Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sword's been taken care of already. It's just rock now. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    what sword?
    Pretty much. What sword?

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibilities on the swords pressence.

The Cult of the Sword, just some mad-nuts worshipping this old titan weapon like its a gift... You cannot have this sword arrive in such a way and not have some drastic effect on people :P

Maybe people will deconstruct it. Thats some old pantheon metal right there, might it contain more power. they can craft strong weapons or something from it. Surely goblins will have some greedy use for it.

Maybe people will form a colony around the sword. The sword become a giant city :P

...there you go Blizzard future content, you are welcome. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...nflight-alpha/

Well, what do you think? It's not like anyone serious should put much attention to the story in the game, but many expcted the sword to be dealt with after returning to Azeroth. Also, no updates in any old world zones most likely. No flying in Eversong woods still
    what do you want them to do with it? destroy it?how??its huge....the ingame size isnt even tehnicaly correct,it should be WAY bigger if you look at the cinematic

i have this crazy theory that one day when we face the stuff the jailor was talking about,sargeras will show up pull the sword out and save our asses illidan 2.0 style

either him or azeroth could use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Honestly don't know why everyone is so obsessed over the sword. It's a cool monument as is. It doesn't need to be addressed immediately, as we've already found out that we absorbed the corruption from it.

And I'd rather removing the sword be a big event rather than a cliff note in the bigger Dragon Isles expansion.
    This pretty much.

They already said that eventually it has some part to play, but this is not an immediate concern at the moment and I'm fine with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Taliesin & Evitel: Will the sword disappear from Silithus?
    Steve Danuser: The sword has a part to play in something to come.
    Ion: Everything is fine, it’s just a splinter.

Apparently the world is healed and the sword causes zero concern thanks to the Titan Watcher who activated the device and I was worried about it since 2017. Now where are we? 2022.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-23 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

Apparently the world is healed and the sword causes zero concern thanks to the Titan Watcher who activated the device and I was worried about it since 2017. Now where are we? 2022.
    But what's happening is what should be done. If somebody has a major object stuck in their body, don't touch it, get medical professionals to examine the situation, and if they decide to leave it there, it stays there.

Since we have neither Titan medical professionals available nor any way to seal the wound, leaving it in place is the best that can be done anyway. That we don't have the means to remove it further solidifies it.

Hollywood is trying to kill you. Don't remove large objects from wounds without professional medical assistance unless the person is certain to die if you don't.

Jesus.... get over the fucking sword. Its just a monument in the ground. Why do people have this stupid fixation with thinking it needs to be 'addressed'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

"Having part to play" does not mean it has to be immediate or even short term in WoW terms.

There are countless major and minor notables that have a part to play, it's the same like that Red Star or Xalatath who clearly will play a part down the road or things like Demon Hunter trainees in Black Temple that took a good decade to play out.

Eventually something will happen with that sword, but that can be like another decade off. It's kind of the same thing as being agitated that Ion's "watch the red star" warning still did not play out few years down the road - it's simply a plot point for the future that will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I ask this whenever someone brings it up, what CAN we do with it? Its a planet sized sword.

We don't have anyone large enough to lift it out, and even if we did, what do we do with it then? And if we destroy it, anything strong enough would no doubt also damage Azeroth.

And besides, the real reason is, Azeroth will wield it herself when she awakens. Why people can't seem to figure that out is beyond me.
    Dunno. Mine it for rare materials? It's literally a massive titan sword, must be made of valuable stuff, Goblins should be all over it.
    Blowing it up and lifting it are not the only options.

Also if Azeroth awakes we're all dead, so that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    We quite literally have no idea whatsoever what would happen in that case.

I think the obsession with this is probably because people can point and say "Looks how shit the writing is, lolmao".
    it's like when you heavily dislike someone and suddenly everything they do is wrong. But in the end it just becomes ridiculous.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    what sword?
    Take my upvote

Dunno. Mine it for rare materials? It's literally a massive titan sword, must be made of valuable stuff, Goblins should be all over it.
    Blowing it up and lifting it are not the only options.

They're still building toward Azeroth awakening, it'll happen and we'll survive.

I mean, hell, look at Argus. Argus was awakened, but Argus as a planet remained. Granted, could be slightly different circumstances but the point remains.

They're still building toward Azeroth awakening, it'll happen and we'll survive.

I mean, hell, look at Argus. Argus was awakened, but Argus as a planet remained. Granted, could be slightly different circumstances but the point remains.
    Argus was hollowed out and cracked open like an egg dropped on the floor. Sure we might survive but eh...

Was Argus awakend? I always thought that this was his infant/dormant state. A real titan (like Sargeras) should be planet sized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm: World Ending Dragon literally tears apart the planet by flying across it. Planet doesn't bleed but is permantly reshaped.
    "Man what a dangerous threat, we have to put him down permantly."
    Legion-BfA: Titan sized blade is plunged into planet literally blows up a zone on the planet, blade is depowered but still causes the planet to literally start cracking and bleed all over while still stuck in it.
    "lol what sword? It's depowered guise! Didn't you hear Magni? Azeroth is healed!"

Yeah it's being hyper ignored because they don't know what to do with it and have duped enough people into forgetting why it was a poblem in the first place and how said problem still isn't solved that they can just handwave it away... again.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Argus was hollowed out and cracked open like an egg dropped on the floor. Sure we might survive but eh...
    The Eredar seemed to have survived at least. I would wager Argus' state is also likely due at least in part to how the Legion was using Argus himself.

Was Argus awakend? I always thought that this was his infant/dormant state. A real titan (like Sargeras) should be planet sized.
    I would assume he was, otherwise he wouldn't have had a physical form. He was the same size as the other titans present, so presumably he could change size too (if he weren't driven mad and used as a power source anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think the obsession with this is probably because people can point and say "Looks how shit the writing is, lolmao".
    it's like when you heavily dislike someone and suddenly everything they do is wrong. But in the end it just becomes ridiculous.
    I also think that way, IMO this bad writing meme is too overused.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Honestly don't know why everyone is so obsessed over the sword. It's a cool monument as is. It doesn't need to be addressed immediately, as we've already found out that we absorbed the corruption from it.

And I'd rather removing the sword be a big event rather than a cliff note in the bigger Dragon Isles expansion.
    This. On top of that. Simply just "removing it" can cause more issues than it solves. Its like being stabbed in real life. If the blade is still in there, theres a good chance you can survive. But if you rip it out without proper care, theres a very good chance of bad things happening.