Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    https://gprivate.com/5yzb0 info you might want to have
    Oopsie.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now is the time to come out from the shadows and confess - who asked for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    https://gprivate.com/5yzb0 info you might want to have
    dafuq. i just don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Also of note porting a game to PC that was developed as a mobile game... come on, educate yourself PsychoSe7eN.
    Porting to PC isn't necessarily a bad thing - Angry Birds did it (until they PTW'ed themselves to death with AB2), and Fallout Shelter was done well.

I'm not interested in a "mobile', ie. limited version of Diablo, I want the real thing, so this was a hard nope from me, from the beginning. I don't mobile game. But that's me, so I don't really care if anyone does play this, or likes it. Or if it succeeds, or fails.

I've replaced Diablo III with PoE, for now, really enjoying it. But it's not for everyone. I'll wait for D4 to finally release sometime in the '30's before I consider re-installing the Blizzard launcher again.

They're releasing it for PC for those few backwards millennials who still think "gamer" is a personality.

earlier then expected,i'll check it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not have PCs?

Wait....it's coming to PC aswell!? POG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I thought Immortal should have been an expansion for 3.

Not a standalone game
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I will definitely try it out. Also its pretty cool they added WASD controls as well.

so is this a trashy p2w cash grab or a real game?

Great, its Diablo 3 but worse. Cant wait.

Glad they're bringing it to PC.

But really, what matters is how Pay to Win it is. How bogged down in microtransactions it is.

"Reroll your item drops for 10 Horadric Coins!" "Buy a pack of Scroll of Town Portal for only $0.99!" "Cross-character shared Stash space is only available to Premium Players. Buy 30 days for $1.99!"

I played the game, and it isn't a limited diablo 3. It is more like a diablo 3.5 with triple activities. And the monetization isn't clear, but it seems to be skins and more dungeon runs to level your gem.

And it is like Lost Ark in the social aspect (MMO), that's why it needed another game. In fact, I wonder if Immortal will compete with Diablo 4 because they have the same audience (in theory)
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-04-26 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I played the game, and it isn't a limited diablo 3. It is more like a diablo 3.5 with triple activities. And the monetization isn't clear, but it seems to be skins and more dungeon runs to level your gem.

And it is like Lost Ark in the social aspect (MMO), that's why it needed another game. In fact, I wonder if Immortal will compete with Diablo 4 because they have the same audience (in theory)
    Monetisation isn't clear? Monetisation is brutally clear for all but the most casual play. Spend money or you're going nowhere.

I do like some of the activities in the game but the overlap with D3 is painfully clear. It won't compete with D4 unless D4 is equally heavily monetized with microtransactions, which would be received just as badly as the original announcement of DI was.

Immortal is mechanically fantastic, easily one of the best looking and playing games released on phone to date. But it's completely hollow in progression, with a clear emphasis on paying to progress. It's a game that could have been one of the best of the platform, ruined by greed like so many others. If only they made it fun first then worried about money, but games simply don't do that anymore - especially on phone.

There's still time to fix it, but when whales pay many times more than the rest of the population combined, it's simply too lucrative to cater to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Glad they're bringing it to PC.

But really, what matters is how Pay to Win it is. How bogged down in microtransactions it is.

"Reroll your item drops for 10 Horadric Coins!" "Buy a pack of Scroll of Town Portal for only $0.99!" "Cross-character shared Stash space is only available to Premium Players. Buy 30 days for $1.99!"
    It's not really that sort of convenience, although there is some. It's more like "it will take you 6 months to catch up with someone who paid and took 2 weeks... Oh, and you can't get the better gem types at all without paying, and you can't get fully decked without paying SHITLOADS.

There's the normal (now) monthly stipend that lets youfeel like you're progressing at all, then there's the whalebait that lets you actually progress.

Of course, all of this comes with a lengthy lead-in to hook you, where the game is actually very fun. If you just play for that bit, where Blizzard is letting you play and enjoy yourself, youll have a good time. Just not long term unless you've got more money than sense.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-04-26 at 06:41 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Horadrim set? Tmog for wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Have you missed all the outrage over "Do you not have phones?". People got upset that it wasn't coming for PC. Blizzard just listened.

Personally I'll be waiting for Diablo 4.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Lol this community is sad. Crying when it was mobile only. Crying now that it is on PC.

It really isn't worth being a game developer these days. Doomed if you do, Doomed if you don't.
    The vast majority of people I've spoken to or seen talking about it are glad that it's coming out on PC, so they don't have to fuck about with emulators. Don't take the handful of haters too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The vast majority of people I've spoken to or seen talking about it are glad that it's coming out on PC, so they don't have to fuck about with emulators. Don't take the handful of haters too seriously.
    Nobody even in this thread complained about it coming out on PC; people like the guy you quoted are just stupid and think that nobody should ever complain about anything, because that's how you get what you want.

The only posts in this thread fall under the headings of
    1. Wow, they actually put it on pc.. unexpected!
    2. Holy fuck this game is unbelievably pay-2-win, it won't be any better because it is on pc
    3. "lol don't you have phones.. i mean pcs"-related memes.

The complaint in 2 has nothing to do with complaining about it being on pc, and everything to do with it being a piece of shit whale-bait game after the first week of play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    the game was designed from the ground up as a mobile experience

mobile games are designed to farm money from you from the outset, they are lesser experiences in every way to a title built on a proper platform, it is pay to win

mobile games are designed for two groups of people

first group: his name is gerald, gerald doesn't play video games, gerald chain smokes 2 packs of dusty menthols per day and rips a vape pen while inside the building of his retail job, gerald pulls out his phone on his smoke break and drops a dollar or two on his MoBiLe ExPeRiEnCe while he sucks down his cigarette, when gerald gets home he walks passed his wife who is also playing on her phone and sits down on the toilet, and guess what, he pulls out his phone and drops another few dollars on whatever stupid ass "game" he's playing at the time, multiply this daily routine (and trust me, gerald is a creature of habit) by 31 and before you know it this fuck has spent 100 dollars a month on clash of diablo or whatever (he doesn't know the name of the "game")

second group: a chinese worker with an 8 hour train commute to work

you should also not be concerned with this game, your wife's boyfriend isn't going to allow you to spend enough money in this shit game to be competitive with your my little pony profile picture and mmo champion premium

imagine being so disconnected from the real world you have a fucking mmo champion premium account