Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Silithus Sword ignored in Dragonflight

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...nflight-alpha/

Well, what do you think? It's not like anyone serious should put much attention to the story in the game, but many expcted the sword to be dealt with after returning to Azeroth. Also, no updates in any old world zones most likely. No flying in Eversong woods still

"We used our artifacts to drain the corruption from the sword in 2018. Everything is fine. It's just a big splinter. But no, this is a story that really focuses on the new continent of the Dragon Isles. As always, there are going to be some stories that touch Stormwind, Orgrimmar, or other major parts of Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. But we're not updating or doing significant new stuff in the old zones. It's really about the Dragon Isles."

Ion Hazzikostas

10+ Year Old Account
    what sword?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Just accept they wanted to explode a zone for shock value and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...nflight-alpha/

Well, what do you think? It's not like anyone serious should put much attention to the story in the game, but many expcted the sword to be dealt with after returning to Azeroth. Also, no updates in any old world zones most likely. No flying in Eversong woods still
    I don't get why people are so obsessed with it. Yes, it's there. But its dormant and hasn't been doing anything of note since the end of Legion, so why should we give a damn about it?

It doesn't need to be "dealt with". It already was. There's nothing left for us to do about it, or even anything we could do about it.

Why would they focus on an old zone in a new expansion? Until we get a world revamp expansion they aren't going to deal with it.

I have a hard time understanding why people are obsessed with this. Draining the sword means it's not an imminent threat anymore. Could just be a nice monument to make Silithus more interesting. Stuff grows around it and it gets more and more weathered... until Sargeras comes back for it in 11.0 and finishes the job.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't get why people are so obsessed with it. Yes, it's there. But its dormant and hasn't been doing anything of note since the end of Legion, so why should we give a damn about it?
    Because people are annoyed that Blizzard is doing 2-6 year story arcs, but they have to move on.

Yea, i don't it. I wish they had something with it.. sadly... we might have to wait for the Void expansion to see what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I have a hard time understanding why people are obsessed with this. Draining the sword means it's not an imminent threat anymore. Could just be a nice monument to make Silithus more interesting. Stuff grows around it and it gets more and more weathered... until Sargeras comes back for it in 11.0 and finishes the job.
    Same... It's stabilized, it's done. It's a weird fetish people have with this sword.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The sword was already dealt with we cleared the corruption and stabilizer the wound. There’s no way to remove it without re opening the wound and putting Azeroth in a worse state then the start of BFA.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I ask this whenever someone brings it up, what CAN we do with it? Its a planet sized sword.

We don't have anyone large enough to lift it out, and even if we did, what do we do with it then? And if we destroy it, anything strong enough would no doubt also damage Azeroth.

And besides, the real reason is, Azeroth will wield it herself when she awakens. Why people can't seem to figure that out is beyond me.

7+ Year Old Account
    They already disabled it, what else do you want then to do? Its like they had any pan besides some whacky stuff with giant sword happening, it will be elft there until they think about something, like another big bad using it.

My bet is far ahead in the future, we bring Sargeras to be our friend, and he take his sword back

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I ask this whenever someone brings it up, what CAN we do with it? Its a planet sized sword.

We don't have anyone large enough to lift it out, and even if we did, what do we do with it then? And if we destroy it, anything strong enough would no doubt also damage Azeroth.

And besides, the real reason is, Azeroth will wield it herself when she awakens. Why people can't seem to figure that out is beyond me.
    Just pulling it out would likely reopen the would enough to be dangerous.

If you have somebody with a deep wound with a sharp object inside it, leave it there until you can get them to a surgeon, then let them handle the situation. It's probably the only thing keeping the wound closed enough to prevent the person from bleeding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

We don't have anyone large enough to lift it out, and even if we did, what do we do with it then?
    Use it as a support for a new world tree or something

Why can't something exist as a monument to something cool that happened in the past? The only thing I can hope for is that it stays, but we developed stuff around it. Like having the goblins and gnomes build a co-op city scaffolded to the side of the sword, a massive vertical city. Or cleanses Silithus, or the area around the sword in the same way desolace was cleansed.

I think people overblow how deadly the sword is.

Azeroth isn't a body, it's a planet. The Titans, Dwarves, Nerubians and others have all dug out massive holes and built cities under the Azeroth's crust and she's been fine. At the end of the day, now that the Sword isn't actively leaking corruption and we fixed many of the wounds in BFA, it's just a big piece of metal sticking out of the shell around the world soul. it's not like a human walking around with a knife sticking out of their chest.

It's fairly well supported that the problem was the shock to Azeroth's system that caused the danger, and we've addressed that. It'd be nice if they said it in-game, but "the world is healing" should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    what sword?
    Yeah, what is this about?

If you destroy / remove a sword of that size you're going to open up a huge wound and the last thing I need is Magni chasing me down to heal Azeroth for a while.

Honestly don't know why everyone is so obsessed over the sword. It's a cool monument as is. It doesn't need to be addressed immediately, as we've already found out that we absorbed the corruption from it.

And I'd rather removing the sword be a big event rather than a cliff note in the bigger Dragon Isles expansion.