Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You aren't them though. They're actually full fleged dragons and they aren't every dragon ever. Im actually fairly certain that they have actually used swords before but your character won't be on that same power level. It makes zero sense that dracthyr wouldn't also be warriors.
    You're just looking for an excuse to complain, dude if you dont like it you dont have to play it there's PLENTY of other races to choose from, Get over it please!

  2. #462
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You aren't them though. They're actually full fleged dragons and they aren't every dragon ever. Im actually fairly certain that they have actually used swords before but your character won't be on that same power level. It makes zero sense that dracthyr wouldn't also be warriors.
    For all intents and purposes you are. You can do pretty much everything they can do. So why would you pick up a sword when you can fly overhead and roast enemies from above?

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea that comparison is flawed for a number of reasons. If we take it seriously nobody would ever play a melee class and everyone would be hunters. Their are obvious advantages to a melee weapon.

    Their is literally no good reason they couldn't be warriors, literally every other race in the game can do it.
    So you disregard my question because you dislike the answer lol. The point of the matter is, these dragon have access to something much more powerful than even guns. They are rain down flames from the sky, it isn’t outside of the realm of possibility that a race/class like this thinks “you know what maybe I don’t need to fight in melee combat”.

    Not to mention to lore so far is that they were literally created to only use magic like this. Just kinda confused as to where the disconnect here is. Are you trying to just explain that you disagree with the lore? Well I mean this is a piece of the lore that actually makes sense so idk why you’d be complaining about this piece of the lore specifically, I would be complaining about taurens being rogues, now THAT doesn’t make sense

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by snugglestheogre View Post
    didnt read thread. not okay with dracthyr. not okay with evoker restriction to dracthyr. not okay with dracthyr single class limit for those who do like their look. dont care about lore reasons. lore is just random stuff blizzard make up. it could be anything. not a reason. evoker should be for other races too.
    Lore reasons aside, you understand the evoker class in general is dragon based abilities right.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no lore broken if someone want to be other class.

    Hell, it would not even be broken they losing their pwoers, losing power is something normal that happens here and there,there is no lore "breaking" on that, there is no lore stating "they can enver lose their power",

    Another useless and pointless tentative to explain away the problem.



    proof.
    There is lore being broken if a dragon class does anything other than use dragon abilities, whats the point in being that race at all if you dont have dragon powers, you have no logic in any of your arguments. In WoW they do lose thier powers because they are not going to allow a paladin to use all those abilities and thier dragon ones, it just doesnt work for WoW.

    Dont need to provide any proof the years of updates not giving players what they complain about is more than enough to dissprove anything you say.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #465
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    For all intents and purposes you are. You can do pretty much everything they can do. So why would you pick up a sword when you can fly overhead and roast enemies from above?
    really im chromie? thats fantastic then I don't need anything I can literally change time...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    So you disregard my question because you dislike the answer lol. The point of the matter is, these dragon have access to something much more powerful than even guns. They are rain down flames from the sky, it isn’t outside of the realm of possibility that a race/class like this thinks “you know what maybe I don’t need to fight in melee combat”.

    Not to mention to lore so far is that they were literally created to only use magic like this. Just kinda confused as to where the disconnect here is. Are you trying to just explain that you disagree with the lore? Well I mean this is a piece of the lore that actually makes sense so idk why you’d be complaining about this piece of the lore specifically, I would be complaining about taurens being rogues, now THAT doesn’t make sense

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lore reasons aside, you understand the evoker class in general is dragon based abilities right.
    Its a trap question thats why I disregarded it. By that logic everyone should be a hunter because ranged weaponry is so superior. Literally every race can pick up a sword but not dracthyr. Theirs no good reason other than lazy developers.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  6. #466
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,913
    We already accepted this with Demon Hunters. Who liked being forced to play blood elf in the faction of Orcs.

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So like no dragon guy ever learned to pick up a sword, shout out loud and then run really fast at somebody? like they should be able to be warriors at least
    From what I heard after being made they were put into hibernation and are just now waking up so actually know they never learned how to do that.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    really im chromie? thats fantastic then I don't need anything I can literally change time...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its a trap question thats why I disregarded it. By that logic everyone should be a hunter because ranged weaponry is so superior. Literally every race can pick up a sword but not dracthyr. Theirs no good reason other than lazy developers.
    Ok here’s your issue, you took my analogy at its face literal value and didn’t look deeper to see the point I was giving you. You just said “everyone can pick up a sword besides dracthyr”, you saying this is a clear sign that you aren’t understanding my point. They can, but they choose not to, because they have a much more powerful tool at their disposal. Why doesn’t Jaina use a sword? Are you getting the full picture now?

    There are benefits to being a warrior over a hunter, but when it comes to them literally being able to fly over a battlefield and shoot out magic from the aspects, picking up a sword seems like a bad idea.

  9. #469
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    really im chromie? thats fantastic then I don't need anything I can literally change time...
    That's right, you can change time. Though I'm not sure that will lead to you not doing anything.

  10. #470
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's right, you can change time. Though I'm not sure that will lead to you not doing anything.
    the point was that if all the dracthyr were actually as powerful as chromie then we wouldn't need evokers...clearly theirs a distinction
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #471
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    the point was that if all the dracthyr were actually as powerful as chromie then we wouldn't need evokers...clearly theirs a distinction
    Well the purpose of the Dracthry Evoker is to give you the powers of dragons like Chromie in a balanced class form. You have that, so yes, you could do everything Chromie could theoretically do if she were a class in WoW.

  12. #472
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    Ok here’s your issue, you took my analogy at its face literal value and didn’t look deeper to see the point I was giving you. You just said “everyone can pick up a sword besides dracthyr”, you saying this is a clear sign that you aren’t understanding my point. They can, but they choose not to, because they have a much more powerful tool at their disposal. Why doesn’t Jaina use a sword? Are you getting the full picture now?

    There are benefits to being a warrior over a hunter, but when it comes to them literally being able to fly over a battlefield and shoot out magic from the aspects, picking up a sword seems like a bad idea.
    Thats asanine. The blood elves and night elves also had more powerful magic at their disposal. They still had warriors. The Jaina example is equally dumb. Shes a human with magic well I guess no humans can or should ever be warriors because Jaina has magic. The idea that they can ONLY be evokers and never picked up any martial disciplines when literally every other race has is the problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well the purpose of the Dracthry Evoker is to give you the powers of dragons like Chromie in a balanced class form. You have that, so yes, you could do everything Chromie could theoretically do if she were a class in WoW.
    Obviously this isn't true and you know that. For one I won't be an npc offering to alter time so you can level in whatever time you like. You tried to sneak in "balanced class form" which is just saying no dracthry are not actual dragons with chromie powers.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thats asanine. The blood elves and night elves also had more powerful magic at their disposal. They still had warriors. The Jaina example is equally dumb. Shes a human with magic well I guess no humans can or should ever be warriors because Jaina has magic. The idea that they can ONLY be evokers and never picked up any martial disciplines when literally every other race has is the problem.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Obviously this isn't true and you know that. For one I won't be an npc offering to alter time so you can level in whatever time you like. You tried to sneak in "balanced class form" which is just saying no dracthry are not actual dragons with chromie powers.
    /facepalm

    Dude. Night elves and blood elves and humans are not like dracthyr. They were not specifically created TO BE SPELL CASTERS/POWERFUL MAGIC USERS.

    Some of them CAN use magic, and the ones that CAN they DO.

    That’s the difference. Dracthyr were specifically created in order to BE POWERFUL spell casters. Like imagine if we started complaining that mages don’t start fighting in melee combat. That’s literally the same thing you’re asking here. The thing about this is that you are looking at this race like any other race, which is already a dumb thing to do because this race was CREATED TO DO ONE SPECIFIC THING. CAST SPELLS.

    Like I legit don’t know how else to break this down for you any simpler

  14. #474
    Not really. I would like the class Evoker to get cleaned up . So the first hero caster class in almost 20 years can be enjoyed on more than one race. *fingers crossed*

  15. #475
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    /facepalm

    Dude. Night elves and blood elves and humans are not like dracthyr. They were not specifically created TO BE SPELL CASTERS/POWERFUL MAGIC USERS.

    Some of them CAN use magic, and the ones that CAN they DO.

    That’s the difference. Dracthyr were specifically created in order to BE POWERFUL spell casters. Like imagine if we started complaining that mages don’t start fighting in melee combat. That’s literally the same thing you’re asking here. The thing about this is that you are looking at this race like any other race, which is already a dumb thing to do because this race was CREATED TO DO ONE SPECIFIC THING. CAST SPELLS.

    Like I legit don’t know how else to break this down for you any simpler
    By that logic im sure SOME dracthry could wield melee weapons as well. and if you can't see the advantages to doing so im not sure what to tell you.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    By that logic im sure SOME dracthry could wield melee weapons as well. and if you can't see the advantages to doing so im not sure what to tell you.
    I’m sure they all CAN. But that’s not what they were meant to do. I’m sure SOME warlocks can pick up a sword but most will not be doing so. It’s like you’re almost there to understanding but you’re missing that one little piece

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    By that logic im sure SOME dracthry could wield melee weapons as well. and if you can't see the advantages to doing so im not sure what to tell you.
    The dracthyr are spell casters just like all dragons are, a melee weapon to a spell caster is like picking up a stick compared to using a grenade, just face it they are not going to be a melee class ever.

    There is no advantage for a spell caster class to use a melee weapon let alone let then be a class of lesser power than they are born with.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-01 at 10:27 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  18. #478
    I need to see more of the new race/class in action, but so far its not something im interested in, more interested in other features that they are hopefully taking away or implementing.

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by snugglestheogre View Post
    didnt read thread. not okay with dracthyr. not okay with evoker restriction to dracthyr. not okay with dracthyr single class limit for those who do like their look. dont care about lore reasons. lore is just random stuff blizzard make up. it could be anything. not a reason. evoker should be for other races too.
    You not liking a reason doesn't make it not a reason. Or are you reasons not actually reasons because i don't like them?

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You not liking a reason doesn't make it not a reason. Or are you reasons not actually reasons because i don't like them?

    “Not okay with gnomes, not okay with their restrictions for them not to be Druids, not okay with single faction limit on them for the people who do want to play gnomes, let them play horde. Don’t care about lore reasons. That isn’t a reason. lore is just random stuff blizzard make up. it could be anything. not a reason. gnome should be for all factions”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •