Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since Azeroth is waking up, something like an underground expansion where we go to where her world soul is.

If the elementals continue to be a major theme of this expansion beyond 10.0, I could see an underground expansion continuing that thread. Could also easily feel very old school with earthen, troggs, kobolds, Titan facilities, old god minions, etc.

The fact that they’ve already mentioned other cosmic threats in the Dragonflight interviews does make me feel like we’ll be leaning into that for 11.0 though, which isn’t really what I would prefer.

Honestly a 11.0 world revamp with a deep focus on the OG continents, races and classes is what’d I’d want most of all.

(Or my pipe dream of an Indian themed continent with elephant and peacock peoples along the same vein as MoP!)
    Last edited by Villager720; 2022-04-26 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underground Azeroth
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect? Which story is still untold?
    I’ll take the other side of Azeroth please. K thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If the elementals continue to be a major theme of this expansion beyond 10.0, I could see an underground expansion continuing that thread. Could also easily feel very old school with earthen, troggs, kobolds, Titan facilities, old god minions, etc.
    Actually, speaking of elementals, a return to the Elemental Planes would provide plenty of rich loam for an expansion. We've only seen small bits of them so far, there could be so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Assuming that we're going to continue the grounded > cosmic > grounded > cosmic pattern, my best guess would be K'aresh, the homeworld of the Ethereals.
    Hell, yes! I'm itching to go there and massacre that world in revenge for running that Azerite Trash Vendor racket back in BfA. What did they do with all that pilfered Titan Residium? Melt it down and make colossal statues of themselves?

There's a huge world already. Put some dynamic stuff there and call it an expansion. Questlines and stories, new and old NPC's. Seeing time actually move forward.

No fucking clue. We don't even know where we will go with the initial DF content; besides the Dragon Isles obviously. It's way too early to tell, but I did have the feeling when Ion dodged questions during 9.1 that they would aim for a down to earth expansion next to appease the playerbase, but they aren't done telling their cosmic bullcrap fiesta, so we will be plagued by that shit sooner than later again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Sounds like they're open to creating new continents on Azeroth since they repeatedly use non-absolute phrasing when they described dragon isles and Zandalar/KT such as "the few remaining KNOWN landmasses"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Emerald Dream or South Seas
    Please.. Not another realm... Give me South Seas.. Emerald Dream, by proof of Shadowlands, should NOT be an expansion of its own but a patch or two.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I reckon what will happen is that at the end of Dragonflight (10.3) Nozdormu will transform into Muzorond. he will be the final boss of DF and right before he dies will open up a portal to alternate Draenor which will allow Yrel and her Light fanatics to invade Azeroth. either 10.2 or 10.3 we will be exploring somewhere on the Dragon Isles and find a secret cave that only Deathwing had access too or something which will contain an Emissary of the Void and it will escape (possibly in a mega dungeon) and then at the end of 10.3/11.0 we will have the forces of the void descending on Azeroth as well. three way fight between forces of Azeroth, those light wackos and the void nasties

yeah it's shit but better than what we will get

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Please.. Not another realm... Give me South Seas.. Emerald Dream, by proof of Shadowlands, should NOT be an expansion of its own but a patch or two.
    Same. I'd rather have south seas. I just thought they might go the direction of Emerald dream cause it's connected to dragons, they might spill the story over that way >.>
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-04-27 at 09:03 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

AoC will probably be out by then, so I don't really care. Nothing short of an engine upgrade and total game overhaul will make me come back.

Hopefully, we'll traverse through the uncharted seas and find out what's on the other side of Azeroth.

The sea on the left side of Kalimdor are the "Veiled Sea" and the one on the right of Eastern Kingdoms is "The Forbidden Sea" implying two different bodies of water in-between another mysterious landmass.

NPCs ingame have noted that the few who have traveled beyond those seas ever returns. Also in the cutscene where Sargeras throws the sword into the planet it's clear that the land we know only takes up 50% of the planet and there's a whole different side.

Not to mention in Chronicles it states: "In time, the keepers and their servants stabilized Azeroth's main landmass, a continent that teemed with plants and creatures of every kind. Twilight fell as the titan-forged surveyed the world they had shaped, and they named the primary continent Kalimdor. Land of Eternal Starlight." meaning there were other landmasses beyond the original Pangea-esque Kalimdor (which broken apart is responsible for all the land masses on Azeroth we've currently explored).

It would really be cool to have an expansion focused on the mysterious lands beyond the seas.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    likely wow will go free to play

We still have K'aresh on the table, which I'd be interested in exploring. Gimme a nice cosmic Arabian themed setting for a nice change if pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    likely wow will go free to play
    Unlikely

/q0chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Another sundering at the end of dragonflight pls

K'aresh

/tenchars

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Underground would be my first choice, but I also did a South Seas concept that would tackle a lot of the island zones we have yet to fully explore.

I think South Seas and a 'Hollow Azeroth' concept would tackle anything that is possibly left on Azeroth itself, beyond the revamp of older zones - revising Gadgetzan and Un'Goro Crater with their Hearthstone equivalents would be awesome, as would something to revive Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj.

There are any number of other worlds we could visit as part of larger cosmic-related expansions - K'aresh, Terratus, and Doomworld are all ones I'm hoping we get to one day.
    Pretty much this, can't see what else they'd do in the near-term (maybe some emerald dream stuff)