Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We are fighting against Primal Incarnate Dragons...so is it correct to say that we are going to fight against 4 deathwings?

Under the old god's corruption, Deathwing's body was out of control, more elemental. Now we have Primal Incarnates embrace these elemental features and they seem under control over those elemental bodies.

Considering the Old Gods like to use elementals and flesh beings to do their bidding, I would be surprised if these Primal Incarnates don't have any relationship with the Old Gods.

On the other hand, if they have any relationship with the Old Gods, Blizzard is introducing the biggest plot hole. The main reason is the Old Gods had the perfect weapon to conquer all Azeroth, 4 elemental dragons with full power. The Watchers and Aspects weren't able to defeat them, only trap them. I speculate if this happens, then Galakrond mutations were a consequence of the Old Gods manipulations.

I hope the design of these dragons are extremely cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It was a joke
    So like you get I'm not annoyed with the exact wording right? But that blizzard clearly don't see a huge unresolved plot thing as all that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Normal mounts will be usable on the ground, but not for flying at the start.

*sigh* Well, there goes that dream.
    I think you misunderstand this. We will be able to fly from the start, with our customizable dragon, it's the main selling point of this expansion. Normal flying mounts just won't work. But you can expect to fly pretty much from the start with your personal pet dragon mount. The expansion is literally called dragonflight. No worries.

The expansion is designed with players flying, we will upgrade our dragon and reach higher altitudes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting sounding things...hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I think you misunderstand this. We will be able to fly from the start, with our customizable dragon, it's the main selling point of this expansion. Normal flying mounts just won't work. But you can expect to fly pretty much from the start with your personal pet dragon mount. The expansion is literally called dragonflight. No worries.

The expansion is designed with players flying, we will upgrade our dragon and reach higher altitudes etc.
    "your mount is out of breath and needs to rest a minute. "

"your mount attempts to eject you."

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    "your mount is out of breath and needs to rest a minute. "

"your mount attempts to eject you."
    Doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Doubt that.

Really? Literally the 1. sentence popped into my mind as well when I read the statement....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    There is also a ship that goes to Boralus and a ship from the Echo Isles which goes to Zuldazar. However nobody uses these as we also have just the portals and weirdly enough they have never really shown us that these ships exist. I only discovered these by accident back in BfA.

I suspect they will also just add another portal to the new isles and you'll get to use the ship only once, which kinda kills the immersion, but at the same time it would also be a bit annoying to not have a portal when they've made us get used to them for such a long time.
    Portals should be there for those who want to use them (which is the majority I know) but the more immersive option should always exist.

I remember in Warlords when entering Draenor was only possible at the start through a cinematic and then canonically you couldn't get in or out. You were basically trapped in Draenor at the time. However they also shut off the entrance to Outland that way. You can get to Outland through a portal in the Caverns of Time but I'm not even sure if that's canon.

Also, afaik there's no way to get to Pandaria other than a Portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    "Dracthyr forms will show your shoulders, tabards, and belts."

This actually really bothers me, Why design a class where you will not beable to see your armor 90% of the time. that is just odd.
    Yeah, like druids... No one plays druids!
    Or if you're going to go by race, like Tauren!
    Or even worse, Tauren Druids...

This is really nothing new.

"As of now, Dracthyr are always in dragon form when in combat."

I wish this wasn't the case. I envision logging in and queuing for a dungeon on my pally tank. Then It will be me and 4 dragons!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    "Dracthyr forms will show your shoulders, tabards, and belts."

This actually really bothers me, Why design a class where you will not beable to see your armor 90% of the time. that is just odd.
    They get a humanoid form too to show it all, they'll be much like druids in that you don't see much of their gear when in combat.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I find it telling that the new player experience skips SL and you don't need to know the story of SL to understand dragonflight....

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Sounds like a lot of bullshit. Initially there were no player power progression systems, now "of course there will be". Initially there is no pathfinder and players will be able to fly immediately, but now nope. Crazy how in just a fucking week they're already going back on their word. I'm guessing this will be the last time they talk about it until nonrefundable preorders go out.
    No offense intended but you personally adding “player power” to their answer saying of course there will be a “progression system” doesn’t make it true and doesn’t make them liars. Nowhere there does it mention anything about the progression system being tied to player power.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    based, lets hope this is explored further
    Personally, I think it would be great if you could toggle the form freely outside of specific abilities, like breathing flame while flying around. Maybe put a GCD just so you aren’t changing all the time, but I’d like to spend some combat time as my visage form. Especially since the preview looks very nice and unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post

I know. I'm just not sold on the whole "build your dragon" and prefer my own mounts.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

There are no Azerite or Artifact power systems in Dragonflight, but a progressions system will obviously be a part of it.

and OFC that progression is not accountwide and you can do that boring thing again and again for every alt. because doing it once, to say „i have seen it and i played it“, is not enough. obviously.

idk, when i look at many things of the interviews and announcement, the same 2 things always come into my mind:

- they will never learn and never change.
    - more. of. the. same.

sadly

maybe they are fine with wow just like it is. and maybe they are fine with their (size of) customer base. and myabe its just that wow is no longer for me. maybe. not sure if Blizz is the problem or if its me just playing the wrong game.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-24 at 11:38 PM.

There will not be dragon forms for druids.
    I'm really glad they brought this up, because I saw a YouTube video where we were told Druids would get a dragon form in the pre-patch, and I wondered how much truth there was to it.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    No offense intended but you personally adding “player power” to their answer saying of course there will be a “progression system” doesn’t make it true and doesn’t make them liars. Nowhere there does it mention anything about the progression system being tied to player power.
    no offense intended but people like you used to get beat the fuck up for saying retarded shit like this. i miss those days.

There are four dragon leaders in the primalist movement that are on par with the aspects, each embodying the elemental forces that they embraced. This movement was of those that rejected the Titan's gifts and wanted to remain unfettered. These philosophical differences led to war.
    I'm legitimately confused ... what was the point of taking the Titan's powers if they could just embrace (a more natural) elemental force instead?

Are they really remaining unfettered if they take on elemental force powers instead?

In any case, if I could get the choice, I'd probably side with the guys who embraced nature and became just as powerful as their 'titan-corrupted' counter-part dragons

I'm honestly confused about this, and I hope we're not going to be super-awesome-champion-heroes beaming through space and time again to do this, I just want to be a lowly adventurer again who helps out

It doesn't exactly inspire optimism that much (if not most) of these interview answers revolve around things we aren't getting, rather than what we are.