Gatekeeping isn't a bad thing

Remember when WoW was just a mix of Warhammer and Lord of the Rings made by metal enthusiasts? The game was open to everyone.

But then a hivemind that came from Tumblr came in and decided to set up a bunch of rules, not to mention the nepotism that runs rampart through their hiring process on Twitter to only find like-minded individuals.

And in their turn they instead set up a gate and are censoring, removing and banning everyone that tries to go against.

These terminally online people are now telling everyone to touch grass and go outside when all they do is sit on their ass tweeting 24/7 about what a brave and useful individual they are.

This game is dying, its not dead, its dying. And these people want to ostrazise even more people as an answer to their ideology?

People complaining about gatekeeping are usually the people you want to gatekeep.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Remember when WoW was just a mix of Warhammer and Lord of the Rings made by metal enthusiasts? The game was open to everyone.

But then a hivemind that came from Tumblr came in and decided to set up a bunch of rules, not to mention the nepotism that runs rampart through their hiring process on Twitter to only find like-minded individuals.

And in their turn they instead set up a gate and are censoring, removing and banning everyone that tries to go against.

These terminally online people are now telling everyone to touch grass and go outside when all they do is sit on their ass tweeting 24/7 about what a brave and useful individual they are.

This game is dying, its not dead, its dying. And these people want to ostrazise even more people as an answer to their ideology?
    What, in the actual fuck, are you talking about?

I think, but am certainly not sure, that what you are saying is that you don't like acting like a fucking twat monster being censored. In which case, I say to you, kindly fuck off.

Edit: Yep, looked at post history, definitely another thread about the fact that you can't deal with other people calling themselves a different pronoun. So, I repeat: Kindly fuck off. Neither Blizzard, nor MMO-Champ, nor any other entity, owes you a fucking thing. You're more than happy to tell those benefiting from this change to live by your rules, but the opposite is not true.

Edit again: Holy shit, your post history. How are you not banned here again?
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-07-16 at 12:23 PM.

Gatekeeping is bad, there is no question about that.
    Though I would make the exception for you, you should be gatekept.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    *checks your previous posts*

Yep. You're just about the kind of person who would post something like this. lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post

Edit again: Holy shit, your post history. How are you not banned here again?

Give it time. He will be soon enough. Happens every time.

As certain as OP is that the "Internet hivemind" infested the game and is ruining it... it is also certain that he is seeking as much attention as he can before taking another forums vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a single thing you said (the parts I could understand) has anything to do with gatekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

Gatekeeping solves jackshit, it just bleeds the stuff you gatekeep dry.

You want genuine room for multiple views? You break central or otherwise coalesced power in the hands of groups of people, it will always be abused anyway.

In the case of i.e. Warhammer there are plenty of fan fic materials and the official rules and lore are so optional that it's painful to watch people cry over it.
    Make your own stuff, you literally have all already existing stuff at your disposal (as it us all easily copied information, even the physical models thanks to 3D printing) and can either prune or expand upon it at your leisure.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

"WoW is dying" - Some rando MMO-C poster 2012, 2013, 2014, ... , 2021, 2022.

I think there's a pattern here.

People are getting Triggered because of Overlordds Post History lol, I Just checked it out, Yeah It's not bad. One Dude with an Opinion. Fancy that eh? The same thing all you people have. You know what? He's right with a lot of stuff he says. Funny How its always about "Freedoms" "Identity" & "Rights" until it's something you don't want to hear, Then it's full-blown attack mode. You will never be treated Civil if you cant act Civil, You will never be accepted if you can't accept, This is 2nd Grade Stuff People.

This isn't science anymore, it's a fucking cult.
    Truth, " They Are Not of Our Opinion... ATTACK! "

Thousands of years of human evolution and biology was wrong, the past 10 years when Tumblr was invented obviously is the right science!
    Perfect.

TRUST THE HECKING SCIENCE... BECAUSE... BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!
    "Insane Radical Idealism takes Critical Damage! " - Collapses

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure convinced them Truthbad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Truthbad View Post
    People are getting Triggered because of Overlordds Post History lol, I Just checked it out, Yeah It's not bad. One Dude with an Opinion. Fancy that eh? The same thing all you people have. You know what? He's right with a lot of stuff he says. Funny How its always about "Freedoms" "Identity" & "Rights" until it's something you don't want to hear, Then it's full-blown attack mode. You will never be treated Civil if you cant act Civil, You will never be accepted if you can't accept, This is 2nd Grade Stuff People.

Truth, " They Are Not of Our Opinion... ATTACK! "

Perfect.

"Insane Radical Idealism takes Critical Damage! " - Collapses
    The irony of demanding civility while you simultaneously defend your right to offend people cannot be lost on even you.

This whole ordeal is very similar to the tolerance paradox, or when idiots try to argue that people are being intolerant of people being intolerant. It is a requirement for a civil, tolerant society that the thing that is most forcefully not tolerated is intolerance. Broadly speaking, asking people to be respectful of your arsehole opinions is absurd, as is your request for civility while you espouse them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

First order intolerance is bad. Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc etc.

Second order intolerance is not only good, but mandatory for a functional progressing society. Being intolerant of racism, sexism, and homophobia are examples.

You have the right to have your opinion, and you have your right to espouse it. You don't have the right not to be judged for that opinion, nor to be free from social consequence for having it. Opinions are not all equal, some are bad, and some are overtly wrong.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-07-16 at 02:32 PM.

Op needs to touch some grass

It depends on the kind of gatekeeping. Gatekeeping based on ethnicity or religion is as bad as nepotism.

Man, if the OP summons any more one-post alts to support his opinion I'm pretty sure Ben Shapiro will materialize out of thin air.

OP -- You're on the wrong side of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "WoW is Dying/Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead