Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Made enough gold to fund next expansion through legendaries.
    I couldn't afford the almost 1 million gold required to craft them, so I just spend 300k gold all up buying them.

The failure wasn't in the legendary, it was in the daft method used to craft them - it meant that for the first time they had crafted legendary items - most couldn't actually craft them.

What they SHOULD have done was have the pattern learning for making the BoE versions, and allow everyone to make their own BoP ones.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'd taken even the early legion legendaries over the current ones any day. Mid to late legion trumps any of the versions introduced sine then easily as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the REAL question is: will it cost more players that are sick of such a greedy game design, and therefore profit, than it brings profit with sold tokens?
    Fully agreed. While I'm sure that Blizzard must have made some nifty $$ out of all those sweet, sweet token sales, the backlash must have been harsh enough for them to be dropping (apparently) that particular monetization scheme in Dragonflight.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This thread is hilarious... You can easily see who the buyers are and who the sellers are...
    Understandable, you're making millions and some billions from the leggos...
    I've seen the spreadsheets lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea and all but the people making money stop paying their subs and only pay it with gold.
    ooomph, it seems you fail hard in understanding smart cash grab systems. ouch.

so here is the dummy explanation:

every token ever passing the AH makes Blizz 8 bugs for doing nothing, by an automated system.

why is this?
    because before one of the ppls you mentioned can pay their sub with a token, instead of 12 bugs of real money, they have to buy a token from the AH by gold. at that moment it’s a loss for Blizz of 12 bugs. but before this can happen and you can get a token from the AH, for gold, ANOTHER person had to put a token into the AH. only when that happened, you can buy a token by gold from the AH. that said second person, that putted that token into the AH, paid 20 bugs for a token and putted the token into the AH, to get gold. at that moment Blizz earned 20 bugs.

so, as soon as you realize that for EVERY single person A (buying a token for gold from AH, to pay the sub, which is -12 bugs for Blizz), ANOTHER person B had paid +20 bugs for Blizz (to buy a token from shop and put it into the AH, to get gold) BEFORE, as soon you wil realize: Blizz gets 8 bugs profit for free, just by watching sellers and buyers, using an automated system.

that’s why it’s called SMART cash grab systems.

you can now think about what a company can do with such systems, when controlling the game design and the gold flow/income and is able to adjust both.

an example:
    you could do a game design, supporting such a system. means: you create a game design that supports many token transactions (tokens passing the AH). remember: 8 bugs for free, for every token transfer. in example by creating situations for ppls they quickly need a bunch of gold, let’s say by some required high priced items. let’s call them leggymats. oh wait…

just imagine it’s your game and your system and you control both ends of it. you can adjust everything perfectly. calc it by your own…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Fully agreed. While I'm sure that Blizzard must have made some nifty $$ out of all those sweet, sweet token sales, the backlash must have been harsh enough for them to be dropping (apparently) that particular monetization scheme in Dragonflight.
    they will drop THIS form of it.

but, as i explained and as you can see in my above post, it’s always lucrative to „touch“ that specific line (until token profit is no longer a gain, or even enough to compensate the corresponding player/sub loss). so, their monetization team will always aim for it and try to get near that line. in DF they just not „cross“ that line (which is a loss, as SL showed clearly). therefore they will soften that crossing point and just „hide“ that line anywhere else (instead of expensive leggy mats).

that’s for 100% sure. you will see it when DF gets towards release. no company NOT does this, in Blizzards position. because at release you have the max amount of players. you will burst the profit upfront.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-06-19 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    Bro...XD DID YOU JUST SAY CRAFTERS DONT MAKE GOLD? PEOPLE GROSSED 200 MILLION GOLD IN SEASON DUE TO LEGO'S.

Im sorry but holly fuck. Its crazy people still think crafters dont make gold on items like lego's. Even to this day the undercut competition and margins exist.

Which again also makes lego's even more toxic because its now AH bot infested/no lifing who only sell who can undercut for 16 hours a day or more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

every token ever passing the AH makes Blizz 8 bugs for doing nothing, by an automated system.
    I know we should't correct other people's spelling mistakes (because knowledge is evil apparently), but since you've been doing it so consistently I feel like someone needs to point out that it's spelled "buck", not "bug". https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/dollar

I agree though, Blizzard makes bank on token sales and the likes. In general every of their fees are simply outlandish in contrash to things like the box price.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I just don't believe them to be honest. That or they will make something more egregious.

I don't get people who give blizzard the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I didn't like crafted legendaries the way they implemented them. They cost way too much gold.

They should have made it so all reagents required to craft legendaries were acquired through playing the game without spending excessive amounts of gold. So you go M+, raid or pvp, do it a few times and have enough reagents, then go to some NPC and craft legendary of your choice.

so here is the dummy explanation:
    You have no insight into how the system works. Blizzard could be printing gold out of thin air for all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I know we should't correct other people's spelling mistakes (because knowledge is evil apparently), but since you've been doing it so consistently I feel like someone needs to point out that it's spelled "buck", not "bug". https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/dollar

I agree though, Blizzard makes bank on token sales and the likes. In general every of their fees are simply outlandish in contrash to things like the box price.
    oh god. you are totally right! i used „bugs“ in all the last posts all the way. omfg. ofc „bucks“. jesus christ, sorry! not realized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You have no insight into how the system works. Blizzard could be printing gold out of thin air for all you know.
    that’s quite right. i don’t work at blizz. but i know exactly how these systems works, since i developed at such systems in the past. and tbh, smart cash grab systems like this, monetization wise, work all the same way as far as i can see this.

Honestly they could have put less choices and remove the different ilvl options for the crafting piece and it would have been a good system. It would have felt like a big talent row or an essence from BfA.

I like diablo immortal implementation of legendaries and it made me regret how bfa azerite armor was implemented... it could have been simpler and it would have worked greatly.

I'd love if belts, bracers and boots could work as a customisable gear in the future

I think Blizzard have led players so far down the rabbit hole, that even the worst systems seem fine. Even Blizzard themselves are too far-gone to see the mess they've made of the game by introducing so many systems and grinds with veteran players in mind while ignoring newer players, casual players and of course alts. The requirement is forced upon players and the game gobbles up massive amounts of time without really being impressive on it's own.

Point is, we all spend thunderfury time to make these legendaries, they ARE pretty damn hardcore to craft yourself and they have no prestige AT ALL. -Everyone has one. Infact, everyone has two so pushing alts through Zerith Mortis is something I can barely bring myself to do. Blizzard can't pull away from this archaic system as they have zero creativity and while the money comes in Blizzard must surely expect that everyone enjoys the convoluted systems which bring no real joy to the game, nor does anything to bring gamers together. -Just more disparity and poorly thought-out "systems" for all (are forced) to "enjoy".