Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm ok with this but it feels like a lot of effort will be wasted for their humanoid form as you'll never be able to see this. Also, I find it kind of lazy, or even lame to design classes around transformations on which you can't see your character.

Always been an issue to me that druid and DH spend most of their active time in animal / demon form than in humanoid and that blizzard never designed anything to allow them to fight in normal mode (a glyph to make demonform just make the DH be bigger, maybe a primalist form for druid who just make them mimic their animal attacks ...)

this isnt enough! we need gender locked classes also,does blizzard hate china/korea or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfectly fine with it. Dracthyrs are dragons, and the Evoker class is the dragon class that grants Dracthyrs their draconic abilities. You really can't have one without the other, so it makes perfect sense. Hopefully, they don't cave to pressure and maintain the restrictions on the Dracthyr.

I'm fine with it but the current model looks God fucking awful, it's like something out of Elder Scrolls series from 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    They said in an interview that the dragon form will only have shoulders/belt/tabard shown on the model.

I don't really care about the new class I just want my dragon to pick up a sword, I think it's just lazy writing trying to justify why they can be only one class and it's actually because the model isn't rigged properly.
    They also said that they have armor that can be changed in the barber shop. We see this with a helm on some of them in the videos.

Which...isn't great imo. People didn't like having less transmog options with Mechagnomes, so I don't know why they'd choose to have a race with even more restrictions.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I am. I don't find locks to be disruptive... Doesn't matter what kind of lock it is tbh.

Hope that shoulder armor transmogs are true and hope they expand on that front in general though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Goes the other way too; would be strange to have a drakthyr warrior who somehow lost his aspect powers.
    In this specific case, the race and class are basically one. And I don't mind that; I don't mind Blizzard doing things differently from time to time.
    With racials, and their ability to fly, they still would have had the fantasy of being a dragon-person, while also using the abilities of other classes.

We see through other dragonkin that they use powers of several other classes that already exist. Druids and green dragons work well together. Being a red dracthyr fire mage would fit perfectly, same with a blue dracthyr frost or arcane mage, same with a bronze arcane mage. Black dracthyr could work well as warriors and shamans. Hunters and warriors don't really need lore reasons to exist for any race.

Drakonids are similar to dracthyr, being of a humanoid shape and being part of every flight. They also charge at you whirling around their spears. There isn't a reason why dracthyr can't eventually be other races.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I'm fine with it but the current model looks God fucking awful, it's like something out of Elder Scrolls series from 00's.
    Don't worry, I'm sure the models are going to be improved.

3+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of whether they should be able to be other races/classes it makes sense from a lore standpoint, what doesn't make sense however is the fact that they are very limited in terms of mortal race options.

It would've been nice to get a more stalwart melee class alongside the Evoker if the Evoker cannot be a tank. Drac'thyr having the option of either being an Evoker or something like a Dragon Knight.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-04-23 at 11:36 AM.

I'm not resubbing for this bullshit ..

Given they've already talked about opening the new race up to more class choices post launch (probably post Dragonflight), I'm fine with the restrictions.

Evoker being Dracthyr only makes perfect sense since some of the abilities require the physical traits of the Dracthyr to function (such as the Onyxian Deep Breath style attack).

That said, I wish the visage form was opened up a little in terms of race choices. The fact that genders are locked to male Belves and female Humans seems very restrictive, especially since Dracthyr themselves seem androgynous.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Not only am I okay with it, I actually like it a lot.

It allows them to do so much more with the class, both in the types of skills they use but also in their animations. If they decide that going forward they'll do this for every class I would have no problem with it. Really a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not only am I okay with it, I actually like it a lot.

It allows them to do so much more with the class, both in the types of skills they use but also in their animations. If they decide that going forward they'll do this for every class I would have no problem with it. Really a great idea.
    Yep, one of the reasons this class gets a slew of aerial attacks is because the Dracthyr have wings.

Stuff like that makes me happy that the class is race-restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If with interesting evolution you mean absurd lazy, cause this is what looks like. Don't work on the race, make an elf with some scales to say they have a lot of customizations, don't give to other races so you don't do more than once and call a day.

DH is already too lazy and they should have opened options for other races by now.
    They made a right shot by making DHs only playable by Elves and instead giving them more customization options tbh and they are doing it again by basing the Dracthyr human model on humanoid models and instead giving those lots of unique customization. Pretty races are the most popular after all, so it would be less viable to cut corner on their forms in order to make Dracthyr transformable into fringe races like gnomes or orcs.

I'm ok with it in fact the less I see of those weird snake things the better. It makes me wish that Pandas were monk only too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    I'm fine with the new race. I'm not fine with that the new class is restricted to a singular race.
    You want gnomes to breathe fire? The class and race are one and the same. Both the class and the race are basically "dragon".

I'm not just fine, I am very pleased!
    I don't like new races at all, since I already have most classes, so playing a new race would mean abandoning another char I already invested time in. But since the new race only has the new class, I don't have this problem at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    They made a right shot by making DHs only playable by Elves and instead giving them more customization options tbh and they are doing it again by basing the Dracthyr human model on humanoid models and instead giving those lots of unique customization. Pretty races are the most popular after all, so it would be less viable to cut corner on their forms in order to make Dracthyr transformable into fringe races like gnomes or orcs.
    Again, if you wanan call the lazy route the one with "interesting evolution" fine, sure its just way better to make every new shit elves with some different skin color, im sure the game will benefit a lot from it

people who already play elves, that are minority, will not stop playing elves, and people who don't play then will not play at all.

And allowing the core races to transform into dracthyr would not rly cost then more than they should do with the money they get

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    then tell me how they can turn into blood/high elves, who also, didn't existed 10.000 years ago.

If you rly want to limit then on the races who existed that time, you shuld be a troll, tauren, vrykul.

Pandaren were other classes just fine.
    Don't forget Night Elves, Earthen, Mechagnomes, and Pandaren. Although given the little connection between Dragon and most of those races, I'd say Night Elves would make the most sense lore wise for visage forms. I'm still hoping they have it limited at start and expand it later, but this I doubt. Same thing with expanding the classes.

Pandaren weren't "Created" by someone who specifically created them to be that style.

Edit: I was more thinking "Why would Dracthyr take a visage form of Orcs/Draenei, they weren't on Azeroth" when I was thinking some Visage forms wouldn't make sense, and just kinda ignored the fact that pale elves and humans didn't exist then either, they're just so widespread in WoW's history it felt like they would be there.
    Last edited by Tecuani; 2022-04-23 at 11:28 PM.

The model needs work, but the overall design concept is okay.

Restricting it to a single class is most definitely NOT okay, and enough of a dealbreaker for me personally to keep away from DF.