What do you think, which addon was the biggest threat: Cata or Legion(before 7.3)

I mean, in which addon was the most powerful and dangerous enemy and where were we closest to defeat and who took more strength to defeat? In the Cataclysm we fought against the army of Nzoth, in the Legion against the army of demons. To defeat Deathwing, we needed time travel and the whole addon was helped by Aspects and dragons (and the wild gods on Hyjal), to defeat the Legion we ran around the Broken Isles and collected the Pillars of Creation and we were helped by various powerful creatures (wild gods, elemental lords , Titan Keepers) and their armies. Deathwing changed the face of the world and destroyed several locations, the Legion invaded the entire planet and destroyed several locations (although their main forces were concentrated in the Broken Isles). Both addons were completely focused on these threats (unlike other addons where we had to deal with several threats at once), although in Legion we also had to deal with Xavius ​​(he helped the Legion, but was actually loyal to N'zoth).

I'm talking about Legion before 7.3 because we actually defeated (i.e. pushed back) them in 7.2. We got the Pillars of Creation and Kil'jaeden escaped the Tomb of Sargeras after fighting Velen, Khadgar and Illidan. The war could have ended at that moment if we just closed the portal and Illidan didn't create a huge portal to Argus.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I mean, in which addon was the most powerful and dangerous enemy and where were we closest to defeat and who took more strength to defeat? In the Cataclysm we fought against the army of Nzoth, in the Legion against the army of demons. To defeat Deathwing, we needed time travel and the whole addon was helped by Aspects and dragons (and the wild gods on Hyjal), to defeat the Legion we ran around the Broken Isles and collected the Pillars of Creation and we were helped by various powerful creatures (wild gods, elemental lords , Titan Keepers) and their armies. Deathwing changed the face of the world and destroyed several locations, the Legion invaded the entire planet and destroyed several locations (although their main forces were concentrated in the Broken Isles). Both addons were completely focused on these threats (unlike other addons where we had to deal with several threats at once), although in Legion we also had to deal with Xavius ​​(he helped the Legion, but was actually loyal to N'zoth).

I'm talking about Legion before 7.3 because we actually defeated (i.e. pushed back) them in 7.2. We got the Pillars of Creation and Kil'jaeden escaped the Tomb of Sargeras after fighting Velen, Khadgar and Illidan. The war could have ended at that moment if we just closed the portal and Illidan didn't create a huge portal to Argus.

Thoughts?
    I think the Legion. That had an infinite army with many very powerful people in it. I think the powers we gained and the allies in Legion would have easily defeated Deathwing, even without the Dragon Soul.

PS "addon" generally refers to plug-in software like Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, Questhelper, that kind of thing. They are often referred to as mods in other games. What you really mean by "addon" here is "expansion". No big deal, we know what you mean : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I think the Legion. That had an infinite army with many very powerful people in it. I think the powers we gained and the allies in Legion would have easily defeated Deathwing, even without the Dragon Soul.

PS "addon" generally refers to plug-in software like Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, Questhelper, that kind of thing. They are often referred to as mods in other games. What you really mean by "addon" here is "expansion". No big deal, we know what you mean : )
    I don't really remember any powerful demons appearing in the Legion other than Kiljaeden. Archimonde was dead and Mannoroth was nowhere to be seen. Deathwing at least had Ragnaros and Chromatus.

I highly doubt we could have defeated Deathwing without Dragon Soul. Archimonde himself believed that his strength was nothing against the backdrop of the Dragon Soul

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Adon

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post

no way anything in legion was on the raw destructive power of deathwing(besides sargeras or some star wars level spaceship lasers),the dragon soul was a tactical nuke and it didnt even finish him by itself

On paper it's definitely Legion - how could it not be, they're marching across multiple universes to threaten reality itself, rather than just dealing with some bad weather on one tiny planet.

As to what FELT like a bigger threat... definitely Deathwing. We actually saw stuff happening. Almost the entire world changed. Much of it IS STILL changed.

The actual effect of Legion was mild by comparison. An inconvenience every now and then in zones on one small continent. It felt nowhere near what the idea of a cosmos-wide crusade of evil might suggest, and was just a plot device with very little real impact.