Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ofc i believe you.

but to me that’s just crazy. always thought US companies are even more strict by that than EU companies.

thx for clarifying!
    Policies about this are likely set company by company. Some more strict than others.

The offensive stuff throughout this thread is that questioners aren't interested enough in creating "gotcha" moments. They are interviewing and writing for their audience, whoever that is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I didn't read that there will be 8 dungeons at launch, I guess I've missed something. Apologies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I didn't read that there will be 8 dungeons at launch, I guess I've missed something. Apologies for that.
    What got you confused is how the dungeons are structured. There are going to be 8 dungeons at launch, however only 4 of those dungeons will be available in the Mythic Plus mode in Season 1. They're doing 4 DF dungeons + 4 old dungeons in the first Mythic Plus season, then the other 4 DF dungeons + 4 more old dungeons in the second Mythic Plus season.

DF itself has 8 dungeons, I'm assuming 4 levelling, 4 max level-only, same as Shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Like others have said, they only respond to questions that they’re happy giving an answer for.

A lot of the questions are common knowledge for anyone that’s been remotely paying attention though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Becasue those "interviews" are arranged. Questions arent spontanious.

Everytime I see an interview with Blizzard that has been posted in Wowhead or here, I always think the same thing: why do they ask banal questions all the time? Since this expansion has been announced, I haven't seen a single question on new allied races, nor a question on how many dungeons are there gonna be, nor if they will add a tank spec for the Evoker in the future...

Blizzard should ask the community and choose the most voted ones, because the people who are interviewing them tend to ask silly questions so many times.
    ngl your questions are in fact are really bad and redundant for a serious interview.

You know the answer they will give on Allied Races, because they answered that already in the past and will just answer the same: "Currently not planned, but we will add some when it makes sense". (they will never self-leak or spoil stuff about that kind of stuff)

Also who gives a shit about Allied Races at this point. Races > Allied Races

About dungeons: 8

Evoker Tanks: "No" (Possibly the dumbest question you could ask them. Might as well ask them if they will make a mage melee spec in the future)

What else are they even supposed to answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I’m glad others are finally noticing this. The answer is quite simple.

1. The interviewers act like journalists, but have zero journalistic knowledge or experience.

2. They’re kiss asses — like Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump. They ask softball questions so they don’t piss anyone off and to guarantee another interview down the road.

I can’t stand video game “journalism”. It’s so weak and almost always a waste of time. It also speaks volumes to the devs that are too pussy to answer actual questions.
    You can't stand this type of journalism because you have no idea what journalism is and what a broad topic that really is. The fact that you mention politics (conflicting an interview with a political debate) and think this is the only real journalism alone proves that.

They pre arrange the topics they want to be interviewed and all they do is then answer the questions. The interviewer and their audience are interested in getting the latest development news and aren't interested in the interviewer being tough on the devs and trying to challenge their opinions (or w/e the fuck you interpret as an interview and journalism).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-04-22 at 08:04 AM.

I feel ya, but the interviewers are asking questions that they feel are good, or at least the best ones that Blizzard approves. I for one would really like to know if we'll be getting a command table in Dragonflight, since it's been a staple to the game since WoD, but we've received no word on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Will reputation questlines come back?
    Not entirely sure what you mean there, but they've mentioned there will be some reputation/renown gated questlines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    The answer to the last question is "because we're Blizzard, we own and design the game, and we wanted draconians".

This isn't rocket science.
    Pretty sure they'd dress it up in a "we went with the race that was most fitting to the new expansion. Since we're going to the dragon isles, the dracthyr really meshed with the themes and add an interesting element to the story." This is what they've done when asked about classes/races in the past (e.g. why demon hunters weren't added earlier, why they added more DK race options, why they selected certain allied races, etc.).

From World of Warcraft this game soon to be going to World of No gives a Crap.

It's kind of ironic that OP is complaining about bad questions and then lists questions we have answers for...
    Kinda answers his own question eh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Everytime I see an interview with Blizzard that has been posted in Wowhead or here, I always think the same thing: why do they ask banal questions all the time? Since this expansion has been announced, I haven't seen a single question on new allied races, nor a question on how many dungeons are there gonna be, nor if they will add a tank spec for the Evoker in the future...

Blizzard should ask the community and choose the most voted ones, because the people who are interviewing them tend to ask silly questions so many times.
    because those are not real interviews only Paid PR stunts - they get questions from blizz do blizz can promote their new product using their social media.

its mostly waste of time listenign to this because blizzzrd has shown over the years that they dont care what playerbase think and they will do whatever Ion as game director orders them to do.

untill Ion is fired wow will never change

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    You think good questions are questions that will be answered with, “We’re always looking into adding <insert fan requested feature here> in the future.”
    Right? Here, let me try answering:
    - We always look for opportunities to add challenging solo content to the game and this is something we often discuss internally, because we know how much players loved the challenges of Mage Tower in the past and how much they enjoy it in the recently added Timewalking form. In fact, we made the effort to bring back Mage Tower back to the game as a popular request of the playerbase, and when the opportunity is right, we will definitely think about creating new solo challenges. But since we would want it to be at least on par with the experiences WoW had to offer in the past, it's not something that can be taken lightly or done haphazardly. But rest assured that challenging solo content is something we always have in our minds.
    - Currently there are none planned for Dragonflight, but we are still early in the development, so you never know. We understand that the current form of reputation acquisition may feel like a relic of the past, so we talk about it a lot internally and try to come up with interesting solutions, and we will surely continue to do so.
    - We have heard the players very well and we always take player requests seriously, as proven by many changes made in Dragonflight by popular player demand, so when the time is right, we will of course consider adding a class or classes that fit the theme of a new expansion. So bear with us and see for yourself what the exciting future brings!

Why would they add a tank spec for Evoker in the future? That would be a weird question to waste time on in your interview, like asking "Hey will Demon Hunters get a healer spec in the future?". As far as dungeons go they've already pretty much confirmed there will be 8 at launch. As for Allied Races I guess it's just not that high up on the list people care about? If you already have your main character and you like your race/class combo, a new allied race would be alt material at best.

10+ Year Old Account

all the questions asked are carefully vetted by blizzard beforehand and nothing that is not approved beforehand is allowed to be asked, so what do you expect?

It is simple.

Blizzard rep gives interview host a list of questions that cannot be asked and a list of questions that are recommended. Interview hosts sticks to the recommended questions or they will never be asked back to do another interview and interview will be cut short.

All this is just PR to promote Dragonflight. Gonna see more and more of useless crap, they want to get people talking about it and sell as many subs as they can, pre orders, etc. IMO this is Blizzard's last money grab before Microsoft acquires them and this will be the worst expansion of them all. <------- screen shot

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Why would they add a tank spec for Evoker in the future? That would be a weird question to waste time on in your interview, like asking "Hey will Demon Hunters get a healer spec in the future?". As far as dungeons go they've already pretty much confirmed there will be 8 at launch. As for Allied Races I guess it's just not that high up on the list people care about? If you already have your main character and you like your race/class combo, a new allied race would be alt material at best.
    A race (and a class) basically created by Neltharion has got no spec related with the black Dragonflight. Therefore, it's not a weird question to ask whatsoever.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

1. no, Allied Races were a BfA feature. they should add races, not allied races
    2. 8, and there will almost certainly be a megadungeon introduced
    3. no.

the reason they aren't asking those questions is because they already know the answers

your questions are just terrible

"new allied races": since blizz hasnt talked about new races, they probably have nothing to say about it at this moment. whats the point of asking if you already know the answer is "we cant talk about it right now"

"how many dungeons are there gonna be": we already now how many dungeons there will be 8. might wanna start reading up on stuff before complaining

"will they add a tank spec for evoker in the future": what kind of question is that? yeah? no? maybe? ... they said evoker will have 2 specs, and they havent even finished those yet. why ask questions when you know the answer is going to be: "not right now, maybe in the future, who knows"

pls never interview someone worth talking to, because your questions are godawful

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    your questions are just terrible

"new allied races": since blizz hasnt talked about new races, they probably have nothing to say about it at this moment. whats the point of asking if you already know the answer is "we cant talk about it right now"

"how many dungeons are there gonna be": we already now how many dungeons there will be 8. might wanna start reading up on stuff before complaining

"will they add a tank spec for evoker in the future": what kind of question is that? yeah? no? maybe? ... they said evoker will have 2 specs, and they havent even finished those yet. why ask questions when you know the answer is going to be: "not right now, maybe in the future, who knows"

pls never interview someone worth talking to, because your questions are godawful
    What a toxic person.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda agree with OP tbh, most questions are just generic and have to be asked. Who cares about motion sickness questions? a thing that was solved couple of years ago.

More cool info always comes later, but ye allied races was also one of my questions.

I mean whats wrong with this: Are there any other potential allies becoming playable down the line? I would be a rebel and add: Not everyone likes dragons. I really don't give a (dragon) flying fuck about dragons for example;p

But hey, it might be good they don't let me
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-22 at 03:34 PM.

I guess interviewers ask questions, where they: 1. suspect to get some answer / some additional info, and 2. are about an allowed topic - in many cases, such interviews are quite heavily curated and a set of topics determined beforehand.

The problem with some of the more direct questions (e.g. about some features and future plans) given in this thread is, that in 99% of cases they will just yield a general response like "Yeah, we discussed that, and it's definitely a possibility for the future...". Which tells the interviewer and the audience nothing, so they tend to avoid such questions. Imagine an interview of just such questions, and in the end you'd be none the wiser. In the other 1%, they're already working on it and decided to release the information in that moment already. Otherwise, they'd just do it a bit later on.

So it's imo not an issue of "bad questions", but "questions that will most likely yield some response or additional information".