Thread: Dracthyr size

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://theworldofmmo.com/wp-content...f-Warcraft.png
    We also have this shot which makes it seem like the Drac'thyr is not as tall as the white one. Is this just a perception trick because of the zoom/angle?

Linking the visage image again cause I edited into my earlier post: https://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-con...hair_color.jpg
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We have this shot with Visage selected and Dracthyr in the background. That shows them slightly taller then the human worgen form. Character creation screen is clearly not an accurate representation for in-game height.
    Sure, maybe the character creation isn't an accurate representation. But you can't say the banners and background in the character selection don't align. Because they do.

It's also possible that they play a bit with the size on the creation screen because they consider the Drachtyr too have too many details and that we'd benefit from seeing them closer up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Sure, maybe the character creation isn't an accurate representation. But you can't say the banners and background in the character selection don't align. Because they do.
    Okay. I'm not trying to keep claiming that. It seems like it is likely as Tziva stated. They scale things independent of their height in-game so it looks good at creation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

https://theworldofmmo.com/wp-content...f-Warcraft.png
    We also have this shot which makes it seem like the Drac'thyr is not as tall as the white one. Is this just a perception trick because of the zoom/angle?

Linking the visage image again cause I edited into my earlier post: https://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-con...hair_color.jpg

This is a screengrab from retail live. It's important not note that the FOV also changes when you zoom. It's hard to say if there is a camera move as well, I suspect it's both, a subtle camera move combined with a fov change, which alters the size of background objects in relation to the focus character. So yea, I'd say it's just a perception trick here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m also pretty sure the race model is not altered that much in standard view. However, when zoomed in, or their alternate form is shifted into the background, the character sizes are changed.

Regardless, the Dracthyr’s head is past the chandelier, and I know for a fact that Draenei heads don’t come close to that object, even with horns. That’s a tall boy right there.

I was curious about this, it seems like it's the exact same default camera perspective as the Worgen when you switch into bringing the human form into the foreground.

I suppose this could also be used as a reference for scale vs the Worgen. I just don't understand why the characters would feature different scales in character selection vs in-game. It's surely a possibility though.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a screengrab from retail live. It's important not note that the FOV also changes when you zoom. It's hard to say if there is a camera move as well, I suspect it's both, a subtle camera move combined with a fov change, which alters the size of background objects in relation to the focus character. So yea, I'd say it's just a perception trick here.
    Would the visage form appearing to shrinking when that happens be because the height disparity between the two? The worgen human form doesn't seem to shrink when you zoom in to customize the worgens face.

Refercing: https://theworldofmmo.com/wp-content...f-Warcraft.png

Would the visage form appearing to shrinking when that happens be because the height disparity between the two? The worgen human form doesn't seem to shrink when you zoom in to customize the worgens face.

Refercing: https://theworldofmmo.com/wp-content...f-Warcraft.png
    You know, based on all the playing I've been doing in the character select, the height of the camera changes between the worgen and human form of the worgen, there's a part of me that believes because the Dracthyr model is so tall, that it's just the camera moving upward to compensate for the height, which then makes it seem like the visage model is shrinking.

There's no way to test this though, but if you were to adjust the height of the camera, I think both humans would align pretty spot on.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-25 at 04:31 AM.

You're 100% wrong.
    I am partially wrong, which is better than your entirely incorrect science here.

That isn't how the character creation/selection screens work, the background isn't camera linked, the characters are, and their distance and framing are not 1:1, making your results totally unreliable, even just amongst the existing races.

In your "results" you have gnome eye height as above wrist height for Night elves.

Something demonstrably not the case for actual player models (I don't know how you didn't immediately see that gnomes are way too large in your images)

Your human's are tall enough for their eyes to be close to chin height for Night Elves, and nearly as tall as Draenei (almost the same eye height)

which again, is totally wrong:

Each character selection screen is individually scaled, and the camera distance is custom to that model, so it's impossible to tell how large a dracthyr is by the character selection screen images. You are better off just estimating based on the in-game footage that has night elves in it.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-04-25 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Top tier garbage post.

LOL. Okay buddy.

Lets requote what you originally said you being 100% wrong on.

The Dracthyr picture is visibly not the same camera distance or framing, you can see the background banners are a totally different size.
    Which still stands. That comment is 100% wrong. As far as there being inconsistencies between in-game and character selection, that's a completely different conversation that I've already said there probably will be and it's impossible to gauge without proper reference material. So it's a moot point.

LOL. Okay buddy.

Lets requote what you originally said you being 100% wrong on.

Which still stands. That comment is 100% wrong. As far as there being inconsistencies between in-game and character selection, that's a completely different conversation that I've already said there probably will be and it's impossible to gauge without proper reference material. So it's a moot point.
    Ah yes, 50% = 100%, very good math.

It's not a completely different conversation, it was what I said in the post you just quoted, that the camera distance and framing is not the same.

Ah yes, 50% = 100%, very good math.

It's not a completely different conversation, it was what I said in the post you just quoted, that the camera distance and framing is not the same.
    Except they are the same framing and camera distance. But okay, keep arguing this if you want.

The Dracthyr picture is visibly not the same camera distance or framing, you can see the background banners are a totally different size you can see the background banners are a totally different size.
    Stop talking out of your ass.

The only real conversation here is that there are likely inconsistencies between the character selection scale and the actual in-game scale. But that's not what you were originally saying, so don't try to pivot here to save face.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20190420194957

This image here is evidence of that. It's also kind of insane to look at the scale of some of these characters when compared to humans. They tiny.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2022-04-25 at 07:43 AM. Reason: don't use large or disruptive fonts please

Except they are the same framing and camera distance. But okay, keep arguing this if you want.

Stop talking out of your ass.

The only real conversation here is that there are likely inconsistencies between the character selection scale and the actual in-game scale. But that's not what you were originally saying, so don't try to pivot here to save face.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20190420194957

This image here is evidence of that. It's also kind of insane to look at the scale of some of these characters when compared to humans. They tiny.
    They aren't the same framing and camera distance, that's why the races are all different scales. If they were a unified distance and framing, and just inaccurate to in-game scale, they'd still all be the same relative height. They have different relative heights because their cameras are different.

Also, your very poor reading comprehension and (ironically) desperate attempt to save face over a poorly constructed "science" experiment =/= me "pivoting". That is exactly what I originally said. I have not changed what I'm arguing at all.

I said that this whole thing is dumb because they have different camera distances and framing (true, hence why gnomes and humans are huge compared to draenei and night elves) so you can't actually estimate height using these images, and in the original post gave a faulty piece of evidence indicating such. That was pointed out to me by Teriz, before you even posted in the thread, so instead, I made the exact same argument, that they have different camera distances and framing, instead using an alternate piece of evidence (the data from your botched experiment, showing that the camera is not the same between races, making some races much taller or shorter relative to other races than they really are). There was no attempt to pivot.

Memeing the same point over and over ("b-but your original evidence was faulty") isn't doing you any favors when I pointed out it was incorrect in my second post and provided brand new evidence you're desperately trying to ignore. Likewise, linking a height chart that similarly shows humans are tiny compared to night elves and draenei, and further evidences that the character creation screen is not to relative scale, is only reinforcing my entire argument and undermining your whole spiel even further, because again, it shows that the camera setup in the character creation screens are not consistent between races, and make some races seem (relatively) much taller and some seem (relatively) much shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the bickering. You can debate the topic without personal attacks and hostility.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

They aren't the same framing and camera distance, that's why the races are all different scales. If they were a unified distance and framing, and just inaccurate to in-game scale, they'd still all be the same relative height. They have different relative heights because their cameras are different.

Also, your very poor reading comprehension and (ironically) desperate attempt to save face over a poorly constructed "science" experiment =/= me "pivoting". That is exactly what I originally said. I have not changed what I'm arguing at all.

I said that this whole thing is dumb because they have different camera distances and framing (true, hence why gnomes and humans are huge compared to draenei and night elves) so you can't actually estimate height using these images, and in the original post gave a faulty piece of evidence indicating such. That was pointed out to me by Teriz, before you even posted in the thread, so instead, I made the exact same argument, that they have different camera distances and framing, instead using an alternate piece of evidence (the data from your botched experiment, showing that the camera is not the same between races, making some races much taller or shorter relative to other races than they really are). There was no attempt to pivot.

Memeing the same point over and over ("b-but your original evidence was faulty") isn't doing you any favors when I pointed out it was incorrect in my second post and provided brand new evidence you're desperately trying to ignore. Likewise, linking a height chart that similarly shows humans are tiny compared to night elves and draenei, and further evidences that the character creation screen is not to relative scale, is only reinforcing my entire argument and undermining your whole spiel even further, because again, it shows that the camera setup in the character creation screens are not consistent between races, and make some races seem (relatively) much taller and some seem (relatively) much shorter.
    This entire breakdown does nothing but show your lack of understanding how these types of things are built.

Anyone who understands the production side of this can look at it and deduce that they built a singular scene and camera system and just scaled the asset to a size that worked well for what it needed to achieve. While setting camera targets to lerp between for zooming in and out. And they sure as shit aren’t rendering these on different layers. Constructing the system in the way you describe is needless convoluted.

Your entire post is a joke. It’s quite amazing how you can write so much and say so little.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally just having fun with it. Relax.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re still wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nothing really. The game's interiors like houses and inns were designed to have extra high ceilings so that tall characters can enter (even taller than Tauren). And if the draconians forms are too tall for certain location, that's okay. Just toggle to the human form.
    If you enter something your "human" form can enter but your normal form not. I would be great if it auto-toggles.

It would also make sense. If you want to enter an inn for example you want to look kinda polite not like someone that will rip your head off in an instance.

Dracthyr will be the same size as vrykuls i think or close to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    if they aren't tauren/zandalar size they will have serious problems entering buildings, and they said you could stay in dragon form to do shit, having to go into humanoid to enter a place would be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they aren't tauren/zandalar size they will have serious problems entering buildings, and they said you could stay in dragon form to do shit, having to go into humanoid to enter a place would be dumb.
    I could imagine them being a hair taller than Tauren. Since they can’t wear plate armor or ride mounts in Drakthyr forn, they could possibly be able to be slightly larger.

I think the real question is will such a large size help or hinder the popularity of the race. I’m leaning towards believing that them being huge will make them more popular, because that size translates into perceptions of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Dracthyr will be the same size as vrykuls i think or close to that.
    Something the size of Vrykul doing this would be very impressive;