Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again who is pro-ground? You can fly in the next expansion... You arnt stuck on the ground.
    Th person I initially responded to certainly seems to be. Read.

It would appear that someone is rather salty over this topic. Somehow I knew, as soon as I saw the thread title, that it would be you who made it, after your ranting in that other thread. By your logic, I should be able to just have the best gear mailed to me because I have no interest in that content, but no worries, people who want to grind for it can still do that too, so no problem. Flying is one of the worst mistakes they ever made with this game, and they have been trying to find ways to fix it without enraging the lazy and entitled, so dragon riding is their new test compromise. Chill and let it play out, it is way too early and details way too scarce to throw a tantrum yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Are you anti-posting too now?

Someone who has been following me on every thread I'm on was mad I told him to chill down. Was worth it lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It would appear that someone is rather salty over this topic. Somehow I knew, as soon as I saw the thread title, that it would be you who made it, after your ranting in that other thread. By your logic, I should be able to just have the best gear mailed to me because I have no interest in that content, but no worries, people who want to grind for it can still do that too, so no problem. Flying is one of the worst mistakes they ever made with this game, and they have been trying to find ways to fix it without enraging the lazy and entitled, so dragon riding is their new test compromise. Chill and let it play out, it is way too early and details way too scarce to throw a tantrum yet.
    You need to calm down. Flying was always something players can do prior to wod, which was one of the worst expansions ever. Flying should not be something earned but given. Imagine the horror as a new players reaching 35, getting a quest tolearn flying, only to be grounded in BFA because they are locked into it. Imagine their confusion and frustration would b.

And imagine as an old player, reaching max level, and you are so done with the zone, but yet you still have to go through loops just to finish your dailies and wqs. Flying makes the outdoor zone better. It let's you explore, feel immerse and just soak in the experience better. If it doesn't, than anti flyers would not be so hypocritical to use flying anyway.

If you care about flying so much, try a flight simulator. It really feels like when you take flying out of the game some people have nothing left to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    In lieu with dragonriding and the full immersion gravity, physics and momentum of WOW and for not trivializing combat by skipping trash mobs before killing the quest targets, some of the current mount I deem as inappropriate with Blizzard's latest innovative idea of how players should play and enjoy the games. I present you some new names for the current ones, be prepared for its momentous physics!

[Armored Bloodwing] now named [Armored Bloodfeet]
    [Flying Carpet] now named [Mud Rug]
    [Magnificent Flying Carpet] now named [Magnificent Area Rug]
    [Frosty Flying Carpet] now named [Frosty Floor Runner ]
    [Iron Skyreaver] now named [Iron Landreaver]
    [Reins of the Azure Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Ruby Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering August Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking August Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Cobalt Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Malevolent Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Tyrannical Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Grievous Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Prideful Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Prideful Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Rocky Dust Serpent]
    [Disc of the Red Flying Cloud] now named [Disc of the Red Running Dust]
    [Reins of the Drake of the East Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the East Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the North Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the North Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the West Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the West Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the South Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the South Ground]
    [Heart of the [Nightwing] now named [Heart of the [Nightclaw]
    [Sky Golem] now named [Ground Golem]
    [Flying Machine] now named [Carnival Ride Machine] or just [Machine]
    [Turbo-Charged Flying Machine] now named [Turbo-Charged Treadmill]
    [Celestial Steed ]now named [You-Thought-This-Dropped-From-Algalon-Didntya? Steed]
    [Jade Pandaren Kite String] now named [Jade Pandaren Origami String]
    [Pandaren Kite String] now named [Pandaren Origami String]
    [Reins of the Onyx Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Onyx Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Azure Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Azure Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Veridian Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Veridian Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Purple Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Purple Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Violet Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Violet Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Cobalt Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Cobalt Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake] now named [Reins of the Groundbound Proto-Drake]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicycle]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicyle X-TREME]
    [Heartbreaker] no changes.
    [Depleted-Kyparium Bicycle] now named [Depleted-Kyparium Bicyle]
    [X-53 Touring Rocket] now named [X-53 Immersion Bicycle]
    [Reins of the Armored Skyscreamer] now named [Reins of the Armored Landscreamer]
    [Swift Windsteed] now named [Swift Groundsteed]
    [Tawny Wind Rider] now named [Tawny Ground Rider]
    [Blue Wind Rider] now named [Blue Ground Rider]
    [Green Wind Rider] now named [Green Ground Rider]
    [Swift Yellow Wind Rider] now named [Swift Yellow Ground Rider]
    [Swift Red Wind Rider] now named [Swift Red Ground Rider]
    [Swift Purple Wind Rider] now named [Swift Purple Ground Rider]
    [Swift Green Wind Rider] now named [Swift Green Ground Rider]
    [Armored Blue Wind Rider] now named [Armored Blue Ground Rider]
    [Spectral Wind Rider]now named [Spectral Ground Rider]

And Druid Flight Form should be renamed as LoL no more farming herb for you Form.
    I appreciate some of the humor, but man you people can be so overdramatic about such shit, and also (intentionally?) misleading come think of it.
    I hope you intended your post humorously, otherwise get help.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-04-25 at 10:06 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I will hold back my criticism of this until I actually see some hands on with the new flying system. If its a fun and engaging way to get around zones then its good enough for me. If it ends up being some massive time gated progression system that surprise surprise becomes a lot like flying around the time a pathfinder would drop in an expansion then its just a big eye roll.

Blizzard is trying something new to make world content more exciting and this guy is mad because he can't skip everything.
    Last edited by puddypounce; 2022-04-25 at 10:26 PM.

I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...
    Not just that, but you literally skip all the world building that Blizzard spent years on creating, all the interactions you might have with other players and making the world feel alive and an actual mmorpg instead of empty singleplayer. Flying ruined this game and I will never stop saying it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Atleast try Dragonriding

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Not just that, but you literally skip all the world building that Blizzard spent years on creating, all the interactions you might have with other players and making the world feel alive and an actual mmorpg instead of empty singleplayer. Flying ruined this game and I will never stop saying it.
    You have a sylvanas avatar, which ruined the story for a few expansions. You cant say anything.

I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    yeah sounds so fun doing the same shit over and over again on ground so engaging

I cannot name a single great game with practically zero restrictions on movement. Flying mounts in their current state are practically a cheat code and Blizzard allowing them at all come off to me as a capitulation that people eventually want to skip the boring parts of the game (traversing a zone).

I've long been a proponent for strengthening the war mode rewards by a lot and turn off flying alltogether (with WM on). Give people the choice to play one version or the other and reward the people who put the time into playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    Blizzard is trying something new to make world content more exciting and this guy is mad because he can't skip everything.
    I think that summarized pretty much everything in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    You have a sylvanas avatar, which ruined the story for a few expansions. You cant say anything.
    Lol at this guy. Might get sent to the hospital due to salt overdose. Stay salty.

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    There is no danger on the ground, its just there to make the game take longer, flying is a part of the game and shouldnt be removed for the sake of making content last longer, once you have leveled to max level there is no need to restrict flying at all, many players dont want to waste time just because you lock flying behind stupid systems.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no danger on the ground, its just there to make the game take longer, flying is a part of the game and shouldnt be removed for the sake of making content last longer, once you have leveled to max level there is no need to restrict flying at all, many players dont want to waste time just because you lock flying behind stupid systems.
    I'd argue it's the opposite. Flying is there to make people skip all which they'd normally have go through in a game.

Most games don't actually have flying in that sense. And for good reason.

That's sort of an impressive amount of effort to spend on a joke that kinda smells.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

People on this website get hung up over the weirdest shit.

You still can kill Warlocks' pets and other DH by using warmode. YW.
    You can still fly in other continents. YW

We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    What choice is there in having the pinnacle of convenience tipped against an engaging activity that requires you to think every time you use it? Swimming in air is just vastly superior to actual flying in terms of convenience. And humans choose the path of least resistance. There is value in sometimes taking a step back in terms of convenience for the sake of being engaged with the game. I was literally thinking of moving over to GW2 because there the mount system looks like an actually engaging part of the game and thus exploration also becomes an actually engaging activity. Now I won't have to.