Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which class are YOU hyped about for WotLK and why?

As WotLK Classic is a sure thing, despite it being likely towards end of Q4, I was wondering which classes y'all are hyped to play around with and why?
    WotLK in general was a peak for a lot of classes and class mechanics being fleshed out that would tag along for years and years to come, so there's a lot of exciting stuff to mess around with.

Likely there will be a lot of answers containing either DK, Ret and warrior since not only were they generally powerhouses, Smourne and DBW were always a popular incentive to grind out those classes to their maximum potential.
    On the opposite end, WotLK was very caster friendly aswell with the generally high pace and damage output, aswell as absurd shit like DFO being available.

Personally I never played mage nor hunter during WotLK, so I was looking at either fire mage or survival hunter. I think either will be enjoyable, unsure which I want to mess around with more at this point in time.

With 3.3 values and 3.0+ abilities in general, Prot warriors become reliable 5-man tanks. I loved running dungeons and that's just not something you can do easily as a warrior pre-Wrath. Plus, with dual spec, I can quest as DPS and switch over as needed.

Late-expansion Fury was something I didn't get to enjoy so I'm also looking forward to that.

But, ironically, I mained a paladin back in the day and the class is calling me -- Ret is just too fun, especially with T10, and Holy Light blasting is the pinnacle of Wrath's 0-100% healing design, so my account boost is definitely earmarked.

Probably hunters, the whole swingtimer shenanigans has gotten old, while it's not spamming a single button like Warlocks, fucking hell does it tedious to constantly weave in Arcane / Multi shots depending on your haste level.

As an Ele main, kinda both laughing and sad face, while Wotlk is an improvement over the Lightning Bolt / Chain Lightning spam of Wotlk, the rotation itself remains a bit clunky due to haste fucking over your Lava burst CD (with 0 Haste, you can perfectly fit in 5 Lightning Bolts into the 8 sec Lava burst CD, with Haste, that obviously doesn't work).

Then again, i could write a small essay on what's wrong with Ele in Wotlk.

Slightly unrelated to the topic at hand, but i, as pug leader, will continue to enjoy being drowned whispers of Melees asking for a spot, despite that i clearly outlinied that i'm only looking for a healer / caster, because friends and guildmates fill the Melee spots with their Alts.

Re-played warlock through classic and classic tbc.
    Gonna continue with it in wotlk, all 3 specs are really cool to play in wrath.

Gonna have a dk alt like everyone else and maybe a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    With 3.3 values and 3.0+ abilities in general, Prot warriors become reliable 5-man tanks. I loved running dungeons and that's just not something you can do easily as a warrior pre-Wrath. Plus, with dual spec, I can quest as DPS and switch over as needed.

Late-expansion Fury was something I didn't get to enjoy so I'm also looking forward to that.

But, ironically, I mained a paladin back in the day and the class is calling me -- Ret is just too fun, especially with T10, and Holy Light blasting is the pinnacle of Wrath's 0-100% healing design, so my account boost is definitely earmarked.
    Prot warriors were awesome in Wrath. Wasn't that when they got Shockwave and a bunch of other good stuff? I remember having the new abilities in the pre-patch and just steamrolling through stuff.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

3+ Year Old Account
    Warlock seems pretty good ngl

Retri for melee dps, Shaman for healing and DK for tank when you wanna switch things up.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-04-23 at 06:00 PM.

I mained a DK for the real WotLK so I might try something different. I remember having fun on Balance Druid and Affliction lock during the ICC alt runs so maybe I'll go with one of those this time.

I'm not sure if I want to play Wrath Classic because I already have enough fond memories of the original. But if I do I will play old Survival again. Even the non-OP version was so much fun and up until ArPen softcap it was better than/ competitive with Marksman too. Still sad they deleted the spec for no reason. Anyone else remember Danaik?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I mained a DK for the real WotLK so I might try something different. I remember having fun on Balance Druid and Affliction lock during the ICC alt runs so maybe I'll go with one of those this time.
    When in doubt, go mage. lol Never a bad choice.

Paladin easily but maybe do so as prot/holy. I predict too many ret pallies as they rather peaked in Wrath.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Prot warriors were awesome in Wrath. Wasn't that when they got Shockwave and a bunch of other good stuff? I remember having the new abilities in the pre-patch and just steamrolling through stuff.
    Yup! Key abilities had rage costs lowered or removed, some stance restrictions were relaxed, glyphs gave a few attacks more punch, and yes indeed, we got Shockwave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to play Wrath Classic because I already have enough fond memories of the original. But if I do I will play old Survival again. Even the non-OP version was so much fun and up until ArPen softcap it was better than/ competitive with Marksman too. Still sad they deleted the spec for no reason. Anyone else remember Danaik?
    What a coincidence, as I was considering hunter I rewatched Danaik 3 lately and it definitely influenced my decision on choosing between Surv Hunter and Fire Mage.

Was thinking about not continue on with the druid. Its maybe dumb to always play a tank as well. But I dont know...I got to play prot paladin in TBC and wotlk so I know how good that is, but I find warrior to be kinda dull, which I played in classic only. So maybe actually a frost death knight tank, cause its fun to tank with.

Maybe I should just play as a DPS, but then again I just wanna tank really...Im good enough at it, its a easy role for me, and WOTLK like classic and TBC is heavy 5 man content.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The problem with WoTLK is all classes are viable and fun. Arghh

10+ Year Old Account
    I never ever change a class main once I start one.

I picked Hunter in Classic, played it in TBC Classic, will play it in WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD etc, no matter how far they go.

Just like i played Rogue from original vanilla all the way to now and I'll go into Dragonflight with it.

The protagonist class and his evil more handsome brother ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I never ever change a class main once I start one.

I picked Hunter in Classic, played it in TBC Classic, will play it in WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD etc, no matter how far they go.

Just like i played Rogue from original vanilla all the way to now and I'll go into Dragonflight with it.
    I'm polar opposite. I reroll mains every xpac. Played warrior classic, shaman tbc, so im naturally going DK for Wrath.

I was enthousiastic doing DK in all spec, but I just learned it will be blood only...

I played DK in original WotLK, then Destro Warlock / Resto Shaman on private server and now im interested in playing Fire Mage as main, then a few alts: Prot Paladin, Blood DK, Destro Warlock and Resto Shaman.

I remember my Fire mage being a DPS beast in icecrown, pvp was good too with scorch on the move with instant hotstreak pyro's pretty much melting everything. Plus Frostfire build was a thing early wrath.

I do want want to try Frost Dual wield Dk tanking though, not sure if that got changed after TotC or ICC.