Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I vaguely recall a developer "promise" that the remains of Gorribal in Silithus would be an important part of Shadowlands, Does anyone happen to have a source for this on hand by chance? Did some cursory Googling but I can't seem to find when and who said it originally, so I can't confirm if I'm just misremembering something.
    Not sure if it was really a promise or considered an "important part" of the expansion but they did mention during one of the lore interviews during Shadowlands development that the sword wasn't as big a threat as before but it would get addressed in the expansion and I remember people then immediately started speculating everything from the Jailer was going to pull the sword from the planet and wield it in the final raid to Azeroth waking up in the final patch and using it to decapitate the Jailer.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  2. #82
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    38,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Not sure if it was really a promise or considered an "important part" of the expansion but they did mention during one of the lore interviews during Shadowlands development that the sword wasn't as big a threat as before but it would get addressed in the expansion and I remember people then immediately started speculating everything from the Jailer was going to pull the sword from the planet and wield it in the final raid to Azeroth waking up in the final patch and using it to decapitate the Jailer.
    I found it, actually. It was in the 4/10/2020 Shadowlands Lore Interview with Steve Danuser and Taliesin and Evitel. Specifically, Danuser, when asked if the remains of the sword would "disappear from Silithus," replied "[t]he sword has a part to play in something to come" with no real further information. Since this was an interview about Shadowlands lore, it was generally assumed that this "something to come" would be part of the Shadowlands story, although Danuser's answer is open and evasive enough to mean it's just fuel for a future story they plan to tell, somewhere further down the pike.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    What the hell does basic first aid knowledge have to do with a gigantic mystical sword manifested in deep space and embedded into a planet? Clearly Ion is being hyperbolic by saying splinter. No splinter that size in relation to your body would just be sitting there forever and you paid it no mind.

    Anyone with basic knowledge of first aid would realize the person with that splinter would probably die from internal damage before too long.
    Except we didn't "pay it no mind". We spent an entire expansion gathering up her magical blood she was hemorrhaging and feeding it back to her to keep her stable, with the implication that with enough strength she could prevent her internal bleeding and stabilize. Remember the pandaren starting area where the ship was crashed into the turtle and the last ditch plan was to blow the ship out and heal the wound? There is no force on this world that we can wield that would allow us to fix the wound if we removed the sword. The poison in the sword was neutralized almost immediately, the bleeding was stopped, Azeroth is stable. There's nothing more we can do.

    Also even in the real world people live with shrapnel in their bodies for the rest of their lives. You're not going to just magically die from having a foreign object inside you.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  4. #84
    Epic! AngerFork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,606
    Given all that was happening during the last few years, I have to wonder if the long term plan for the story is "Alex did something crazy, we'll come back to that when we have to." It's a decent story hook that could go a few different ways & there's obvious interest in where that story hook might go, so no reason to rush to it if it could play out really well in the future.

  5. #85
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,545
    How do you know?

    We know nothing of Dragonflight so far or about their intentions. Chances are it will be converted into a tree for teh night elf or something like that.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's a fairly major difference between making something stop moving and removing it physically. We generally didn't kill these gods by seizing their body and suplexing it.
    We literally did though lmao. Tractor beamed Sargeras while he was dry humping Azeroth and suplexed his ass in a jail or something.

    Explain to me why they can't do that to some measly sword giving the planet a sliver if they could do it to a literal God???

    Just pull it out and lay it down in silithus if nothing else or pull it out and chuck it into space I mean ffs almost anything would have been a better solution then just leaving it and forgetting about it like it doesn't exist anymore..
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2022-04-25 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    do you really think, based on how Gallywix is written, that the goblins didn't try to mine it from the start? We likely have nothing that can cut the sword and no flying ships strong enough to pull it out.
    They were too busy going for the Azerite since it was easy to grab power. Plus the sword wasn't even deactivated/purified until later. Now its inert so it would be more easy to deal with than before.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    We literally did though lmao. Tractor beamed Sargeras while he was dry humping Azeroth and suplexed his ass in a jail or something.

    Explain to me why they can't do that to some measly sword giving the planet a sliver if they could do it to a literal God???

    Just pull it out and lay it down in silithus if nothing else or pull it out and chuck it into space I mean ffs almost anything would have been a better solution then just leaving it and forgetting about it like it doesn't exist anymore..
    We didn't. The Pantheon did, and they locked themselves up with Sargeras immediately afterwards.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We didn't. The Pantheon did, and they locked themselves up with Sargeras immediately afterwards.
    Ok I say again. They could not have taken the big-ass sword out of the planet? I will also say this again so it's more clear: there were 100 different scenarios Blizz could have done to give true closure to Legion and the sword in the planet, completely leaving it there and ignoring it for several years is objectively the worst decision out of them..

    Why are you so eager to excuse this laziness?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why are you so eager to excuse this laziness?
    Is it really so hard to accept they want to use it later?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ok I say again. They could not have taken the big-ass sword out of the planet?
    No, because they locked themselves up immediately after pulling away Sargeras so as to keep him from causing more trouble.

    Also, because what they did with it is actually sensible behaviour and you need to stop trying to get Azeroth killed already.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Is it really so hard to accept they want to use it later?
    2 expansions later...when?

    And use it for what exactly? Ion just said it's nothing more than a ''sliver'' (aka: insignificant) and doesn't mean anything. Logic would say that he said something like that because they don't have explicit plans for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because they locked themselves up immediately after pulling away Sargeras so as to keep him from causing more trouble.

    Also, because what they did with it is actually sensible behaviour and you need to stop trying to get Azeroth killed already.
    Get Azeroth killed? It's a ''sliver'' and nothing more. Nothing would happen to the planet if/when it gets removed because Ion just admitted to the sword being meaningless and long forgotten about.

  13. #93
    The Lightbringer chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you don't have any means of removing it safely? Yes, it would be sitting there forever. Why do you think people live with shrapnel in their body?

    Maybe actually inform yourself on the topic. Also, please don't tend to anybody with major objects lodged in their body, you'd probably kill them. Faster than the object would, at any rate.
    So, you want to keep moving the goalposts? We've gone from basic first aid to surgical necessity?

    Please, do tell me of a scenario where someone gets stabbed with a sword and is allowed to walk around? And please do tell me how there is a comparison between a piece of shrapnel which is small in relation to the body versus a giant fucking sword? You're busy comparing apples and, well, giant fucking swords.

    Don't rush out to get your own medical degree any time soon.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Get Azeroth killed? It's a ''sliver'' and nothing more. Nothing would happen to the planet if/when it gets removed because Ion just admitted to the sword being meaningless and long forgotten about.
    Well, nothing will happen if it doesn't get removed, so why bother then? This doesn't work for your argument any better than the other option. Also, he said splinter, not sliver.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So, you want to keep moving the goalposts? We've gone from basic first aid to surgical necessity?

    Please, do tell me of a scenario where someone gets stabbed with a sword and is allowed to walk around? And please do tell me how there is a comparison between a piece of shrapnel which is small in relation to the body versus a giant fucking sword? You're busy comparing apples and, well, giant fucking swords.

    Don't rush out to get your own medical degree any time soon.
    It's equally ridiculous to compare a sword to the stomach of a human and a sword stuck in a planet in a fictional world...

    The intent of the writers is clearly that, for now, it's best if we leave it. We've stabilized the situation so it's not threatening.
    it's not exactly rocket surgery.

  16. #96
    Is there a sword in Silithus?

  17. #97
    The end of BFA would have been the ideal time to have dealt with the Sword. They should of had N'zoth using it as a conduit to courrpt the world Soul or something.

    It seems like a massive, literally, unresolved plot point. I doubt it will ever get resolved....

    Edit: My main issue is that the Blade was cleansed of its courrption, great, but it still being there caused Azeroth to bleed all over the planet. We spent BFA closing wounds etc but to my knowledge nothing substantial was done to fix the bleed coming from the sword.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-25 at 07:43 PM.

  18. #98
    Gotta love the arguments in defense of Blizzard here. From failed comparison to shrapnel which is 1. small and 2. completely enveloped by the body as opposed to a gigantic sword sticking out from what still is an open wound to "it will be dealt with when that story is revisited" excuse, which doesn't address how an approach where something is an issue only when the story focuses on a given area is completely artificial, because from the perspective of proper world building things don't just get frozen in time in some lore void just because they aren't the center of attention.

  19. #99
    A complete non-issue getting turned into a senseless argument, it is time to agree to disagree and walk away from this thread.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Why would they focus on an old zone in a new expansion? Until we get a world revamp expansion they aren't going to deal with it.
    Uldum, vale of eternal blossoms, silithus in bfa, arathi highlands etc.

    yea why would they focus on old zones in a new expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •