Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I like how in all of BFA we had Magni yell at us at every corner we make ''DA WOONS!!!! WE MUST HEAL DA WOONDS!!!!'' while the most obvious wound has been that sword all along and we completely ignore it. If Azeroth is really this ''living'' planet then why don't we have all available druids and shamans working on curing the land, similar like how they did in the Wandering Isle when the airship hurted the turtle? It even makes more sense to do so in DF because the Alliance and Horde are back to being buddies so they can work together to heal the thing, and all the big names are back from their vacation in Shadowlands so that the likes of Thrall can help assist.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2022-04-24 at 09:47 PM.

  2. #42
    It's obvious that whenever azeroth decides to emerge she's gonna king Arthur the sword to use as her own.

  3. #43
    It's just a landmark now until a redeemed sargeras returns to claim it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like how in all of BFA we had Magni yell at us at every corner we make ''DA WOONS!!!! WE MUST HEAL DA WOONDS!!!!'' while the most obvious wound has been that sword all along and we completely ignore it. If Azeroth is really this ''living'' planet then why don't we have all available druids and shamans working on curing the land, similar like how they did in the Wandering Isle when the airship hurted the turtle? It even makes more sense to do so in DF because the Alliance and Horde are back to being buddies so they can work together to heal the thing, and all the big names are back from their vacation in Shadowlands so that the likes of Thrall can help assist.
    I guess you never hung around the entrance to the heart chamber? Because the Shamans and Druids are there, trying their best. It doesn't work.

    We didn't do anything about the sword because we couldn't do anything more about it. Leaving it the fuck alone was at that point the most reasonable course of action. Jin's stupid plan on the Wandering Isle nearly killed the turtle.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They already disabled it, what else do you want then to do? Its like they had any pan besides some whacky stuff with giant sword happening, it will be elft there until they think about something, like another big bad using it.

    My bet is far ahead in the future, we bring Sargeras to be our friend, and he take his sword back
    Mine it. Turn it into a massive sky city as they slowing break it down for resources.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Mine it. Turn it into a massive sky city as they slowing break it down for resources.
    do you really think, based on how Gallywix is written, that the goblins didn't try to mine it from the start? We likely have nothing that can cut the sword and no flying ships strong enough to pull it out.

  7. #47
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,515
    I keep reading Azeroth will awaken and pull the sword out... of herself? So she wakes up, pulls the sword out, bleeds out, and the planet dies because that's what is meant to happen when she awakens. There is no way a Titan being born doesn't tear the planet to bits, from a physical standpoint. It's not like she can phase through it. Best case scenario, Azeroth will end up looking like Outland.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I keep reading Azeroth will awaken and pull the sword out... of herself? So she wakes up, pulls the sword out, bleeds out, and the planet dies because that's what is meant to happen when she awakens. There is no way a Titan being born doesn't tear the planet to bits, from a physical standpoint. It's not like she can phase through it. Best case scenario, Azeroth will end up looking like Outland.
    Have you seen the Pantheon? They very much can phase through things.

  9. #49
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,515
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you seen the Pantheon? They very much can phase through things.
    Well yeah, but they have millions of years of knowledge. Can a newborn Titan have the awareness to just phase out of what is essentially her womb? Maybe, they might go that route to get a new Titan and obviously not destroy the center of their entire IP's universe, but it sucks all tension out of a previously described occurrence that's supposed to be literally planet-shattering. In my opinion, Azeroth should never be born within the game's active life cycle. We know it'll happen one day, and when it does, it'll be the end of Azeroth as we know it. Until then, mortals just live. Kind of like humans living knowing one day the Earth will be gone.

  10. #50
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,705
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like how in all of BFA we had Magni yell at us at every corner we make ''DA WOONS!!!! WE MUST HEAL DA WOONDS!!!!'' while the most obvious wound has been that sword all along and we completely ignore it. If Azeroth is really this ''living'' planet then why don't we have all available druids and shamans working on curing the land, similar like how they did in the Wandering Isle when the airship hurted the turtle? It even makes more sense to do so in DF because the Alliance and Horde are back to being buddies so they can work together to heal the thing, and all the big names are back from their vacation in Shadowlands so that the likes of Thrall can help assist.
    Almost All available druids and shamans were healing the wound in BFA you can see them I’m the zone around the wound.

    The only notable force of Druids who weren’t there were the night elfs because they just had a genocide and were rather miffed.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well yeah, but they have millions of years of knowledge. Can a newborn Titan have the awareness to just phase out of what is essentially her womb? Maybe, they might go that route to get a new Titan and obviously not destroy the center of their entire IP's universe, but it sucks all tension out of a previously described occurrence that's supposed to be literally planet-shattering. In my opinion, Azeroth should never be born within the game's active life cycle. We know it'll happen one day, and when it does, it'll be the end of Azeroth as we know it. Until then, mortals just live. Kind of like humans living knowing one day the Earth will be gone.
    Or it could just be an inherent part of their nature. Point is, we can't rule that out. You consider something as certain that isn't.

  12. #52
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,515
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or it could just be an inherent part of their nature. Point is, we can't rule that out. You consider something as certain that isn't.
    Well the birth of a Titan has been described as the death of the planet. If they changed that, it's on the inconsistent or ever-changing lore, not me. I'm just citing what I've read or heard as evidence. This circles back to Blizzard's style writing of ballooning their lore instead of following a coherent narrative path.

  13. #53
    It can be dealt with when that particular story is revisited. ATM there isn't s story to tell there, the story is elsewhere

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well yeah, but they have millions of years of knowledge. Can a newborn Titan have the awareness to just phase out of what is essentially her womb? Maybe, they might go that route to get a new Titan and obviously not destroy the center of their entire IP's universe, but it sucks all tension out of a previously described occurrence that's supposed to be literally planet-shattering. In my opinion, Azeroth should never be born within the game's active life cycle. We know it'll happen one day, and when it does, it'll be the end of Azeroth as we know it. Until then, mortals just live. Kind of like humans living knowing one day the Earth will be gone.
    Described where, if you don't mind me asking? Nowhere I'm looking actually describes the process of a world-soul awakening into a full-fledged Titan, much less it involving the total destruction of the planet in question. The wiki doesn't describe it that way, I'm listening to a read of the first chapter of Chronicles, and it doesn't describe it that way, unless I missed it somewhere or am looking in the wrong place. The only reference to planets with world-souls being utterly destroyed where Titans are involved that I can think of is that one time Sargeras cleaved a corrupted one in half, and that's probably not the correct way that world-souls are supposed to awaken. Where is this "literally planet-shattering" information coming from, if not headcanon?

  15. #55
    Legendary! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    6,213
    I bet when Azeroth wakes up the sword will become hers.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well the birth of a Titan has been described as the death of the planet.
    The birth of a Titan hasn't been described. We literally have no idea what happens.

  17. #57
    As with any of these shit destruction's around the world, I talk to Zidormi, and never look back.

  18. #58
    It should be a daily hub in a content drought with no rewards.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post

    This is the weirdest meme. No one's denying that the sword exists. No one's forgotten about it. It's just not actively related to the current story arcs right now.

  20. #60
    I think the better argument about the frustration with the sword is that the way it played out in-game wasn't very good. Using our Legion artifacts to cleanse the corruption was... well, let's be honest, it was just a way to depower our artifacts canonically, but functionally it didn't make a lick of sense. Fast forward to BfA, the story was so rushed (should've taken at least 2 expansions to let it breathe) that we jump from being extremely worried about the wounds caused by the sword to N'zoth being killed... and then everything's better suddenly. The game narrative gives the impression on a macro level that N'zoth was the source of all the hemorrhaging of Azerite, yet the plot just jumps there quickly with barely any context. Again, the functional aspect of how exactly we healed the wounds in-game makes little to no sense, even with the few tidbits we get.

    I think the most important aspect to take away is that there can be reasonable explanations surrounding the sword... but the game does a terrible job in general of explaining things (if it even does at all concerning some aspects). The story itself has been super rushed for a while now, and there's huge chunks of information that get left out or potentially contradict what was told before. The sword and the details how we "solved" the issues surrounding the sword, despite spanning two expansion, are surprisingly sparse and not focused upon as much as Blizz probably should have. You can have a cool sword monument in Silithus (which I do like), but if your narrative on how you got from the sword being super dangerous to being a monument is weak... well, it's just not satisfying even if you get past all the hand-waving.

    If you want my tin-foil hat theory, the narrative direction of the story is probably not as well thought out in advance as we think it is. Blizz has been heavily relying on cool events with little to no regard as to how they actually impact the narrative itself. When you play fast and loose with your story, it's not surprising that people will likely start seeing more holes in the plot/motivations/etc. and start asking questions. I'll be generous and say the story we've been getting over the past years hasn't been the solely the result of incompetence, but I also imagine that there's been some structural/roadmap changes (such as having to shorten Shadowlands by a patch, since I don't believe for a second that a 9.3 patch wasn't originally planned) causing the story to be changed/abridged late in the development process.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-04-25 at 02:59 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •