Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's only a green sword at best. It probably couldn't be sold for more than 200g on the AH. Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh yeah the sword caused a wound that could only be healed at the end of the expansion by sacrificing all of our borrowed powers from said expansion, that sure is convenient isn't it? haha.
    Last i looked, i still have the Heart and it still works on Azeroth.

Besides, that the story isn't terribly well-written doesn't change that the sword is of major importance to it, so your arguments are moot. Whether the Jailer incited Sargeras to employ it is also irrelevant here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    This is the weirdest meme. No one's denying that the sword exists. No one's forgotten about it. It's just not actively related to the current story arcs right now.
    My dude, you seriously trying to deconstruct and explain a meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    My dude, you seriously trying to deconstruct and explain a meme?
    I think the problem is more that the meme makes no sense in this context. The situation has to be at least somewhat similar for it to work.

"Sargeras's sword in Silithus is just a big splinter at this point."

Stated by Ion, anyone else feel like Regular Satan's last ditch effort to complete his plan ending up as a wet fart is just another slap in terms of build up?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a thread discussing this, why make a new one that will also go no where?

we should be extracting the metal used in his sword to make mini versions to use for ourselves. expect this to be the next artifact weapon post dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggun View Post
    Stated by Ion, anyone else feel like Regular Satan's last ditch effort to complete his plan ending up as a wet fart is just another slap in terms of build up?
    So we spend two expansions worth of power buildup(Legions Artifact weapon de-powering, then basically every second quest from BFA being about healing the damage) just dealing with the fallout from the stab, and you consider that a wet fart?

odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

It was the legion artifacts that were sacrificed for their powers, not the heart of Azeroth silly boy. The jailer being behind everything isn't irrelevant since it clearly makes your precious sword completely obsolete lol. The sword could have never existed at all and what would have really changed?

Yeah exactly lol
    I don't think you're quite keeping up with the discussion. The sword was drained by sacrificing the Legion Artifacts. The wound was only healed through the use of the Heart over the course of BfA. You thus claimed we gave up the Heart, not the Legion Artifacts, since you were referring to the wound, not the sword.

Good thing WoW isn't Shakespeare, as it doesn't appear you'd be able to follow the story then. You're doing fairly poorly even with the saturday morning story we got.

Oh yeah the sword caused a wound that could only be healed at the end of the expansion by sacrificing all of our borrowed powers from said expansion, that sure is convenient isn't it? haha.

Not that wow has ever been Shakespeare, but the whole thing is just beyond ridiculous man and one needs to ignore a lot of obvious and glaring flaws to try and enjoy such story telling
    The wound wasn't healed by the artifacts. The corruption the swords was creating was stopped by them. We healed the wound rounding up azerite. You asked "My 'argument' is that the whole situation itself is just dumb to begin with, which it is. Why even introduce this big ass sword at the finale of an expansion if it literally meant nothing ever?" and I am pointing out that it meant a lot in the following expansion. It was the thing that made N'zoth being freed possible, without it we never would have freed him because we would have never had the heart.

That's what I was referring to. And are you saying we would not have fought N'zoth in Bfa if the sword never happened? Because I very much doubt that. They would have come up with any other excuse for him being back because it doesn't matter.
    You were just told the exact chain of events that led to that, starting with the sword. No, we wouldn't have fought him otherwise, because he wouldn't have been freed in the first place. The sword was a necessary step in the chain of events that led to that.

Whether this was the Jailer's plan or the Void Lords or anybody elses is completely irrelevant to that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...nflight-alpha/

Well, what do you think? It's not like anyone serious should put much attention to the story in the game, but many expcted the sword to be dealt with after returning to Azeroth. Also, no updates in any old world zones most likely. No flying in Eversong woods still
    That's not what "ignored" means though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Just gonna C&P the same post I made on WoWhead.

I don't understand the fascination or the continued griping about the sword.

The world blew up during the sundering, leaving a massive hole in the middle of the world that is now a massive swirling vortex that leads into the elemental plane of Deepholme. And azeroth did just fine.

... and people are worried about a stab wound? Come on, guys...