Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Underground would be my first choice, but I also did a South Seas concept that would tackle a lot of the island zones we have yet to fully explore.

    I think South Seas and a 'Hollow Azeroth' concept would tackle anything that is possibly left on Azeroth itself, beyond the revamp of older zones - revising Gadgetzan and Un'Goro Crater with their Hearthstone equivalents would be awesome, as would something to revive Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj.

    There are any number of other worlds we could visit as part of larger cosmic-related expansions - K'aresh, Terratus, and Doomworld are all ones I'm hoping we get to one day.
    Pretty much this, can't see what else they'd do in the near-term (maybe some emerald dream stuff)

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimatez View Post
    Pretty much this, can't see what else they'd do in the near-term (maybe some emerald dream stuff)
    The only thing related to Hollow Azeroth would be Emerald Dream which also has connection with Zereth Mortis and Shadowlands as well as Emerald Nightmare.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've been longing for an underground expansion for years, but at this point it's clear that Blizzard's imagination has dried up long ago and we'll never get it. More than likely we'll just get an expansion about evil Turalyon. Boo.



    I share this opinion.
    I think they left Anduin in the Shadowlands to make the "naughty light" expansion, which is boring, predictable and forced.

    An underground expansion could bring imaginative habitats we have never seen before. Would love to see Azjol nerub as a realised zone as well.

  4. #44
    Same format as Cataclysm, world rehaul and a bunch of new zones, including underground zones.

    Dragonflight sets the stage for a time-travelling type of cataclysm which fractures Azeroth, and possibly Draenor, into the past and future versions of itself.

    This allows Blizzard to clean up Cataclysm's content and bring the most important locations for the game into a baseline of normalcy. The time fracturing can be done through zone-wide scenarios. These can last an entire week which then creates a situation where not all content is accessible all the time. Each week will be a new combination of open zones. Which zones open each week can be determined through weekly player efforts (with a diminishing return system that prevents zones from never opening).

    Of course rehauling the entire game, including all the expansion content, would be a monstrous task. But the beauty of a time-fractures is that this can be filled in gradually. From slight refurbishing to whole new stories happening in these zones. It's just a ton of development freedom that Blizzard would allow themselves, and everyone knows they need it.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-05-01 at 01:28 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect? Which story is still untold?
    If you want an idea where they're going long term with the lore content, look up Lovecraft. And research jewish mysticism, aka kaballah, and you'll get a good idea of the themes they're going to use.

  6. #46
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If the elementals continue to be a major theme of this expansion beyond 10.0, I could see an underground expansion continuing that thread.
    But the elementals aren't connected with "the underground". They're connected to their own planes, like the Firelands and Deepholm. And before anyone ask, Deepholm is not "underground". It's just the elemental plane of earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Same format as Cataclysm, world rehaul and a bunch of new zones, including underground zones.

    Dragonflight sets the stage for a time-travelling type of cataclysm which fractures Azeroth, and possibly Draenor, into the past and future versions of itself.

    This allows Blizzard to clean up Cataclysm's content and bring the most important locations for the game into a baseline of normalcy. The time fracturing can be done through zone-wide scenarios. These can last an entire week which then creates a situation where not all content is accessible all the time. Each week will be a new combination of open zones. Which zones open each week can be determined through weekly player efforts (with a diminishing return system that prevents zones from never opening).

    Of course rehauling the entire game, including all the expansion content, would be a monstrous task. But the beauty of a time-fractures is that this can be filled in gradually. From slight refurbishing to whole new stories happening in these zones. It's just a ton of development freedom that Blizzard would allow themselves, and everyone knows they need it.
    I'm sure they'll do something like that.

    Because, you know, they never said anything like "yeah, we probably went way too far with Cataclysm and destroyed too much of the original game's feel and story just because we could, and we won't do that again".

    Never said that at all. We all collectively dreamed that.

    Right?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But the elementals aren't connected with "the underground". They're connected to their own planes, like the Firelands and Deepholm. And before anyone ask, Deepholm is not "underground". It's just the elemental plane of earth.
    Sure fair point. But aside from the Skywall, whenever players encounter epic elemental stuff it tends to happen underground. So to the player it seems that the further you go into Azeroth, the more the elemental panes start to intersect with this reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I'm sure they'll do something like that.

    Because, you know, they never said anything like "yeah, we probably went way too far with Cataclysm and destroyed too much of the original game's feel and story just because we could, and we won't do that again".

    Never said that at all. We all collectively dreamed that.

    Right?
    I don't know. Did they? I'm not familiar enough with what Blizzard said or didn't say to construe your point the way you are intending it to. It almost reads as double sarcasm.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-05-01 at 02:03 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect? Which story is still untold?
    Well... There is that one leaker from China who (at this point) guessed every expansion right for the 4th time in a row since as far back as Legion.

    Based on the leak they made, the supposed next course after Dragons would be relating to Elementals next then a MoP style type of expansion... then by patch 13.0 is when the Light vs Void expansion will start.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But the elementals aren't connected with "the underground". They're connected to their own planes, like the Firelands and Deepholm. And before anyone ask, Deepholm is not "underground". It's just the elemental plane of earth.
    Sure, but there are forces tied to the elements that are underground. Such as the Old Gods and their minions.

  11. #51
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,676
    I don't know. Did they? I'm not familiar enough with what Blizzard said or didn't say to construe your point the way you are intending it to. It almost reads as double sarcasm.
    I think he's being snarky acting as if its obvious Blizzard felt that way about Cataclysm.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  12. #52
    I'd love for us to discover that what became Outland was only one continent out of many on Draenor.

    That only this one continent is what got plunged into the Twisting Nether while the rest of the planet remains intact to this day.

    That even a part of this one continent remains in the form of the southern parts of the Spires of Arak still hosting one of Ner'zhuls many portals.

    That this cataclysmic event left behind a massive crater that filled with water which lowered the water level of the planet so that a land bridge appeared connecting the Spires of Arak with the continent from which Ogres originate.

    And that now, for whatever reason, this long-lost portal that had laid dormant since the breaking of the world is re-activated and connects to the Dark Portal, opening up the exploration of the rest of Draenor, which, as I understand the lore, was/is supposedly massive.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2022-05-01 at 03:32 PM.

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Well... There is that one leaker from China who (at this point) guessed every expansion right for the 4th time in a row since as far back as Legion.

    Based on the leak they made, the supposed next course after Dragons would be relating to Elementals next then a MoP style type of expansion... then by patch 13.0 is when the Light vs Void expansion will start.
    That would actually make more sense than a lot of suggestions, because one of the main themes of Dragonflight is "back to high fantasy, back to adventuring and exploring", rather than the melodrama-centered epic/cosmic fantasy of SL (and arguably BfA).

    Dragonflight seems to feature elemental-themed dudes as the main initial baddies, presumably Murozond will come in later (be shocking if he didn't), and I think you could make another expansion leaning hard to new/reborn elemental lords, maybe with a little bit of Old God stuff but nothing as heavy/central as BfA. I certainly expect the next expansion to stay primarily on Azeroth. As such the guy hoping for at least a partially-underground expansion may actually not be disappointed!

    If the leak was true then presumably the "MoP style" expansion would be something on the "other side of Azeroth" (yes, yes, I know we've seen the globes lol, but that's totally retcon-able), which could be fun.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sure, but there are forces tied to the elements that are underground. Such as the Old Gods and their minions.
    Remember, Illgynoth's whispers...

    " Five Lanterns, now darkened, the flame they seek will light the master's way "
    " Five keys to open the path , five torches to light our way "

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Assuming that we're going to continue the grounded > cosmic > grounded > cosmic pattern, my best guess would be K'aresh, the homeworld of the Ethereals.
    If it was to be this pattern and we were to hit places already destroyed previously by various cosmic forces I would prefer a few different portions of multiple planets ala how Argus was some remaining areas rather than an entire planet.

    As for the OP's question I could see the future having repercussions from the events of SL, like how SL used the death of Argus (the Titan) in Legion as a catalyst for the story. Probably related to opening the way to Zereth Mortis or the Devourers expanding into other places.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-05-01 at 07:06 PM.

  16. #56
    light vs void but they invade Azeroth rather than we go to the stars to go get them.

    I think it is safe to assume that, with their current stances against "cosmic" expansions, the next two expacs will be terrestrial ones.

    Dragonflight (new continent)
    Next one Light vs Void and blasted lands and surrounding regions are all updated as max level zones with some new Titan installations to play with.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

    Have a nice day.

  17. #57
    Next expansion we finally deal with the Light. Yrel and her Lightbound-Nazi army are invading Azeroth from Future-AU Draenor. Khadgar returns to lead us on a suicide mission through the Dark Portal. We take the fight to them. Expansion is called, uhh.. Exarchs of Draenor.

    Player Housing is announced but it takes the form of a Garrison, only available on Future-AU Draenor. But you can build it in any zone! Actually no, just one zone. SMV for Horde and FFR for Alliance, this time. Farahlon is finally added but it's just Ashran 2.0

  18. #58
    Dragonflight is all about dragons, and helping them and their needs, letting them achieve their dreams and destiny, which has nothing to do with our playable character or a world ending threat... we're just doing it because we're good guys apparently, there's nothing in it for us the players.

    Considering that, everything is possible.

    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard made an entire expansion revolving around tilling a farm, like in Pandaria. Apparently we don't need big threats.
    They could also make an expansion following just the Night Elves rebuilding their civilization, f*ck the other races. Or one entirely focused on Murlocs.

    This is the path Blizzard took after realizing players don't like the cosmic shit. I understand it's back to Azeroth and smaller stories, which I actually like, but I don't think just following one race really works out as players feel left out. And don't get me started on Dragon fatigue which many of us will experience even quite early on in the expansion since they're not mixing up the theme a little bit.

    In short, moving away from the cosmic stuff is good. Going back to Azeroth and smaller stories, back to being adventurers, it's all good. But following just one race of beings isn't a good idea.

    And as a narrative I really don't understand why our player characters would do all of this work for the dragons when there's nothing in it for themselves. Why? It doesn't make sense. As if the playable races didn't go through all kinds of war, cities being destroyed, you name it. And instead of rebuilding their own lands they decide to help the dragons instead? It's a big joke.
    Last edited by Daronokk; 2022-05-01 at 07:29 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That would actually make more sense than a lot of suggestions, because one of the main themes of Dragonflight is "back to high fantasy, back to adventuring and exploring", rather than the melodrama-centered epic/cosmic fantasy of SL (and arguably BfA).

    Dragonflight seems to feature elemental-themed dudes as the main initial baddies, presumably Murozond will come in later (be shocking if he didn't), and I think you could make another expansion leaning hard to new/reborn elemental lords, maybe with a little bit of Old God stuff but nothing as heavy/central as BfA. I certainly expect the next expansion to stay primarily on Azeroth. As such the guy hoping for at least a partially-underground expansion may actually not be disappointed!

    If the leak was true then presumably the "MoP style" expansion would be something on the "other side of Azeroth" (yes, yes, I know we've seen the globes lol, but that's totally retcon-able), which could be fun.
    Not to mention that the first Dragons started out as elemental beings before they were given life and became the Dragons we know today. Especially since in the announcement there are Elemental Dragons that are coming to Dragonflight. And also these guys known as the Primalists...

    Speaking of which, there are a few things that do raise concern regarding the elementals like Twilight Cult is still functioning despite the loss of Cho'gall and Deathwing. There is also this business regarding the Cult of Ragneros, and there is the matter of Magetha Grimtotem's sudden disappearance after Legion. In the Shaman Order Hall campaign, you do help replace the fallen lords for Air and Fire since both Al'akir and Ragneros are gone.

    And there is also the matter regarding Azshara and it wouldn't be shocking if Neptulon would need our help against her. He couldn't get to her palace last time due to the Tidestone of Golganneth holding him and the seas back, but if it's somewhere else... there's a chance we may need to help him again.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Dragonflight is all about dragons, and helping them and their needs, letting them achieve their dreams and destiny, which has nothing to do with our playable character or a world ending threat... we're just doing it because we're good guys apparently, there's nothing in it for us the players.
    The level of assumption here is pretty bonkers, dude.

    You're assuming there's "nothing in it for us", like wtf? Obviously there will be - I mean, we're getting a dragon to ride among other things. It seems like by your logic here, 90% of the things we did in Vanilla was "because we're good guys" and there was "nothing in it for us", because by and large we weren't doing quests/dungeons "for the Alliance" or "for the Horde" nor "for an organisation we belong to" (which I presume is your alternative?), we were just doing them because they rewarded XP/gold/loot/rep.

    I guess XP/gold/loot/rep is "nothing" to you.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •