Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,720
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It makes no sense whatsoever that a race that can use the magic of all the dragons would use anything but, on an isle where its mostly dragons they wouldnt learn anything else,
    if you think YOUR dracthyr would be no other class, thats perfectly fine.

    MY dracthyr and others, may chose a different path, for whatever reasons you want.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you think YOUR dracthyr would be no other class, thats perfectly fine.

    MY dracthyr and others, may chose a different path, for whatever reasons you want.
    There is no my or your dracthyr, there is only what blizzard give you and thats not changing, so you dont have a choice.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you think YOUR dracthyr would be no other class, thats perfectly fine.

    MY dracthyr and others, may chose a different path, for whatever reasons you want.
    Not if blizzard says you won’t

  4. #284
    I'm quite ok with it. More so if blizz actually builds on it.

    Where the restrictions close possibilities, they also open entirely new ones.

    When they don't have to care about any other classes nor any other races, they can tie more stuff to the evoker animations. Like... casters using their weapons? That staff that seems to be glued to your back as a statstick? Now you can use it directly in the cast animations when you don't have to do separate animations for each race and classes.

    Will blizz do it? Probably not.

    But the possibilities exist. If they actually do it, evoker+dracthyr could become the coolest race+class in game with greater quality animations and effects.

  5. #285
    I'm ok with the restrictions. I know other's aren't, but not everyone agrees on everything. I want Human shamans and druids, people scream lore at me as to why we can't have them. It is what it is.. Afterall, it's just a game.

  6. #286
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,720
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no my or your dracthyr, there is only what blizzard give you and thats not changing, so you dont have a choice.
    There is no choice now, but the game isn't released yet, so things can change for the better.


    you don't know if its changing or not, you are not a dev.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no choice now, but the game isn't released yet, so things can change for the better.


    you don't know if its changing or not, you are not a dev.
    The devs literally said they aren’t going to release with more classes but they will think about it in the future. Their words not mine.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no choice now, but the game isn't released yet, so things can change for the better.


    you don't know if its changing or not, you are not a dev.
    We do know because they said thats the way its going to be for at least this expansion, and you are not the one who decides whats better for the game, that is what the devs decide not the players, just because you think its better doesnt make it true, no amount of complaining is going to change anything especially in this forum.

    If Blizz paid attention to everyone complaining, there probably would be player housing and many other pointless additions and they would still not address the main problem WoW has, that is enough content to keep the player engaged for a long time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #289
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    The devs literally said they aren’t going to release with more classes but they will think about it in the future. Their words not mine.
    "they will not change" and "they may change" are two different statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    We do know because they said thats the way its going to be for at least this expansion, and you are not the one who decides whats better for the game, that is what the devs decide not the players, just because you think its better doesnt make it true, no amount of complaining is going to change anything especially in this forum.
    you don't know that, things change, its not even alpha yet.

    Something majority enjoys is for the better

    If Blizz paid attention to everyone complaining, there probably would be player housing and many other pointless additions and they would still not address the main problem WoW has, that is enough content to keep the player engaged for a long time.
    slippery slope fallacy

  10. #290
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,877
    The fact they said Dracthyr Evoker is "WoWs first race/class combo" makes me think single races for single classes may become a new thing.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Why would dragons, who posses abilities to scorch the earth from the sky or to inflict magical attacks from a distance, pick up a sword to fight in hand to hand combat?


    Here I’ll make it super simple for you.

    Tomorrow you’re going to Ukraine, you’re going to have to fight and you’re on the front lines. You have a choice between using explosives and firearms, or a sword and shield. How many people pick the sword?

    Does the army who has swords and shields and artillery win against the army who just has straight up artillery?

    If you try to explain that logic I’m going to assume you’re insane
    Terrible analogy, but let me make this simple for you: Dracthyr are not dragons. They are not the Aspects. They are Dragonkin and we have been killing the shit out of Dragonkin for almost 20 years now. If the the ability to wield magic makes you omnipotent, why don’t mages rule Azeroth.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "they will not change" and "they may change" are two different statements.



    you don't know that, things change, its not even alpha yet.

    Something majority enjoys is for the better



    slippery slope fallacy
    The simple fact is you dont know what is best for a new class, you are just complaining because you cant be a dragon on the class you want and would ignore every single lore reason just to fit what you want.

    I know for 100% that blizz wont change anything especially for the next expansion, the majority doesnt decide what is better, the devs decide what is right for the game or not, you dont know whats best for the game, you only know what you want to happen and that doesnt always fit the purpose of the game.

    It makes no sense at all for a dragonoid class to use anything but dragon abilities.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "they will not change" and "they may change" are two different statements.

    Uhhh I mean sure? They are two statements that make up one statement. “I’m not going to mow tonight but I might mow sometime this week”.

    You know for sure I’m not mowing tonight, and you don’t know when or if I will mow.

    you don't know that, things change, its not even alpha yet.

    Something majority enjoys is for the better
    We know that’s what blizzard told us? Lol so it’s pretty safe to assume that will be true.

    Also what makes you think the majority agree with you? I mean you’re outnumbered in this forum alone lol.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm fine with it as long as its a class that only that race could be. I've been trying to get a murloc swarm class/race for decades.
    Now THAT would be a dream raceclass.

  15. #295
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Terrible analogy, but let me make this simple for you: Dracthyr are not dragons. They are not the Aspects. They are Dragonkin and we have been killing the shit out of Dragonkin for almost 20 years now. If the the ability to wield magic makes you omnipotent, why don’t mages rule Azeroth.
    To be fair, they're quite a bit beyond the Dragokin we've been "killing for years". They're chromatic/prismatics who can directly utilize the power of the 5 dragonflights simultaneously. As a class, they are a playable version of the aspects.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Terrible analogy, but let me make this simple for you: Dracthyr are not dragons. They are not the Aspects. They are Dragonkin and we have been killing the shit out of Dragonkin for almost 20 years now. If the the ability to wield magic makes you omnipotent, why don’t mages rule Azeroth.
    The new race is much different with the power of all the dragonflights, they were made specifically, magic is the strongest force in WoW lore and could easily wipe out whole cities if blizzard allowed them too, daralan has the power to rule the whole planet with ease and could just wipe out any resistance with one attack if they wanted.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #297
    I'm fine with it for this xpac, next xpac they should be dracthyr should be other classes and other races should be Envokers.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Terrible analogy, but let me make this simple for you: Dracthyr are not dragons. They are not the Aspects. They are Dragonkin and we have been killing the shit out of Dragonkin for almost 20 years now. If the the ability to wield magic makes you omnipotent, why don’t mages rule Azeroth.
    That’s not a terrible analogy at all, it just disproved your point so you don’t like it. I told you that’s not how it works in reality or fantasy. You don’t need to be an expert in more skills to be victorious. I gave you a clear cut example. If there is a war with 1000 people on each side. One side has 1000 people with guns and artillery and the other has 500 people with sword and shields and 500 with guns and artillery, then by YOUR OWN LOGIC, the side with the swords should win because:

    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    No. Because an army or group of people who can only do one thing is at an disadvantage against a group that can do multiple things.
    The fact is whatever is strongest wins. They are dragons using aspect magic. It’s fairly safe to assume and within reason to believe that because they have this power available that they wouldn’t feel a need to pick up a sword.

    Just like my analogy. If you are going to war IRL, and you had the choice between a gun or a sword we both know which you would pick. And no one would think it’s insane that no one picks a sword.


    Edit: also to touch on your other comment, in lore mages practically do own the world. Soldiers are essentially cannon fodder when it comes to combat. A mage will take out hundreds if not thousands of soldiers in one fell sweep. Christ Jaina at one point summoned some sort of magical tidal wave with the full intent to literally kill anyone and everything inside Org, but stopped after talking with thrall I think.

    Also we have never seen this race before, these are not dragonkin. These are not the same things we have been fighting forever.
    Last edited by Dractier; 2022-04-26 at 01:06 AM.

  19. #299
    This has been the most abysmal showing of a new expansion I've ever seen in WoW, and the laziest.

    A brand new race that can only also be the new class, and a brand new class that can only be that one race? This isn't Blizzard hyping you for all those hero classes you want, because they aren't coming. It's taken them what, roughly FOUR years since the last class? Yea, dragonflights biggest piece of news is an extremely specific character that's more limited in options then literally anything else you can play in WoW. And it doesn't even have 3 specs.

    Add in the 'new' talent trees that prove Blizzard doesn't actually understand why the original ones were so fun. Tip; It was picking and choosing from every part of a class at once *alongside* getting something to do every level instead of every 5. Just taking spell ranks and breaking them into +5% moonfire damage 1 out of 4 on a talent tree ain't going to cut it.

    Andddddd dragonriding. Who's actually excited to have flying more tedious? I'm serious, who's out there that actively plays wow still that's like 'hell yea, the cornerstone system of the dragon expansion we've all wanted... fighting gravity on our flying mounts!' Unless dragonriding becomes suddenly essential to raiding and outdoor combat (lol) it's another gimmick. And you know what? gimmicks are cool! Unless of course they're shown off as the only reasons to play the expansion.

    What else was there... some profession changes and we can continue to move our UI like we've been doing for the past 15 years, but without an addon?

    So to answer the OP, naw the race and class lock (plus mount / xmog restrictions from what I've read) on literally the one new intriguing thing for this expansion means I'm back to unsubbed.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    This has been the most abysmal showing of a new expansion I've ever seen in WoW, and the laziest.
    Nah Shadowlands was way worse.
    I remember after the announcement/ features reveal of Shadowlands literally saying “That’s it?”

    DF’s announcement could’ve been better if they had an actual features overview trailer because they clearly had enough content for it…
    But it’s still actually got me hyped, especially compared to BfA and SL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •