Spectator mode and being able to bet on fights

Would you like it to be able to watch battle grounds and arenas and bet on them?

Spectators cant whisper any of the participants in the battle to avoid asking them to throw the game.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Maybe if there were BG tournaments with prize pools to watch, sure. But I wouldn't watch some random BG.

Not really as it would clearly become a nightmare for gold duping with even the most mild of imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Maybe if there were BG tournaments with prize pools to watch, sure. But I wouldn't watch some random BG.
    How about Rbg's or rated arenas? What if it was just like 2x,1.5x times your bet? Maybe there are a limit to each bet. Like 200g max or something like that.

Edit: a prize pool would probably work better.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-04-23 at 10:17 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Would you like it to be able to watch battle grounds and arenas and bet on them?

Spectators cant whisper any of the participants in the battle to avoid asking them to throw the game.
    Spectating, sure, better - nope.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And what would stop people from talking to them to throw fights beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    And what would stop people from talking to them to throw fights beforehand?
    maybe it doesn't tell the spectator who will be fighting or if it does show you can't whisper even before the match begins.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Not like some people would use discord/vent/in-game-voice or something just to throw fights.

maybe it doesn't tell the spectator who will be fighting or if it does show you can't whisper even before the match begins.
    There are like dozens of way to by-pass that...

If anyone could bet on the winner there would be a gold dupe methods.

Betting, not really.

Spectator mode for raids though ... for benches or casters during rwf to not watch 100000 different UIs and no ability to change perspective or look around ... yes please.

IT's called discord. You cannot prevent people from talking beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IT's called discord. You cannot prevent people from talking beforehand.
    I see. Well I guess it couldn't be helped. People can throw the fights now anyways if they really wanted, even without people betting, maybe to give the other team a better rank.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

I see. Well I guess it couldn't be helped. People can throw the fights now anyways if they really wanted, even without people betting, maybe to give the other team a better rank.
    Actually, they already do. It is called win trading.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Actually, they already do. It is called win trading.
    If they can let people get away with that, then they can let people get away with it in betting >.>
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

would never work these days 2 many external forms of communication the game can't control... ok maybe not never but really hard to do.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Gambling in WoW even with gold is such a bad idea, sounds like a good way to destroy the minds of youth by exposing them to the psychological effects of gambling. That being said I think it would be a great addition to the game. Bet on duels, bet on dice rolls, bet on in-game Hearthstone matches, literally enable players to bet on anything.

waaaaaaay to innovative for ATVI Blizz !!!!

did you not read the announcement??? they LIKE more of the same. what you expected? Blizz shall invest money, brain, evolution or ideas? into wow ???? their best and most cost effective „milk the cow“ product??? your spectator mode dont pair well with „milk it milk it milk it“ !!!

and btw: it would cost a raid tier.

sorry, but