Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wait, SOME of the armor will be visible? Well, that's better than none, at least...
    They said belts, shoulders and tabards. So one will be able to essentially wear armor like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    That's still a glorified Druid form. I'd much prefer an actual, fully-assed implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it will on the visage form, but not the dragon form, as it is most likely treated as a shapeshift.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's like druids, guys. Don't set high expectations or you'll be disappointed.

Why wouldn't it be possible. It very much is possible. It's just another race. Blizzard, rig it you lazy fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why wouldn't it be possible. It very much is possible. It's just another race. Blizzard, rig it you lazy fucks.
    Rigging isn't the issue, since they've said that shoulders and belts will probably be visible... Which is the only pieces tied to rigging.
    Those are the easy ones to fix. Since it's basically just adding a point at their waist or shoulder where the model attaches itself to and that point has some positional values and scaling to make it fit properly and voila... it works for all those models retroactively. Though there are some texture only belts, which I don't think will work.

All the other pieces are the tricky ones, that only relying on texture. The model is so drastically different that the same texture won't work on it's UV mapping.
    Same as druid forms that also have such a drastic difference in model in respect to texture mapping.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-03 at 03:24 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe it will on the visage form, but not the dragon form, as it is most likely treated as a shapeshift.
    Honestly, I want to play as a dragon. That's the draw. The visage form is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Not even tier set showing would be sinful.

Inb4 people comparing the thing that they are selling us as a race to druids in bear form
    and those people are clowns since there are like 5 skins for bear atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's like druids, guys. Don't set high expectations or you'll be disappointed.
    I absolutely have the same expectations for a new shapeshifting race that I would for, say, Worgen. Something that already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I absolutely have the same expectations for a new shapeshifting race that I would for, say, Worgen. Something that already exists.
    Absolutely. I see no reason why the draconic model couldn't wear full armor other than perhaps boots and a cloak, which would look bad and have clipping issues respectively. That's one solution.

The other solution is to allow players to stay in humanish form all the time, only transforming briefly when they use abilities requiring draconic form.

I'd be fine with either. I'm not fine with being stuck in draconic form without armor.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-05-03 at 03:44 PM.

If the draconic form can't display traditional armor, at the very least I hope they continue to get new armor pieces added via the barbershop, or that their tier sets display additional armor on their draconic form like this thread suggests. I think that'd be an excellent compromise, honestly! They could get really creative with that, though it'd potentially make expanding dracthyr to other classes down the line even more of a challenge, because they'd be pressured to adapt other class's tier sets to the race as well.

Would be kinda silly to make a unique tier set for a class that will only ever fight in dragon form,and then not allow them to wear that armour in dragonform.

The comparison with druids doesn't work as half of the druid class plays in humanoid form. Not allowing evoker tier to be used in dragonform essentially means that the armour appearance is useless

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Absolutely. I see no reason why the draconic model couldn't wear full armor other than perhaps boots and a cloak, which would look bad and have clipping issues respectively. That's one solution.

The other solution is to allow players to stay in humanish form all the time, only transforming briefly when they use abilities requiring draconic form.

I'd be fine with either. I'm not fine with being stuck in draconic form without armor.
    Texture reasons. All other races share similar if not identical UV mapping layout so every texture can be reused on every model without creating a new texture.

Dracthyr, with it's wings, drastically changes the UV mapping so the previous textures won't work. So to make all previous armor pieces work for Dracthyr, they have to remake every single texture out there.

Shoulders, waists and even boots (though the bottom part has to be cut off like previous animal races) will work. If they have a 3d model to them. Texture only boots probably won't work and neither will waists. Depends on how they solved those on previous races though... Wrists should work too if it's solved for waists I imagine.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-03 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

If the fantasy is to be a dragon as both a race and class, let me show off that race with all the armour that comes with the class. This isn't 2004 anymore - we shouldn't have to settle for the Druid treatment (and neither should the Druids, for that matter!).

If you take away the wings and the long arms, they basically look like standing upright raptors with horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    and those people are clowns since there are like 5 skins for bear atm
    The point of the comparison is that zero pieces of your armor shows in bear form. Yes, you have more than one skin for bear, but... you also have a lot of customization for your dracthyr/visage forms. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Honestly, I want to play as a dragon. That's the draw. The visage form is disgusting.
    Yeah but we can almost guess it is going to be so, we can hope to be wrong.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The point of the comparison is that zero pieces of your armor shows in bear form. Yes, you have more than one skin for bear, but... you also have a lot of customization for your dracthyr/visage forms. >_>
    Because armor on bear makes no sense and would be completely worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Rigging isn't the issue, since they've said that shoulders and belts will probably be visible... Which is the only pieces tied to rigging.
    Those are the easy ones to fix. Since it's basically just adding a point at their waist or shoulder where the model attaches itself to and that point has some positional values and scaling to make it fit properly and voila... it works for all those models retroactively. Though there are some texture only belts, which I don't think will work.

All the other pieces are the tricky ones, that only relying on texture. The model is so drastically different that the same texture won't work on it's UV mapping.
    Same as druid forms that also have such a drastic difference in model in respect to texture mapping.
    They have managed in the past with new races, they should manage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    They have managed in the past with new races, they should manage now.
    Previous new races uses the same Texture mapping as previous races. The differences that are there are minor so you can work around it... Dracthyr is vastly different that I find it very hard to do without compromising texture resolution in certain parts, mostly wings, if they were to match all other parts of the model.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-03 at 05:31 PM.