Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    So maybe 10ish months from now.
    That's the best scenario. I'm thinking 12 months. Hope to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    They will release alpha, then cock preorders to cuck those who fall for new models and skills.
    First rerun an offer of a 6 month sub with special needs mount a couple of times, other than that you are spot on.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    They will release alpha, then cock preorders to cuck those who fall for new models and skills.
    Even the worst expansion I've played I put in enough time to justify the cost of a deluxe edition /shrug
    People should either play or not and keep quiet. All of these people raging over a game they don't play think they're "passionate players who want the game to be good" but they should really just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    That's the best scenario. I'm thinking 12 months. Hope to be wrong.
    TBC Beta : October 2006. Release Jan 2007.
    WOTLK: July 2008. Release November 2008
    Cata: June 30 2010. Release Dec 2010 (but Beta ended in November.
    MoP: March 2012. Release Sep 2012.
    WoD: Alpha specifically in April 2014. Release November 2014.
    Legion beta started in may, released august
    BFA April, release august
    Shadowlands July, launched November.

It'll probably release this year.

Out of curiosity, what would be required to break the encryption on this build?

Given to how they are allegedly open to feedback, I'd say they'll take a little longer to release this time around. And so didn't wanna risk announcing it for this year just yet (even if they are planning to), so I'd say it will come early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Given to how they are allegedly open to feedback, I'd say they'll take a little longer to release this time around. And so didn't wanna risk announcing it for this year just yet (even if they are planning to), so I'd say it will come early next year.
    A 4chan leak who came in March ( and who foretold Drakthyr etc ) said it was slated for Q1 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would be required to break the encryption on this build?
    The encryption key

7+ Year Old Account
    Wanna point out to people, in a recent interview Ion says this expansion has been in the works for a long time, and word from multiple artists and devs backs this up, so hell this may have been in the works since bfa or even before that, and his follow up was "dragonflight is further along then normal, we are going to try and get alpha out very soon"

so dragonflight might not be THAT far out.

100% not this year, no fucking way lol, 8 months? no way, but early next year? could totally see it, maybe even prepatch before that, with beta for sure this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wanna point out to people, in a recent interview Ion says this expansion has been in the works for a long time, and word from multiple artists and devs backs this up, so hell this may have been in the works since bfa or even before that, and his follow up was "dragonflight is further along then normal, we are going to try and get alpha out very soon"

100% not this year, no fucking way lol, 8 months? no way, but early next year? could totally see it, maybe even prepatch before that, with beta for sure this year.
    WoW beta generally last 3-6 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    WoW beta generally last 3-6 months.
    Cool.

The beta is not coming anytime soon, the ALPHA is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It is not unlikely that it will launch in late November/December this year. Why? Like you said, it has been in development for a while now. We are also not seeing any huge systems like Covenants, Azerite Gear, Soul Binds, etc. That will require extensive testing. We will see an overhaul on a few systems that are already in game. Ion has stated that they want to push out the new talent system ASAP to give sites like WoWHead time to create calculators for players. I'm hopeful that it will launch this year, because unless they have some really cool stuff in the pre-order/9.2.5 patch (Expanding class/race combos, a new allied race), I cannot foresee 9.2 content lasting the rest of the year without a lot of backlash.

alpha in 2 weeks and release in nov-oct 2022

Technically speaking (names aside), as soon as players are testing it - it is Beta.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Technically speaking (names aside), as soon as players are testing it - it is Beta.
    Rubbish. Technically speaking, you're wrong.

Cool.

Alpha tends to only last one to two months. Closer to two, but not always.

Shadowlands Alpha invites were going out early April. Beta started July.
    BFA Alpha Feb, beta April.
    Legion had a really long Alpha, I'll give you that one. It also had a really short beta period to compensate.
    Warlords alpha April. Beta June.

We are well within seeing the expansion this year. It's also possible we don't. But the timelines we have previously seen certainly don't discount it.

No chance it's coming out this year. They would never release Wrath Classic and Dragonflight around the same time. The classic / retail model is all about retaining subscriptions, which is done by separating releases.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Rubbish. Technically speaking, you're wrong.
    I'm sorry you aren't familiar with the software development process, but I can't do anything about that except say that the distinction between Alpha and Beta is clear.

Anyway - my point is, beta may be sooner than people think even if the build is titled 'alpha'.

Alpha Testing is a type of software testing performed to identify bugs before releasing the product to real users or to the public. Alpha Testing is one of the user acceptance testing. Beta Testing is performed by real users of the software application in a real environment.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2022-04-22 at 10:39 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You are dreaming if you think the game will ship this year.
    They better not cause ppl will think about release being too early game not finished ect... (which ll be true).

If they dont do extensive alpha and beta iteration based on ACTUAL community (and not this bs council), then you will know we ll go for a SL 2.0.
    There ll be a lot of work, cause class need tending (extensive) with those new talents trees, and a lot of game mecanics need rework.

So don't hope for a release this year, for us like for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    No chance it's coming out this year. They would never release Wrath Classic and Dragonflight around the same time. The classic / retail model is all about retaining subscriptions, which is done by separating releases.
    Exactly, wrath will be our carot to wait for DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm sorry you aren't familiar with the software development process, but I can't do anything about that except say that the distinction between Alpha and Beta is clear.

Anyway - my point is, beta may be sooner than people think even if the build is titled 'alpha'.

Alpha Testing is a type of software testing performed to identify bugs before releasing the product to real users or to the public. Alpha Testing is one of the user acceptance testing. Beta Testing is performed by real users of the software application in a real environment.
    It's a very restricted, closed Beta.

They have been on alpha since some month already.

Quote Originally Posted by valkhy View Post
    You are dreaming if you think the game will ship this year.
    They better not cause ppl will think about release being too early game not finished ect... (which ll be true).

If they dont do extensive alpha and beta iteration based on ACTUAL community (and not this bs council), then you will know we ll go for a SL 2.0.
    There ll be a lot of work, cause class need tending (extensive) with those new talents trees, and a lot of game mecanics need rework.

So don't hope for a release this year, for us like for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, wrath will be our carot to wait for DF.
    You folks are looking at Classic and Retail as the same communities. They've made pretty clear they don't view them as such. Wrath and Retail likely won't impact each other if they release in a major way.

See, for instance, removing the LFD tool and saying "Well, there is retail if you want that experience".