Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I didn't read all 23 pages, but what I want is to see my character's armor, and I don't feel that is an unreasonable stance.
    Exactly, you'd think with the backlash of mechagnomes and looking at FF14 backlash over their races not show hats they wouldn't do this. Especially with worgen and taurun and dranei getting to see their armor and also having claws/tails/animal feet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The majority of players dont like the games lore and such being abused just to satify a small minority, breaking the fundamentals of the games lore is what makes the game worse, all your opinions are bad for the game.
    there is no lore being broken, stop doing a strawman in every comment
    The company doesnt act on what ppl ask for they just do something when they feel they want to so its nothing to do with player feedback. Its not something you can actually prove. The facts are on the multiple things the small minority of players complain about blizzard doesnt do anything because of it.
    Oh, so, when players give feedback, and later blizzard change things based on feedback, is not because feedback, its just because they wanted, pure coincidence

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read all 23 pages, but what I want is to see my character's armor, and I don't feel that is an unreasonable stance.
    You’ll see your armor in visage form, but not in combat form. No different than Druids.

Yep, I get no cloak because awkward wing clipping, and while they can do it, I accept no helm. Absolutely no excuse for chest or legs to not show.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You’ll see your armor in visage form, but not in combat form. No different than Druids.

Druids shapeshift into their beast forms, Dracthyrs main form is their dragon form so it's not really a proper comparison. They're more like Worgens than druids, which can have armor/transmog in both forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I think it's very lazy that the new (reskin) race is restricted to one class and is not able to show your armor/xmog. This is supposed to be an expansion defining feature.

10 years ago we got a brand new race that could play lots of other classes and a brand new class that lots of other races could play.

I feel like we're still regressing here.
    Its not a limitation of technology, but a limitation of fantasy. Though some armor does show

Anyway.. no, I don't really care. It fits the story, so I'm fine with it. I probably would've gone with something else altogether to allow what you're asking for but they have chosen this path and you don't have to expect anything else at this stage. Its too late for feedback to change this particular course of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    Druids shapeshift into their beast forms, Dracthyrs main form is their dragon form so it's not really a proper comparison. They're more like Worgens than druids, which can have armor/transmog in both forms.
    In both cases you have shapeshifting into forms where the weapons and armor vanish. The minute details aren't all that important. As for Worgen, I'm sure many Worgen players would prefer losing their armor and equipped weapons in Worgen form if it meant they could fight like an actual werewolf in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is no lore being broken, stop doing a strawman in every comment

Oh, so, when players give feedback, and later blizzard change things based on feedback, is not because feedback, its just because they wanted, pure coincidence
    There is lore being broken if a dragon race loses thier power to be another class, you are just too ignorant to accept that, there is no other classes in a dragon race they all do what they were born to do.

Feedback changes nothing in WoW, the company already know what they want to do and will implement it when they want, if the company wants to put in player housing its nothing to do with players complaining about it, if they want to open other races and class options its something they have thought of already, you are just ignorant to think otherwise and you are unable to prove your opinion.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I just think the only new caster class they've added since vanilla being restricted to a single race is a mistake, for a variety of reasons. Especially since there's been a lot of discussion revolving around the look of the Dracthyr, and, it's far from all positive. It's not like the Demon Hunter situation. Despite a few people that get grumpy over Elves, a large portion of the player base likes elves. I think a large portion of the player base also likes dragons, but, it's also clear from the reactions of the community that this is not the 'dragon' imagine most have in their head.

From a purely analytical standpoint, this image of a dragon-based thing isn't even in theme with other Dragon and Dragon-like things in the game. I imagine that's where a lot of the push back originates.

I think i need to clarify before diving into this that i have seen a lot of people talk about Dracthyr and Evokers as if they are the exact same thing, which is part of the problem. because what is acceptable restrictions for one may not be acceptable for the other, and i have seen people get into big arguments over this because neither side realized one person was talking about the race and another person was talking about the class.
    So with that I would like to say:

I'm fine with the class restrictions. Not a big issue for me. Hopefully they will open things up more in the future and add some flexibility but i didn't have too big of an issue with demon hunters so im fine with Evoker.

But I am 100% not ok with all these wild race restrictions. its honestly giving me a big red flag that they are trying to sell the Evoker class as a race when it cant seem to do any of the things a race should do. It makes me think "if they are cutting corners here, where else are they cutting corners this xpack?" Right now with the way it is operating they have not shown me anything that has proved to me that this is a proper race.
    its a class that they are trying to sell as both a class and a race for extra brownie points without putting in the work of a new race. If they had been upfront and only introduced it as a class then i would have accepted it but calling it a race is not good.
    What other Race has no ability to tank, thus alienating all the tank players who want to play that race? What other race only has access to one class? what other race in its entirety can only choose between two specs? What other race can't xmog most of their gear? What other race can only wear mail? What other race limits you to rolling only one of that race per server?
    They need to either add a few more classes that the dracthyr can play or admit that it is not a new race, just a fancy class.
    Last edited by SylviaDragon; 2022-05-01 at 12:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is lore being broken if a dragon race loses thier power to be another class, you are just too ignorant to accept that, there is no other classes in a dragon race they all do what they were born to do.
    There is no lore broken if someone want to be other class.

Hell, it would not even be broken they losing their pwoers, losing power is something normal that happens here and there,there is no lore "breaking" on that, there is no lore stating "they can enver lose their power",

Another useless and pointless tentative to explain away the problem.

Feedback changes nothing in WoW, the company already know what they want to do and will implement it when they want.
    proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    So like no dragon guy ever learned to pick up a sword, shout out loud and then run really fast at somebody? like they should be able to be warriors at least
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So like no dragon guy ever learned to pick up a sword, shout out loud and then run really fast at somebody? like they should be able to be warriors at least
    Why do that when you can breath fire and use devastating Dragon magic.... I mean seriously run in with a weapon likely to get yourself killed (ironically happens in Legion) or fry your enemies to cinders before they reach you hmmmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Why do that when you can breath fire and use devastating Dragon magic.... I mean seriously run in with a weapon likely to get yourself killed (ironically happens in Legion) or fry your enemies to cinders before they reach you hmmmmm...
    Yea but they won't be breathing fire and even if they were racials never stopped any other race in the game from picking up a sword. Thats kind of a weak excuse.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alexstraza, Kalecgos, Nozdormu, Wrathion, Neferian, and Chromie never did.

Yea but they won't be breathing fire and even if they were racials never stopped any other race in the game from picking up a sword. Thats kind of a weak excuse.
    They have multiple abilities where you breathe fire. Also if I sent you off to war today and let you choose between a gun or a sword which would you choose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    They have multiple abilities where you breathe fire. Also if I sent you off to war today and let you choose between a gun or a sword which would you choose
    Very true. Add flying on top of it. So if you can fly and breathe fire, why would you wear heavy armor and swing a sword?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Alexstraza, Kalecgos, Nozdormu, Wrathion, Neferian, and Chromie never did.
    You aren't them though. They're actually full fleged dragons and they aren't every dragon ever. Im actually fairly certain that they have actually used swords before but your character won't be on that same power level. It makes zero sense that dracthyr wouldn't also be warriors.
    The hammer comes down:

didnt read thread. not okay with dracthyr. not okay with evoker restriction to dracthyr. not okay with dracthyr single class limit for those who do like their look. dont care about lore reasons. lore is just random stuff blizzard make up. it could be anything. not a reason. evoker should be for other races too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    Yea that comparison is flawed for a number of reasons. If we take it seriously nobody would ever play a melee class and everyone would be hunters. Their are obvious advantages to a melee weapon.

Their is literally no good reason they couldn't be warriors, literally every other race in the game can do it.
    The hammer comes down: