Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think if they make Dragon Riding altogether quicker (and more engaging) that'd still do the job of making that look appealing alongside classic flying.

Personally.
    IMHO, the best way to make them co-exist is probably somthing along the lines you suggested or making when you reach the maximum level on dragon riding you unlock flying. Which does make sense but we still need to play dragon riding. It might be a dud honestly, and if it is, well, fuck.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

If they add Dragon Riding in other zones in 11.0 (assuming it's actually good) then that's all I'm ever using (alongside actual ground mounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think if they make Dragon Riding altogether quicker (and more engaging) that'd still do the job of making that look appealing alongside classic flying.

Personally.
    I think that will also lead to a lot more crying because there wouldn't be an even playing field.
    I agree on that making dragonriding faster than regular flying is a good way to offset the convenience... i think it would lead to lots of complaints such as "Blizzard is forcing me to dragonride because of speed" etc etc. People will complain regardless of what Blizzard does, so you have to think of what would cause less complaints overall and which ones that would blow over quickly...

No one can predict that with certainty though... which is the tricky part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they add Dragon Riding in other zones in 11.0 (assuming it's actually good) then that's all I'm ever using (alongside actual ground mounts).
    I wish they would add something similar to ground mounts. Kind of how Monster Hunter Rise do with their palicos.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Oh i am so locking forward for the CONSTANT bitching of theflying-extremist in the next year...

we finally get something that kinda includes both sides of the argument and in the end only the pro flying crowd.
    An immersive way to fly and flying actually be usefull in the game ohter than being a mincraft creative mode hovering.
    And in the end. You get basically better flying while normal flying is still there. Completly. Nothign removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    nah thats being stuck in the past bs. Flying should evolve and the dragonflight version i think would be great especially if added to ALL flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Oh i am so locking forward for the CONSTANT bitching of theflying-extremist in the next year...

we finally get something that kinda includes both sides of the argument and in the end only the pro flying crowd.
    An immersive way to fly and flying actually be usefull in the game ohter than being a mincraft creative mode hovering.
    And in the end. You get basically better flying while normal flying is still there. Completly. Nothign removed.
    Well, nothing removed except the ability to fly in new content on any mount that isn't one of the four drakes that are integrated in the system.

It's not about self-control. I'd just like to see WoW being a game where flying doesn't exist. Yes, that includes no one else being able to fly.

And please, spare me the "you're selfish" talk. I'm discussing a game and the way I'd prefer it to be, not real life situations.
    Because selfishness only applies to IRL situations. yea.......anyways.

You're advocating the removal of a core mechanic, whereas everyone else is advocating you controlling yourself and playing the way you *want* to play. The only reason flight and no flight can't co-exist in the game is because of YOUR side of the equation.

But you want the rest of us to enjoy the game YOUR way, rather than YOU enjoying it YOUR way. So in essence selfishly forcing your view onto us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ.

Atleast try Dragonriding
    you meant dragongliding ?

because thats how it will be called by players

i personaly honestly cannot wait for this failure to happen . if this fail during alfa abd beta wont wake them up nothing will and there is no hope for wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I agree with you here. But I suppose there is only so much they can do it at once.
    what they can do is to stop trying to reinvent wheel

it never worked for them even once

it wont work now - the backlash will be catastrophic. dragon themed xpansion and people cannot fly only glide. like lol .

i get it that they hate flying but majority of playerbase loves and and dont want to play game without it.

they tried to remove it every single expansion since wod and they failed each single time

why they fight those lost battles is baffling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Because selfishness only applies to IRL situations. yea.......anyways.

You're advocating the removal of a core mechanic, whereas everyone else is advocating you controlling yourself and playing the way you *want* to play. The only reason flight and no flight can't co-exist in the game is because of YOUR side of the equation.

But you want the rest of us to enjoy the game YOUR way, rather than YOU enjoying it YOUR way. So in essence selfishly forcing your view onto us.
    I am simply stating how I wish the game was. You can keep acting like a victim if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    nah thats being stuck in the past bs. Flying should evolve and the dragonflight version i think would be great especially if added to ALL flying mounts
    I agree with this, and like GW2, they should also give different mechanics to different mounts.
    Any engineering mounts or (Love)Rockets should at the very least have a BOOST option.
    If this is succesful they already have 4 models available for Dragon Riding: Drake Model, Proto-Drake Model, Wyvern Model, Pterrodax Model.
    If they can reverse engineer this onto other mounts it would be cool. I would love to actually use GW2 like flight mechanics on say; my Netherdrakes.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...
    I will never understand people who can do the same world quests and dailies over and over, walking the same path and not getting bored... so fun...

It's an mmo my friend, it's not a one time story. Repeatable content. Same area. Over and over. If this is fun to you, or "immersive" you must have a very very high bar of tolerance to dulness and tedium.

Either that or you don't actually need any type of mount because you never really go anywhere more than a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you meant dragongliding ?

because thats how it will be called by players

i personaly honestly cannot wait for this failure to happen . if this fail during alfa abd beta wont wake them up nothing will and there is no hope for wow .
    Interactive flying looks like it'll be fun.

I agree. They should drop this dragon riding dog crap and also remove flying from the game with the exception of flight masters in town for travel. Then they can re name all the flying mounts to ground mounts, which should of been this way from the beginning, blizzard knows one of the biggest mistakes they ever made was introducing flying in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I agree. They should drop this dragon riding dog crap and also remove flying from the game with the exception of flight masters in town for travel. Then they can re name all the flying mounts to ground mounts, which should of been this way from the beginning, blizzard knows one of the biggest mistakes they ever made was introducing flying in BC.
    Flying was never an issue until the Devs went psycho over the backlash of how WoD without flying was received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I agree with this, and like GW2, they should also give different mechanics to different mounts.
    Any engineering mounts or (Love)Rockets should at the very least have a BOOST option.
    If this is succesful they already have 4 models available for Dragon Riding: Drake Model, Proto-Drake Model, Wyvern Model, Pterrodax Model.
    If they can reverse engineer this onto other mounts it would be cool. I would love to actually use GW2 like flight mechanics on say; my Netherdrakes.
    i 100% agree!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    And I'll never understand the anti-flying mindset, since flying has been part of this since 2007.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    What if i am on a dragon but not on one of the new dragons? I have like 30 dragon mounts.
    I think that's the part they want us to handwave away and just go with it lol. I agree though, what can a dragon isles protodrake do that my TLPD can't?

Though honestly that may not be an issue for long. Looks like they modeled these drake's off existing mount rigs so some sort of mount transmog for this particular feature may be a thing, especially if dragon riding carries to the next expac.

I am simply stating how I wish the game was. You can keep acting like a victim if you want.
    While failing to see that if that's how you wish the game was, then it very much is a reality that is possible.

I'm merely pointing out that both things can co-exist. That it is your side of the aisle, if you will, that refuses to play the game in the manner you are outlining despite being fully capable of doing so right this second.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Interactive flying looks like it'll be fun.
    gliding. dont call gliding flying

gliding is gliding no matter how interactive it would be.

also i have 0 faith with them making it really interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    gliding. dont call gliding flying

gliding is gliding no matter how interactive it would be.

also i have 0 faith with them making it really interactive.
    Guess we better get people on revising all those biology and zoology textbooks, since what birds, bugs, and all that jazz do is actually just gliding.

That'll teach those grackles for getting fatigued while gliding and perching in my trees all the time.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai