder why I and many other players hate Cata that much.

    This is the most stupidly overpowered ability ever created. Giving a stealth class with the ability to reset a fight multiple times practical immortality (get 5 combo points, vanish / restealth and heal to 90% while being stealthed).

    No, thanks. Never again. Unless they remove this retarded ability at start of "Cata classic".
    Recup was a 30% heal, not 90% (at 5 CP). While strong, it was also slow. It took a full 30s to recover, which was more than enough time for you to also fully heal or just run away. I am honestly beginning to question if you actually played Cata or just repeat wrong information you heard after joining?
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Well Id like to know if its gonna be the same with wotlk, I dont want to play if im gonna be forced to go cata afterwards
    If my experience with Everquest progression servers is any indication: Eventually this will be the maximum number of different classic servers at any given time:

    Classic Era (Perma Beginning of cycle)
    WotLK Era (Perma End of cycle)
    Current Normal Cycle (Classic - TBC - Wrath timelocked progression)
    Special "Season" Cycle (Classic - TBC - Wrath timelocked progression with special rulesets)

    Anytime the Timelocked progression moves into TBC you'll have the option of transferring to Classic Era. They might to a Cataclysm Era Progression but that will likely be on retail & they give you the chance to transfer your character to a retail realm timelocked to the Cataclysm era, and anytime the Timelocked progression starts over you'll have the option of transferring to WotLK Era. No reason to do a full client for Cataclysm & subsequent expansions because those already exist on retail. They may or may not do this. Otherwise everyone will automatically be transferred to the WotLK Era server when the progression cycle starts over.

  15. #55
    Sounds like TBC playerbase dropped off if that's the case.

  16. #56
    Community is partially to blame. They wanted museum servers which of course ended up being complete ghost towns. If Era servers had any chance of surviving they would of had to dump everyone on a single persistent server. Even then SoM still probably would of have killed it.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well this seems like an incredibly dumb decision to me. Anyone who came back specifically to play their favorite expansion is just screwed.

    Back to private servers for them I guess.
    Exactly, this announcement is horrible news. I always had the feeling that having all of the classic versions up at once was too great of an idea and wouldn't be allowed. I'd much rather they keep the existing expansions and just add them all over time, I'd completely be willing to pay $15 a month for each separate version of the game I wanted to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Clearly you are. Nobody plays on servers that are stuck in the final patch. People want fresh servers. This thread is about the former, not the latter.
    Speak for yourself, I hate progression servers, I'd actually prefer if the re-release of the old expansions didn't even go through the content patches and launched with the final patch initially. My Mists server has been on the final patch for years now and I still have fun weekly and I'm content if it stays that way forever.
    Last edited by yeetcannon; 2022-04-21 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They should have at least 1 server for every expansion at least as a "museum". There are also plenty of people that want to stick to tbc to populate at least 1 server.
    This. The entire reason we’re here is because we have no way to go back. They really should allow us to be able to go back.

    It’s a strange thing to balance I’m sure because there are costs associated with maintaining these servers, and you can’t just merge servers together. Imagine if you merged the servers together and then suddenly there was a massive explosion in popularity to go back and play Classic and suddenly nobody can because the entire player base was funneled into one server.

    So it’s a tricky situation, but I think it’s also a massive pain having to carry forward with no availability to go back. If I want to play with my TBC character again, I have to wait for a new season and start all over? That’s not super fun. Sometimes I like to look back and see where I came from.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sounds like TBC playerbase dropped off if that's the case.
    I think the lack of interest in Era servers is the biggest reason, as Classic era realms struggle to retain a stable population.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    Speak for yourself, I hate progression servers, I'd actually prefer if the re-release of the old expansions didn't even go through the content patches and launched with the final patch initially. My Mists server has been on the final patch for years now and I still have fun weekly and I'm content if it stays that way forever.
    You are one of an extreme minority as proven by the Classic Era servers. Can't say I care enough to say the servers shouldn't exist though, just saying comparing it to shit like --- snip --- is stupid.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-22 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •