Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from doing exactly that. You can keep fighting useless mobs that does nothing but slowing you down while i fly over and get my shit done in a timely maner.

    Flying is a convenience added that make me able to cut down on useless travel time, through shitty terrain and mobs slowing you down for no reason. It makes me able to actually enjoy the game and play it in the limited playsessions i currently have instead of wasting my time getting from A to B
    Have you ever stopped and listened to how stupid arguments like this are?
    Pretty much every living species is inclined to take the path of least resistance to achieve their goals. You might go for a nice stroll in the woods or a walk in the park, or walk to work in order to combine exercise and travel, but if you need to get anywhere quickly everyone will get in a car or on a bus, train or plane as long as the possibility exists.

    No matter how many times you say that "you can stick to the ground if you prefer" or "dragonriding is still an alternative", in the long run everyone will default to flying by simple human nature so long as it is available. Sheesh, it's really not that difficult to figure out.

  2. #202
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Cataclysm had flying at the actual start as well, not just at close to max level like TBC and Wrath. Care to explain?
    legion didn't have flying, in fact legion (which is considered best modern exp) had flying for only ~ 8 weeks in relevant content (around 6-8 weeks after 7.2 launch up to 7.3 where flying was useless)
    not to mention thanks to WoD,BFA,SL, cata is no longer a bad exp, not even in worst 3 -.-
    and they are giving us glide, something that exist since at least WoD (u can count from classic with some class spells)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    because its essentially spending 1/3 of play time alt tabbed
    That didn’t even remotely come close to answering my question

  4. #204
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,483
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    legion didn't have flying, in fact legion (which is considered best modern exp) had flying for only ~ 8 weeks in relevant content (around 6-8 weeks after 7.2 launch up to 7.3 where flying was useless)
    Literally you:

    TBC, Wrath and MoP had flying from the start, they are amazing expansions, Legion is the only expansion that is good that didn't have it from the start
    Implies that those expansions being good has something to do with flying. Which is absolutely, fucking, bullshit.

    Bring up that Cataclysm had flying from the start and suddenly the implication isn't there? And that Legion being good without flying from the start is something that should just be handwaved? Funny that, isn't it?

    Almost as if an expansion being good or bad is nothing to do with flying, so stop bringing this shit argument up maybe?

    You want to swim through the air, ignoring all physics just so that you are able to go afk or alt tab while travelling. Use a flight path and stop whining about them removing no-clip movement.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2022-05-09 at 01:02 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  5. #205
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    legion didn't have flying, in fact legion (which is considered best modern exp) had flying for only ~ 8 weeks in relevant content (around 6-8 weeks after 7.2 launch up to 7.3 where flying was useless)
    not to mention thanks to WoD,BFA,SL, cata is no longer a bad exp, not even in worst 3 -.-
    and they are giving us glide, something that exist since at least WoD (u can count from classic with some class spells)
    Honestly I see flight opening as time to level alts so it stays relevant for a decent amount of time for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    You don't want agency, you just want to be able not to interact with the game. Blizzard is offering offering a more involved style of flying but you don't want that, do you?



    Fucking TBC man, ruined the game so hard, devs are still trying to fix the damage 20 years later. And this goes not only for flying, but for all of the stupid shit they added back then without thinking for a second about the long term implications.
    The thing is, TBC flying worked different. Flying was used at max level to access three sub zones all of which were designed with it in mind. You need an epic mount to dodge all the canon fire in Blade's Edge Mountain, Kaliri Owls seemed able to aggro you from a crazy distance up in Skettis and dismounted everyone with ease and any number of elite flyers could give you a merry chase over Netherstorm. Fly over an enemy faction base and soon you'd be shot down or driven off by patrols.

    The problem is that Blizzard then kept flying but stopped actually accounting for it in zone design.

  6. #206
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Implies that those expansions being good has something to do with flying. Which is absolutely, fucking, bullshit.
    yes it did, because while Legion is good, it is nowhere as good as the other 3, so even best non flying exp isn't as good as exp with flying
    and worst flying exp (cata) isn't even close to be bad as worst no flying exp (WoD/BFA/SL)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Players skip it on the ground it just takes longer, there was nothing wrong with when you could unlock it once you got to max level, the open world doesnt have much meaning to many players so its best to get the tedius daily things done as fast as possible.
    OF course there is no problem for you when it is handed to you for no effort. And there was something majorly wrong with that in allowing players to skip over content day 1. The only ones who think there was nothing wrong were the lazy and entitled. God forbid you actually have to play the game and not be allowed to skip 98% of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, TBC flying worked different. Flying was used at max level to access three sub zones all of which were designed with it in mind. You need an epic mount to dodge all the canon fire in Blade's Edge Mountain, Kaliri Owls seemed able to aggro you from a crazy distance up in Skettis and dismounted everyone with ease and any number of elite flyers could give you a merry chase over Netherstorm. Fly over an enemy faction base and soon you'd be shot down or driven off by patrols.
    This wasn't even remotely the case. All people did was get up in the air as high as they could and NONE of that would bother you. That is the reason they never did it in future expansions.That was easily avoidable.

  8. #208
    Oh look, this again. How original.

  9. #209
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

    This wasn't even remotely the case. All people did was get up in the air as high as they could and NONE of that would bother you. That is the reason they never did it in future expansions.That was easily avoidable.
    ? You needed to fly in the trees to achieve any of the daily objectives in Skettis. Otherwise you might as well approach on ground; the point was to dodge the owls and land on the tree platforms so you did not have to go through all those mobs. Same with Blade's Edge, you did eventually have to land in the demon controlled areas. In Netherstorm it was easier to avoid the elite patrols; there they were more like the Fel Reaver; things to keep in mind and get away from. And ofc you would fly high over enemy bases but that meant it was harder to just fly down and kill their quest NPCs.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3 of best exp in wow history (TBC/wrath/MoP) had flying since start, only exp that is good with no fly at start is Legion and even that exp is still lower imo than both tbc/wrath and at most equal to MoP (which had best class design ever in wow history - talents)
    i don't understand why the f8ck they cripple flying and not build around?
    Cata had flying at the start too. In fact it was the only xpac where you didn't even need level cap. Log in on launch day, go to flying trainer for the license if you were 60+, boom, you're flying.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  11. #211
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Cata had flying at the start too. In fact it was the only xpac where you didn't even need level cap. Log in on launch day, go to flying trainer for the license if you were 60+, boom, you're flying.
    already answered that just a little up this page?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ? You needed to fly in the trees to achieve any of the daily objectives in Skettis. Otherwise you might as well approach on ground; the point was to dodge the owls and land on the tree platforms so you did not have to go through all those mobs. Same with Blade's Edge, you did eventually have to land in the demon controlled areas. In Netherstorm it was easier to avoid the elite patrols; there they were more like the Fel Reaver; things to keep in mind and get away from. And ofc you would fly high over enemy bases but that meant it was harder to just fly down and kill their quest NPCs.
    Everyone who was smart flew a ton higher than that. Everything was easily avoidable. That is why they never did stuff like that gain. They even admitted as much.

  13. #213
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Buchanan View Post
    Every expansion in World of Warcraft eventually adds the possibility to fly in the new zones—and Shadowlands is no exception to that rule. In the last patch Flying horses were created by Blizzard to make it simpler to move across the globe, complete daily quests, and reach a dungeon or raid. In the current expansion, there are 16 flying mounts available, four for each Covenant, and each one has its own set of criteria. However, you'll require flying to utilize them, which is obtained through a Covenant mission at Renown 44. After you've finished it, you may farm the Shadowlands mounts and enjoy your progress. Three horses are gained in the same method for each Covenant, while one is obtained through various events or by defeating uncommon creatures across the globe.
    What's a flying horse? Whatever you smoked, it looks fun, give me some of that!

    PS: Shadowlands added more than 16 flying mounts.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

    We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    There is no choice if you think about it. Allowing it means no more ground mounts. You gimp yourself if you do and no one except few rpers do it for fun. But hopping from quest to delivery etc is just to common to ignore that.

    The only good solution is to activate flying( to experience it they want you to experience it) when ever you finnished the main campaign or what ever. But I assume df will be different.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There is no choice if you think about it. Allowing it means no more ground mounts. You gimp yourself if you do and no one except few rpers do it for fun. But hopping from quest to delivery etc is just to common to ignore that.

    The only good solution is to activate flying( to experience it they want you to experience it) when ever you finnished the main campaign or what ever. But I assume df will be different.
    I'm in the make flight risky camp by putting in hazards to keep players from helicopter questing so easily and then slowly making certain areas safer as time goes on. Have spots in areas dangerous at all flight levels to discourage AFK flying across the map. That is what flight masters are for.

  16. #216
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    -snip-
    Just change description, "Mounts that able to fly in old content zones".


    And make rule : first 6 months since addition of new zone flying OFF. /s
    Hulk x She-hulk = Hulk-kids, Disney just image how easy to sell small Hulk-kids toys, just DO-IT /s

  17. #217
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That is such a passive aggressive post.
    I love the Jekyll posts, they are so passive aggressive. His one after WoD's reveal was like "Which race will get the most story in WoD? They are all fun and unique, some even playable!" then every option was "Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •