Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Agree...

Open up more classes to dracthyr sometime in DF or in 11.0

Make a lot more visage races and allow combat in visage form.

Then you got pseudo availability to multiple races for evoker.

Give me my dracthyr paladin with orc visage plz

not seeing gear sucks and the model they have shown really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    not seeing gear sucks and the model they have shown really sucks.
    Well if they allow combat in visage then that won't matter. Plus makes sense since dragons are usually armorless In fantasy anyway.

So having the option to fight in visage form gets rid of that issue.

I'm fine with the restriction, but not fine with the reskin models. It's not an Allied Race, it's a full on new race, it's a core feature to the new expansion and should have been treated uniquely. Kul Tirans are more of a unique race in terms that they are entirely made from the ground up, instead of this Worgen/belf/human reskin. Also the dragon model is comically skinny (female Worgen without the breast).

I do hope they are not done with it and we will see it in much better shape prior to launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I'm fine with the restriction, but not fine with the reskin models. It's not an Allied Race, it's a full on new race, it's a core feature to the new expansion and should have been treated uniquely. Kul Tirans are more of a unique race in terms that they are entirely made from the ground up, instead of this Worgen/belf/human reskin. Also the dragon model is comically skinny (female Worgen without the breast).

I do hope they are not done with it and we will see it in much better shape prior to launch.
    I'm pretty sure they do not share the worgen rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayr View Post
    You are the type of person wow listened to in order to get us into this mess of a game we have now, 100%. Forget any sort of rpg aspect of the game and just add all the bells and whistles you want in order to please your needs. Forget the lore and what it means in the game and just add 'cool looking stuff'. This type of behavior is what gets us terrible story telling and a bad environment.
    I mean, any race being a DK is totally possible in lore even without Bolvar/Ebon Knights going "Oh shit, we might need to bolster our forces a little. Time to make DKs. Spare no race." Could be a rogue asshole powerful scourge who was trying and that deathknight broke free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why would you want to use inferior skills when the dragon powers are superior,
    Because i want to, its my choice.
    it makes no sense in any way shape or form to use something lesser than you already have.
    I can use my own draconic strenght to be an amazing Warrior by example

or my hundreds of eyars with magical knoledge to be an amazing mage

they dont need to learn other forms of combat because what they have is superior.
    Thats nonsense, no class is superior of another

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Wouldn’t it make more sense if a dragon with the power of the aspects, the thing they were created for in order to wield, just use those skills for combat?
    No. Because an army or group of people who can only do one thing is at an disadvantage against a group that can do multiple things.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because i want to, its my choice.

I can use my own draconic strenght to be an amazing Warrior by example

or my hundreds of eyars with magical knoledge to be an amazing mage

Thats nonsense, no class is superior of another
    What you want and what you get are two different things, nothing is stronger than magic so measly brute strength means nothing, the evoker is a mage just using dragon magic which is more powerful, there is always classes superior to others that goes for WoW as a game and for lore anyone described as a warrior stands as the weakest. Also how do you know they are strong in melee, maybe the combination could make them pretty weak in combat without magic.

You are not going to get a melee and tank spec for the class, and only a really small chance of them opening the race to other classes but not in the same expansion.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

7+ Year Old Account
    What’s funny is this proves my point dude lol. The point is it doesn’t matter if it makes sense in your head or not for how you think the world should work, the point is that isn’t how it works. That’s how lore works in any book/game/movie/show. The writers tell you this is how something works, so that’s what the facts are.
    so its basically this:

"Can't do it, IT'S THE LORE."

"What lore?"

"You know, the lore we just came up with a week ago."

"So can't you just... change the lore? It's not even released yet."

"No can do. IT'S THE LORE."

I mean if we REALLY want to get into the weeds then how come panda warriors who were tied off from everyone else knows all of the exact same combat styles as the rest of the world with no outside help? They just happened to come up with the exact same fighting style?
    they come up with their own techiniques, like every other race and culture, they use the same for gameplay, isn't rly that hard to grasp that something similar, should have happened to dracthyr as well

It makes more sense than them just luckily coming up with all of the exact same moves everyone else did without ever being in contact with one another.
    You talka bout lore but can't differentiate lore and gameplay, gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    For this expansion it makes sense given the origin of the race and class.

But going forward, since they'll be interacting with the. Mortal.races side by side it only makes sense to have dracthyr want to follow other paths and want to teach their ally's the ways of the evoker too.

Only question is how reliant on dracthyr animations are evokers?
    It wouldn't make sense for a Dracthyr to teach a human how to do a flying breath attack. Since, you know, they don't have wings...

so its basically this:

Un-ironically yes.

Do I really need to explain this lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What you want and what you get are two different things, nothing is stronger than magic so measly brute strength means nothing, the evoker is a mage just using dragon magic which is more powerful, there is always classes superior to others that goes for WoW as a game and for lore anyone described as a warrior stands as the weakest. Also how do you know they are strong in melee, maybe the combination could make them pretty weak in combat without magic.
    So, its basically this:

"Can't do it, IT'S THE LORE."

"What lore?"

"You know, the lore we just came up with a week ago."

"So can't you just... change the lore? It's not even released yet."

"No can do. IT'S THE LORE."

All you people are doing is giving lame excuses of why an individual dracthyr can't do anyt other than what YOU think he should do.

You are not going to get a melee and tank spec for the class, and only a really small chance of them opening the race to other classes but not in the same expansion.
    Im not asking for the class t get a melee or tank spec, so you are arguing for nothing.

Opening the race for other classes is jsut the logical thing to do.

If you on't think it makes sense, don't play with then as other classes, play only as evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    No. Because an army or group of people who can only do one thing is at an disadvantage against a group that can do multiple things.
    That’s not how reality or even fantasy work bud but okay lol

- - - Updated - - -

So, its basically this:

All you people are doing is giving lame excuses of why an individual dracthyr can't do anyt other than what YOU think he should do.

Again, it IS basically that. Without even joking. Why is this such a hard pill to swallow lol

so its basically this:

Um..yes. That's exactly how it works. In any sort of world-building medium, the creator of that world dictates the rules under which it operates. It doesn't have to make sense to you or anyone else, nor does it have to conform to any kind of logic you try to come up with. It doesn't even necessarily need to maintain consistency with other aspects of the world. It is not your world to create, it's theirs and "Because we want it this way" is the only justification they need.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Opening the race for other classes is jsut the logical thing to do.

If you on't think it makes sense, don't play with then as other classes, play only as evoker.
    It makes no sense whatsoever that a race that can use the magic of all the dragons would use anything but, on an isle where its mostly dragons they wouldnt learn anything else, its why the race was made in the first place, also being made to use all the dragons magic could limit them to only using that magic, there is no logic is having a dragonoid class be anything other than a class that uses dragon abilities.

Does is make sense for it to be a warrior but then lose its ability to fly around and breath fire and lose the ability to use the magic it was born with, its a magic race/class. Its time you accept that this will not change, maybe in 5 years when they have been mating with other races and they grow up really fast and lose access to the 5 flights magic.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-25 at 11:47 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Um..yes. That's exactly how it works. In any sort of world-building medium, the creator of that world dictates the rules under which it operates. It doesn't have to make sense to you or anyone else, nor does it have to conform to any kind of logic you try to come up with. It doesn't even necessarily need to maintain consistency with other aspects of the world. It is not your world to create, it's theirs and "Because we want it this way" is the only justification they need.
    I’m getting some serious serious narcissism vibes from that one. Imagine thinking a story needs to change because that’s how YOU believe it should be.

Like go to an art show and walk up to an artist and go “why did you paint this woman in a dress? She should have been in a tank top”

Actually insane behavior

That’s not how reality or even fantasy work bud but okay lol

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it IS basically that. Without even joking. Why is this such a hard pill to swallow lol
    It is exactly how reality and fantasy works, have you ever read a book or went outside? “We have dragon magic for our half human dragon bois we will lob magic at you from a distance mwwwhhaaa. Wait stay over there don’t come closer or we will do something magic. Ow what is with the invisible guys stabbing us, tell them to stop we are dragons!”

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    It is exactly how reality and fantasy works, have you ever read a book or went outside? “We have dragon magic for our half human dragon bois we will lob magic at you from a distance mwwwhhaaa. Wait stay over there don’t come closer or we will do something magic. Ow what is with the invisible guys stabbing us, tell them to stop we are dragons!”
    Why would dragons, who posses abilities to scorch the earth from the sky or to inflict magical attacks from a distance, pick up a sword to fight in hand to hand combat?

Here I’ll make it super simple for you.

Tomorrow you’re going to Ukraine, you’re going to have to fight and you’re on the front lines. You have a choice between using explosives and firearms, or a sword and shield. How many people pick the sword?

Does the army who has swords and shields and artillery win against the army who just has straight up artillery?

If you try to explain that logic I’m going to assume you’re insane

100% fine with it as long as it doesn't become a nonstop thing they for the next expansions to come.