Magni's entire BfA plot was pointless.

From a new interview: "We used our artifacts to drain the corruption from the sword in 2018. Everything is fine. It's just a big splinter."

Okay so why was Azeroth crying out, why were we healing the world, and ultimately, where did that plot even end? We never healed Azeroth, we just killed N'Zoth, who was only released BECAUSE of all of the Azerite we gathered in the first place!

Healing Azeroth should have been easy. Remember the Wandering Isle? An Alliance airship impacted into the side of Shen-zin Su, and then Ji detonated explosives and created a huge gaping hole in the turtle's side, but a couple dozen druids and shamans came together and mended the wound.

How many druids or shamans are there across Azeroth? Let's see... there is the Cenarion Circle, the Green Dragonflight, the Earthen Ring, the Sunwalkers, the Harvest Witches... not to mention countless others who are unaffiliated (ie, random Orcish shamans). There should be thousands who could come to Silithus and all mend the wound. Not to mention the plethora of magical artifacts lying around (such as the ones in Dalaran's vault) that could be used, and so on.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mangi’s first quest literally shows us healing the cracks in the heart chamber stabilizing Azeroth so shedoesn’t die then and there and then he tells us to go get more azerite for further healing and sends us out to heal other wounds that pop up before saying that N’zoth was aggravating Azeroth causing more damage then would have other wise been done and showing a restored heart chamber.

All of it was clearly ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Healing Azeroth should have been easy. Remember the Wandering Isle? An Alliance airship impacted into the side of Shen-zin Su, and then Ji detonated explosives and created a huge gaping hole in the turtle's side, but a couple dozen druids and shamans came together and mended the wound.

How many druids or shamans are there across Azeroth? Let's see... there is the Cenarion Circle, the Green Dragonflight, the Earthen Ring, the Sunwalkers, the Harvest Witches... not to mention countless others who are unaffiliated (ie, random Orcish shamans). There should be thousands who could come to Silithus and all mend the wound. Not to mention the plethora of magical artifacts lying around (such as the ones in Dalaran's vault) that could be used, and so on.
    Azeroth was on the verge of death at the start of BFA blowing the sword out would have all but assuredly killed her and the shamans and Druids around the wound say it’s not healing properly which we later find out is because of N’zoth.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. The plot point was to remove the corruption that was fighting against the healing. If you stand by the sword and watch as one of the druids uses healing magic you will see corruption erupt and knock them over.

2. The sword will obviously be used in a later expansion so they aren't talking about it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    But...but...the wooons

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    2. The sword will obviously be used in a later expansion so they aren't talking about it.
    Sword?
    What sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mangi’s first quest literally shows us healing the cracks in the heart chamber stabilizing Azeroth so shedoesn’t die then and there and then he tells us to go get more azerite for further healing and sends us out to heal other wounds that pop up before saying that N’zoth was aggravating Azeroth causing more damage then would have other wise been done and showing a restored heart chamber.

- - - Updated - - -

Azeroth was on the verge of death at the start of BFA blowing the sword out would have all but assuredly killed her and the shamans and Druids around the wound say it’s not healing properly which we later find out is because of N’zoth.
    They really should've just said, "We can't heal the wound because there's something blocking the magic," and then some old hermit comes in and goes "It's N'zoth, his corruption is what's keeping the magic at bay. So long as he lives, Azeroth will never be healed." They probably mentioned it before, but it was hard to keep track when there was the whole 4th War story going on at the side.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sword?
    What sword?
    That one out in...WTF! Who are you people? SCP? Is that....D class 38476 reporting.

- - - Updated - - -

When exactly was it confirmed that the wound wasnt healing properly because of NZoth? He didnt break free till Nazjatar.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    When exactly was it confirmed that the wound wasnt healing properly because of NZoth? He didnt break free till Nazjatar.
    At some point in the huge visions of N'zoth quest line.

The old gods also didn’t need to break out of there prisons to interact with the world While locked up they corrupted death wing, created the emerald nightmare, corrupted the highborn into Naga, did the curse of flesh, ect. The only thing they actually needed to be free to do was make Azeroth a void Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    They really should've just said, "We can't heal the wound because there's something blocking the magic," and then some old hermit comes in and goes "It's N'zoth, his corruption is what's keeping the magic at bay. So long as he lives, Azeroth will never be healed." They probably mentioned it before, but it was hard to keep track when there was the whole 4th War story going on at the side.
    I think it’s more so that no one knew about the seeping correction until 8.3 the Druids and shamans around the wound know it’s not healing right but given how huge the damage is that could be for any reason. Magni on the other hand tells us that the heart can heal and stabilize it just fine we just need a ton of Azeroth for the healing process which likely would have worked with or without killing N’zoth if he was still Locke up.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I think it’s more so that no one knew about the seeping correction until 8.3 the Druids and shamans around the wound know it’s not healing right but given how huge the damage is that could be for any reason. Magni on the other hand tells us that the heart can heal and stabilize it just fine we just need a ton of Azeroth for the healing process which likely would have worked with or without killing N’zoth if he was still Locke up.
    That does make sense, it even took years for Cenarion Circle and the Argent Crusade to purify most of the West Plaguelands, so it isn't something that could easily be fixed in one expansion... especially since everything that happened in BfA all the way up to the start of Shadowlands was all done within one year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    From a new interview: "We used our artifacts to drain the corruption from the sword in 2018. Everything is fine. It's just a big splinter."

Okay so why was Azeroth crying out, why were we healing the world, and ultimately, where did that plot even end? We never healed Azeroth, we just killed N'Zoth, who was only released BECAUSE of all of the Azerite we gathered in the first place!
    Magni's plot was the heal the wounds, close the flow of Azerite, and in the end, help remove the sword or make it inert. So, his plot wasn't that pointless. Without his story and chains, the world, by story, would be gone by now. The story was basically, either we fail by not doing anything, or we do something and aim to succeed, instead of failing to do it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

thhe woooooooooons.

i liked magni but the story truly could have been better