Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    No we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I liked Legion way more in that regard. You actually felt happy when you got one. I didn't get my bis until 1 week before it got nerfed but still (moonkin).

But still. The moment you got one... the feeling was really good.
    The feeling of getting the wrong or a sub-optimal Legendary was absolutely crushing. Actually probably the worst feeling in the game because you knew it meant you were another 2+ weeks away from the next one and it could also be terrible. I got the neck as my first Legiondary and it was one of the least positive experiences I'd ever had in this game. RNG Legendaries were a complete disaster and the only reason anybody remember Legion fondly is because of recency bias and the fact that they remember 7.3 when you could buy your Legendaries off a vendor. The poor reception of early Legion is precisely the reason we got deterministic Legendaries this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dafuq is this thread.

My take - no. It is by far the best Legendary acquisition system there is so far and I would not mind it going forward with some tweaks/evolution.

Uhmm no, it didn't fail. It was quite good actually.

I don't see any problem on spending gold ond stuff you actually want. It gives a purpose to it, and other than gold sink mounts, gold has had real no purpose for decades.

The only problem I see is that you can get gold with real money... but that's a different issue, just correlated.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You're gonna love the next expansion.
    They already said we wont have legendaries so i'm not sure what you mean. If you are talking about the new crafting system thats a different beast. They already said there is going to be some sort of cap too how many crafted items you can have on, meaning if you are a druid with leatherworking you can probably make the items yourself.

If you need a ring/neck legendary because it suddenly got buffed and you have leatherworking though? Tough luck - give out those 200k.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I liked Legion way more in that regard. You actually felt happy when you got one. I didn't get my bis until 1 week before it got nerfed but still (moonkin).

But still. The moment you got one... the feeling was really good.
    Ah yes. That feeling of absolute joy when you loot Sephuz's as your first one, especially when playing a spec that highly depended on a specific legendary to perform, like Fire or Unholy.

Legendary lottery was one of the most universally disliked features of Legion. So much that they didn't even bother with them in BfA until easily obtainable and upgradable cape in the last patch.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-05 at 08:23 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    Thing is, if you buy tokens and cash them in for gold, someone else is grinding the gold for you.

That said, the crafting part is definitely a failure. For one thing it's deeply unfair for those on small servers, where the limited supply keeps prices up (good for the crafters, I guess) - on my little next-to-no-progression server (US) i291 plate pieces go for 50-75K right now. On Illidan (US) they go for 20-22K. For another, as you noted it's not good for those playing off-specs or alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Um.. no? The difference between a max ilvl legendary and an affordable one is probably minuscule. I'd say this is more a matter of false perception driving people to spend $$ than anything else. I wound up waiting until prices dropped, and my dps never suffered for it.
    It can be over 30 ilevels, and for some legendaries all the choices are in slots with average to high stat budgets. Accepting a non-maximum legendary definitely affects your performance - my alt Shaman has a terrible off-spec (healing) legendary, and is noticeably a bit weaker than my other Shaman that has otherwise similar (possibly worse) gear when in that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by B01L View Post
    I just want some quality quest chains that allow me to update my Fangs of the Father to be relevant in future expansions...!
    Ouh, that is a nice Idea, even i dont play a rogue. But it would fit perfect for DF, if you are able to upgrade your Leggy Daggers. But i see the Problem, that people complain about farm them in old content mimimi, and if blizz says "Just people who obatin them in cata/mop are able to upgrade them" people would mimimi about not have a chance to get them these days. But i would be fine with that idea, if the leggy daggers are just a nice advantage in the first weeks of the addon, and get replaced by regular weapons soon.

SL Leggys are okay. To expensive and way to bad balanced. Idea was good, implementation was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes, yes it did... I was looking forward to crafting my own and such. But when I saw I had to create the same piece over and over to fill up a bar to learn next ilvl it killed the profession for me.

I don't mind grinding to craft something. Grinding to craft something that you also have to grind crafting is just no no no.
    I totally agree. At first I thought "Hey, crafting will be worth doing again!". Then I found out about the XP bar. Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ah yes. That feeling of absolute joy when you loot Sephuz's as your first one, especially when playing a spec that highly depended on a specific legendary to perform, like Fire or Unholy.

Legendary lottery was one of the most universally disliked features of Legion. So much that they didn't even bother with them in BfA until easily obtainable and upgradable cape in the last patch.
    My first one was NORGAMEME, i got fire bracers on xmas day 2016 and crushed meters in EN, then fire got nerfed to the ground because devs listened to trade chat and had to go frost for NH
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

I actually like sephuz and used it a lot.

Still liked EVERY single leggo system more than the bullshit Buy your own Leggo we have now.

Legendaries should be legendary... 1 or 2 per expansion max. Cape from Mop should never have been a legendary at all.

Well what's the point of writing this thread if you're gonna diss that you CAN make gold easily?
    So no, I disagree with you. The emissary is a few quests a day that you can sometimes line up for more than one emissary. It gets you 1.5k g / one emmisary. Plus the occasional paragon of 3.5-4.5k gold.
    I'm the type of player who was dead broke in Cata for example, I only had enough to repair and nothing else. And just with the emissaries (not even doing all of them and on ONE character only) I can sustain my expenses pretty well and have left money to bid on some Black AH stuff (actually managed to spend 500k gold for a pair of glasses and 300k on a guitar weapon). And so far I've crafted and recrafted several legendries. Which means that you can probably do with 1-2 emissaries per week for more than enough gold.
    People who cba to do even that probably don't have enough time to play in general. The game isn't designed and it was never designed for raid logging only, especially nowadays when they expect you to do some M+ too to fill in those slots for the vault. Yes, we have raid loggers too in our raid but we're basically carrying them. They're also the ones who, you guessed it, don't craft legendaries and have super low ranks on them.
    Personally, I find that if you can't invest a little more time to do a dungeon a week and a few quests for gold, you shouldn't be playing this game. It's most likely that it isn't fun for you and everyone who has to carry you sort of hates you. Unless you raid normal or LFR, in which case you don't need lengendaries max rank and probably no one expects you to do that either.

Also, as a side note. I get that different people want different things, but this is getting ridiculous.
    - Crafting sucks, give us better crafting and gear that lasts for more than the first moth of a patch
    - RNG sucks, give us a way to earn currency to buy our gear
    - Valut sucks, it's too much RNG even with several options
    - Grinding sucks, who even has time for grinding (for whatever currency, gold included)
    - Buying gear for score sucks because people buy boosts for it
    - RNG legendaries suck, Legiondaries was the worst thing ever

So which way, pray tell, would be desirable for you to get gear?
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-05-05 at 09:38 AM.

Legendaries needs to go back to simple rare occurrence of a quest where a guild works up to it. Lets face it these legendaries are just in color, but they are just epic crafted gear, that is more desired then the average epic crafted gear.

Its not cool or prestigious or legendary. Nobody goes wow you made this or your guild made this! No its just mandatory gear thay everyone needs and get. Its an epic, like your set bonus. If they want more effect on gear, they can add it to epic quality like they used to for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Legendaries needs to go back to simple rare occurrence of a quest where a guild works up to it. Lets face it these legendaries are just in color, but they are just epic crafted gear, that is more desired then the average epic crafted gear.

Its not cool or prestigious or legendary. Nobody goes wow you made this or your guild made this! No its just mandatory gear thay everyone needs and get. Its an epic, like your set bonus. If they want more effect on gear, they can add it to epic quality like they used to for weapons.
    I think they should just be removed. Even legendary items like dragonswrath sucked since classes eventually got balanced around them.

Just make the class kits good and give epic loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is by far the best Legendary acquisition system there is so far and I would not mind it going forward with some tweaks/evolution.
    just because it's the best itteration, doesn't mean it was good. the most polished turd is still a turd. and those pseudo-talent legendaries were just that, regardless of how you aquired them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think they should just be removed. Even legendary items like dragonswrath sucked since classes eventually got balanced around them.

Just make the class kits good and give epic loot.
    Yes, let's keep removing fun things from the game. That'll work!
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yes, let's keep removing fun things from the game. That'll work!
    What's fun about it be specific.

I`ve yet to craft a single one, just a cumbersome and uninteresting system.
    As broken as Legion`s acquisition method was, i prefer it to how it is currently.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What backing is that..?
    WoW has always been "grindy". And while you might find that dull and boring, a lot of people enjoy that about it. It is a big part of why Classic has enjoyed so much success.

Is it the same backing as "muh meaningful choices" that saw most specs aligning with massive majorities all being the same covenant/soulbinds?
    I am not sure why you think that has relevance to what I was talking about. I mean, sure, you could argue that this was a problem with the powers offered by Shadowlands' legendaries, but I think the real focus of the OP was with how they are acquired. That is what I was talking about at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of course it failed miserably. Blizz really pushed those p2w elements by making gold a necessary resource for any and all legendaries. But at least token sales went up I'm sure
    It's not p2w when it is trivially acquired in game without having to spend money. And no, it probably had a negligible effect on token sales.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2022-05-05 at 01:38 PM.

i agree. my prblem is purely for the crafting aspect. throwing millions of gold out the window because i like to play alts is retarded. also the actual effects are pretty mediocre. and recycled ones from legion are even weaker

everything needed to craft an item should have come from torghast