Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    tanking on my paladin. threat management and pulls wers soooo much nicer with the expanded toolkit they gave them. im very stoked to play my paladin again. TBC prot felt very incomplete and boring.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Balance druid, which was destroyed with moon/sun power spell dynamic shit system in cata or if it was mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest, it feels like a healing god during wrath.

Shadow Priest.

Also all DK specs being tanks. It's been awhile since I could Unholy Tank things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As WotLK Classic is a sure thing, despite it being likely towards end of Q4, I was wondering which classes y'all are hyped to play around with and why?
    WotLK in general was a peak for a lot of classes and class mechanics being fleshed out that would tag along for years and years to come, so there's a lot of exciting stuff to mess around with.

Likely there will be a lot of answers containing either DK, Ret and warrior since not only were they generally powerhouses, Smourne and DBW were always a popular incentive to grind out those classes to their maximum potential.
    On the opposite end, WotLK was very caster friendly aswell with the generally high pace and damage output, aswell as absurd shit like DFO being available.

Personally I never played mage nor hunter during WotLK, so I was looking at either fire mage or survival hunter. I think either will be enjoyable, unsure which I want to mess around with more at this point in time.
    definetly hunter beacuse that means i can play the real ranged survival hunter (sure i can play surv in tbc too but its not the playstyle im after). But im looking forward to play all the classes tbh but mostly hunter beacuse i can play the non meme specc finally.

Lava Burst for Elemental Shaman in this expansion is incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really miss the old school DK...had a lot of cool options that just aren't on live, and Pally...similar situation, they had some cool stuff that just isn't in live anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Prot warriors were awesome in Wrath. Wasn't that when they got Shockwave and a bunch of other good stuff? I remember having the new abilities in the pre-patch and just steamrolling through stuff.
    did you even play wrath live?
    fyi when wrath hit live servers it was the most unbalanced broken game play in the history of wow.
    dks were broken and op'ed was not even the word for it! but but they got nerfed later on they were balanced... thats just BS! dks were broken and stayed broken the whole of wrath even after some nerfs same goes for pallys.

as for warriors?well warriors were the worst class in game for both pvp pve and tanking!blizz wanted to make sure people paying good $ to play would re re roll to dks and pallys and most did. all of S5 was a joke and it was again the most broken season in wow history!

blizz some time around season 6 had to make massive class changes to warriors just to make them playable! thats right blizz had to redo class talents to make warriors playable mid x-pac something blizz says they never do unless its a must!

warrior tanks straight up sucked and were left behind in both single and aoe tanking by dks pallys and druids. fury warriors got damage buffs so guild leaders would not bench them for dks and pallys.

arms?well lets just say every warrior that did not re roll dk or pally in s5 when fury! thats right arms warriors were forced to go fury not because fury was good in pvp but because arms was the worst!

lets see here during season 6 or 7 and after almost 6+ months of season 5 arms warriors got new talents...

talents like juggernaut "charge in combat" was giving to arms because how bad they were. did you guys know juggernaut use to have 100% chance for ms crit after charge when it was added but that was nerfed into the ground because it was to strong..... but dks and pallys....

arms also got UA/op mid x pac again because arms and warriors sucked!

they even had to buff warrior stances like letting battle stance grant arp! blizz also buffed how good arp was for warriors because the class sucked.

there's alot more that wrath fans seem to have forgot...

like how blizz and wow got kicked from the mlg/pvp tournaments at the end of wrath because of how broken and unbalanced wrath was!

blizz also had to remove 2v2 arena from season awards meaning players could not get season titles/ glad from 2v2 because the bracket was broken by dks and pallys. players could not even get T2 weapons or shoulders from 2v2 in wrath after dks destroyed the game. yes 2 blood dks in 2v2 or 5 dks all poping army in 5v5....

we went from 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 all being good in TBC to ONLY 3v3 in wrath and that took a season or two to get straight.

all this crap applies to pve as well!

side note just because wrath had the most players does not make it the best or most balanced x pac in wow history as the opposite is true really.

game growth?= classic and tbc brought in like 10 million players! wrath?went from +10 million players to 11 million = 1 million gain = classic and TBC had way more new players.

more specs in pvp?sure because dks were added to the game so that would 100% add in more specs in pvp/pve but that does not mean better balance! if that was true live wow would be the most balanced ever since more specs and classes are in pvp/pve then ever before...

cata had better balance then wrath when cata started it had just as many players as peak wrath! so does that mean cata was better then classic TBC and wrath? nope!

the game started to change for the worse in wrath things were broken and raiding went easy mode!

i could tell you guys if you think rogues with warglavies are bad in TBC just wait until you see 3+ classes swinging shadowmoure lol!

players had to pve to pvp as the gear was must better and players needed the arp!

the reason wrath sold so well is due to how epic classic and TBC were!

all the broken aspects in classic got fixed in TBC only for wrath to brake the game again!

hopefully blizz has at least 1 server for classic TBC and wrath thats stays up so players can play what one they like.

and make sure you guys like fast 1 shotting blow stuff up style of pvp as thats 100% how wrath pvp is! global someone and watch then die! the slower longer "balanced" mana wars of TBC are gone in wrath!
    Last edited by meathead; 2022-05-02 at 05:34 PM.

I probably won't play classic, but Frost tanking with Armpen stacking was always my favorite and i'd go right back to that.

None. I'm hyped about the world, the zones, the setting, the lore, the raids and above all -> 10-man raiding.

Hunters for black arrow and explosive shot.

Druids in general.

DK cause hillariously OP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    DK cause hillariously OP
    Pity the original "Season 5 DK" isn't coming back. Those were hilarious times.

thank god in wotlk there will be alot tanks Every1 will have atleast 1tank as Alt

If gold buying/selling still being allowed without any bans being issues is still a thing and they don’t Add WoW token or other ways to purchase gold through blizz store for people who don’t want to use 3rd party, then i’m excited for nothing.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    All tank specs. Blood DK overdps tanking <3 and LFD TOOL (OH WAIT). At this point wotlk is dead for me with no LFD :P Happy playin i pass.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Also disc priest for ruining other healers day.
    Good luck with that.
    Disc priests are worthless all the way except for 3 fights, pretty much

Holy priest > all other healers by far in wrath.

I´ll be maining Mage by the looks and keeping a priest up too, used to main holy priest for some good 10 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Disc priest, it feels like a healing god during wrath.
    Another one, what wrath did you people play?

Mained a priest, was on top guilds and holy was simply better in every way, except for extremely specific fights like LK, and even just as HC it was mandatory.

Anyway, I talk in peace to you, cause Nine Inch Nails tattoo!!! Awesome sight!
    Last edited by shise; 2022-05-05 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Prot warriors were awesome in Wrath. Wasn't that when they got Shockwave and a bunch of other good stuff? I remember having the new abilities in the pre-patch and just steamrolling through stuff.
    As far as raids go prot warrior is the least desirable tank for the entire expansion. Doesnt matter much unless you plan on tanking hc totc ++. If you do though its gonna suck watching your health swing wildly compared to other tanks, especially paladins.

As for 5 mans, when it comes to ulduar you can just tank them as fury in full dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Another one, what wrath did you people play?
    LK HC basically revealed to people how OP Disc can be when it properly plays around the encounter (+ people don't break shield prematurely) and people on private servers retroactively applied that knowledge to other Wotlk encounters.

A well played Disc will rule the meters in Wotlk, because it's effectively the starting point where people can utilize absorbs properly.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    LK HC basically revealed to people how OP Disc can be when it properly plays around the encounter (+ people don't break shield prematurely) and people on private servers retroactively applied that knowledge to other Wotlk encounters.

A well played Disc will rule the meters in Wotlk, because it's effectively the starting point where people can utilize absorbs properly.
    Yes, but even with that holy is still above, special in hte metters as you meant. You can disable absorbs and then disc is far behind and it´s a different style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If gold buying/selling still being allowed without any bans being issues is still a thing and they don’t Add WoW token or other ways to purchase gold through blizz store for people who don’t want to use 3rd party, then i’m excited for nothing.
    Adding WoW token won´t fix anything, quite the opposite. Besides, they could never compete with gold seller prices.

This is a problem that should have been solved long ago, there´s nothiong ot do about it now and it would be unfair to stop it now, because then you will have a ridiculous gap between people who bought those who didn´t, with 0 chance of ever making it even.