Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It won't pass. It is a joke bill.

The bill would set copyright terms to 28 years (plus a potential renewal of another 28 years) for all works going forward. Except, for the copyrights owned by the Walt Disney Company (the only person in the room with a market capitalization of more than $150 billion). The 28-year term would apply retroactively to Disney, stripping it of intellectual property assets going back to Steamboat Willie.

In the past, legislators have pushed bills that they knew weren’t going to go anywhere, but the level of effort involved has plummeted. Hawley isn’t even trying.
    Probably won't pass, but it speaks to the Republican mindset and their retributive/vindictive legislative policy positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably won't pass, but it speaks to the Republican mindset and their retributive/vindictive legislative policy positions.
    Funny thing is, I think they could get a good chunk of the Democrats on board with drastically reducing copyright terms. That Disney exception is probably unconstitutional, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Funny thing is, I think they could get a good chunk of the Democrats on board with drastically reducing copyright terms. That Disney exception is probably unconstitutional, though.
    Honestly...probably not. See the bill this thread is about : P

It's a common tactic to get around actual laws/limitations. It's like not being able to reject potential jurists due to their race, that's expressly illegal. But finding "other reasons" to reject every Black jurist that's race neutral - even if they're obviously dishonest/bad-faith excuses - is perfectly legal. Sure we all know what's going on, but because a legal team isn't explicitly saying, "I don't want this person because they're Black." we just have to pretend that it's all above board and right.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I read that changing the copy right law would require the US to withdraw from the Berne Convention (The Global Copy Right Treaty). Pretty much all the countries in the world are signatories to the Berne Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I read that changing the copy right law would require the US to withdraw from the Berne Convention (The Global Copy Right Treaty). Pretty much all the countries in the world are signatories to the Berne Convention.
    Ah, I hadn't actually looked into that. Interesting. Still, US copyright limits are currently significantly higher than that; we could easily reduce them to Berne Convention minimums (25 years for photography, 50 years for everything else).

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/16/polit...tis/index.html

Apparently DeSantis wants a state-takeover of the district, now. What's the plan?

DeSantis did not provide details on how the state would assume control of Reedy Creek.
    Oh, so there is still no plan, despite the repeated statements from him and his team that there absolutely is a very real plan that actually exists and is super not fictional. It's just that they can't talk about it and nobody can see it. It's top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently DeSantis wants a state-takeover of the district, now. What's the plan?

It's top secret.
    Yes, but how do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Of course in non-spoof reality, DeSantis didn't tell anyone his plan the same reason Trump, or any other politican (not spy) doesn't: they want credit for the idea but don't actually have a plan yet. Remember Trump's health care plan? Liar, he never put forth one of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, but how do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Of course in non-spoof reality, DeSantis didn't tell anyone his plan the same reason Trump, or any other politican (not spy) doesn't: they want credit for the idea but don't actually have a plan yet. Remember Trump's health care plan? Liar, he never put forth one of his own.
    Not entirely sure Trump didn't completely put for a healthcare plan, I do remember one outlined in his 100 day plan when he swore in. It basically boiled down to the rich are fine while the poor can go die.

Did stuff like set aside tax free savings accounts for people to stash money for healthcare costs which had the side effects of potentially being able to be abused to avoid paying taxes on cash if you can figure out ways of taking it out, potentially funneling it through fake healthcare companies and if you were too broke to put money in a savings account, go die.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Did stuff like set aside tax free savings accounts for people to stash money for healthcare costs
    Yeah, that's called a "bank". Trump didn't propose shit. The only thing he actually did himself in 2018 was killed by SCOTUS in 2019. Congress never voted on anything Trump wrote. And the HRAs you're talking about, a glorified stuffing money under your matress, covered 800,000 Americans. As in "fewer than he killed with COVID".

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's much like Trump's wall. Doesn't matter if it gets built or not or if it'll be effective or not when that happens. What matters is the soundbite that he's against the mean brown immigrants that come to take your jobs and lunch money while the democrats are making sanctuary cities for them to pillage at will. The truth doesn't matter one bit, it's all about the soundbite.

What is in peril are the frogspawn inbred twitter morons, who believe they have a corner on the market on just being perpetually ignoramus and useless, because soon you will be replaced by other frogspawn. It's like has your heartbeat stopped? Hello are you still there? Literally leave Trump out of this, this is all DeSantis battle.
    The way you expand Disney's Self-government is build another disney land or World. But oh well you know the economy is so booming. I love how people like you see both sides of the issue so well and speak as if you can see how the world is and across the void (so weak and absurdly organized.) Yeah they are brown people, actually I prefer to call them Slimy chocolate brown mud people. And usually they
    I mean unless you are suffering from PBA you would want a wall. To have something known as a country. I like it better when Susan Sarandon poses nude, I don't need to hear a Trump as part of the diatribe of everything, everytime some issue or bill is passed. I am not Lolita Lebron enough, or I am too much like Lolita Lebron.
    Really two walls need to be built. One on our border (that one is really obvious unless you have PBS mixed with some frog mutation) and one of the Panama border. You love brown people so much import all of them to your house and have a big party. Pose nude with Susan Sarandon, but don't invite me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByMartinLandau04 View Post
    What is in peril are the frogspawn inbred twitter morons, who believe they have a corner on the market on just being perpetually ignoramus and useless, because soon you will be replaced by other frogspawn. It's like has your heartbeat stopped? Hello are you still there? Literally leave Trump out of this, this is all DeSantis battle.
    The way you expand Disney's Self-government is build another disney land or World. But oh well you know the economy is so booming. I love how people like you see both sides of the issue so well and speak as if you can see how the world is and across the void (so weak and absurdly organized.) Yeah they are brown people, actually I prefer to call them Slimy chocolate brown mud people. And usually they
    I mean unless you are suffering from PBA you would want a wall. To have something known as a country. I like it better when Susan Sarandon poses nude, I don't need to hear a Trump as part of the diatribe of everything, everytime some issue or bill is passed. I am not Lolita Lebron enough, or I am too much like Lolita Lebron.
    Really two walls need to be built. One on our border (that one is really obvious unless you have PBS mixed with some frog mutation) and one of the Panama border. You love brown people so much import all of them to your house and have a big party. Pose nude with Susan Sarandon, but don't invite me.
    Very many words that say very little. Also have you heard the saying 'Less is more'?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Very many words that say very little. Also have you heard the saying 'Less is more'?
    He didnt even manage to finish a sentence before starting another.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He didnt even manage to finish a sentence before starting another.
    Took me like 3 reads before realizing there was quite the spoonful of racism mixed in that word vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by ByMartinLandau04 View Post
    Is this what its like when someone's brain melts in real time?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is this what its like when someone's brain melts in real time?
    Reads like a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Reads like a bot.
    Maybe it is a monkey with a typewriter? They might eventually make a coherent statement.