Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ive been looking forward to this and wow on my phone, now i can lay on my bed and play

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Lol this community is sad. Crying when it was mobile only. Crying now that it is on PC.

It really isn't worth being a game developer these days. Doomed if you do, Doomed if you don't.
    I can't speak for everyone but personally why I hated the announcement in 2018 is because of the predatory business model most phone games have. And I checked out the beta and it does have the terrible monetization everyone assumed it would have. The fact that it's on phones or PC isn't relevant when I just can't play it because I know myself and I'd play it for free / light spending for a few months then get frustrated enough and that I'd spend hundreds to progress legendary gems faster. Then soon after I'd hate myself for spending way too much on a shitty game and I'd quit. It's probably best if I skip to that part and just not play.

Also of note porting a game to PC that was developed as a mobile game... come on, educate yourself PsychoSe7eN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Also of note porting a game to PC that was developed as a mobile game... come on, educate yourself PsychoSe7eN.
    Worked out great for genshin impact!

Anyway I'm excited, but I don't actually... play diablo as a long term/seasonal thing. I'll play for the story and then move on like I did with diablo 3 and I will do with Diablo 4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The beta was _incredibly_ pay to win. Calling this "optional in game purchases" is completely nonsensical.

I realise that this is the case for every mobile game, but just in case anyone had any ideas to the contrary because it's Blizzard or something, it's not.

You will not be competitive in this game without putting a LOT of money into the game. Don't even consider thinking you will be. You can play casually, and it's quite a good experience as a casual player, but some of the biggest systems in the game are competitive and you will not enjoy them if you don't pay a shitload of money. This includes your every day standard PvP, but it also includes the PvPvE style content with immortals and shadows, and everything in between.

Here's a video of a guy who's been playing since the alpha that goes through how pay to win affects this game. He writes for Maxroll.gg and will be paying to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwn-aVc13VY

Unless the monetisation of this game has MASSIVELY changed since the beta shut, don't go into it without expecting to pay like a Lost Ark whale or barely progress. It is not even just "it's totally fine to free-to-play, you can just do in 18 months what a whale can pay for in 3 seconds"; there are certain things that are _literally_ not available without paying money. You need some things that are not available except through money.
    Sounds good, I have zero interest in PvP Or PvEvP. I am a 100% PvE player, so hearing that all the p2w is focused on Player interactions means I will enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    Tell that to your shareholders behind closed doors, but not to your "fans" xD
    So you think the only fans deserving of games are PC and/or console gamers? I'm a fan and was excited to see a mobile entry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Guess they were worried about not everyone having mobile phones?
    Nope, saw the amount of interest of PC player(many of whom poo pooed the game) wanting to emulate it on PC. So they decided to just do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    there's Genshin Impact, Bloons Tower Defense 6, and Bloons Adventure Time Tower Defense
    Hearthstone too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Hmm play Diablo 3 -1.0 or continue playing Diablo 2R.. Yeah pretty obvious here
    Yup, Diablo Immortal. Already played D2 20 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Its not. Diablo Immortal is built using NetEase's Messiah game engine. (This was publically announced relatively early on) I imagine the reason that Blizzard opted to do this rather than use the D3 engine is that Messiah was already optimized for phones. I also have a feeling that a big portion of the actual game development was done by NetEase and not Blizzard but we have no way of knowing the answer to that question.

Edit: Early on there were comparisons made between DI and Crusaders of Light (Another NetEase game). Crusaders is basically a mobile wow clone but its UI and a lot of it features bear many striking similarities to DI. Some have suggested Blizzard just took Crusaders of Light, gutted it, and then used it as a starting point.
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYauEfO3gYs)

Very interesting
    I mean every mobile ARPG uses that UI and they all pretty much look the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Wait, it's for PC as well now? Now that's a surprise. Is this the first time they announce that? You'd think a detail like that would have been announced ages a go.

Either way, I'm going to remain very skeptical on how it's going to play. It's still a Diablo game that's primarily made for phones, and apparently has a cross-platform support. That part with cross-platform scares me. Because it's going to have to be just as playable with a phone, as it is with a PC. I don't like the implications of that.
    Games like diablo actually play rather well on phones and consoles, log onto d3 right now and look at how many abilities youve got. and as someone who has played it on console, in a lot of ways its better on console then on pc, in other ways like placing aoes at very specific locations? not as good..

But nah mate, top down shooters work very well on phones and consoles, there is a reason they were one of the big starters when touch phones first became a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It'll be a fun little game for the remaining whales to spend a bit of cash on. Blizzard did not hold back with those legendary gems.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Games like diablo actually play rather well on phones and consoles, log onto d3 right now and look at how many abilities youve got. and as someone who has played it on console, in a lot of ways its better on console then on pc, in other ways like placing aoes at very specific locations? not as good..

But nah mate, top down shooters work very well on phones and consoles, there is a reason they were one of the big starters when touch phones first became a thing.
    I was only able to enjoy D3 on console, yeah. Did not enjoy that click and point movement and combat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The beta was _incredibly_ pay to win. Calling this "optional in game purchases" is completely nonsensical.

I realise that this is the case for every mobile game, but just in case anyone had any ideas to the contrary because it's Blizzard or something, it's not.

You will not be competitive in this game without putting a LOT of money into the game. Don't even consider thinking you will be. You can play casually, and it's quite a good experience as a casual player, but some of the biggest systems in the game are competitive and you will not enjoy them if you don't pay a shitload of money. This includes your every day standard PvP, but it also includes the PvPvE style content with immortals and shadows, and everything in between.

Here's a video of a guy who's been playing since the alpha that goes through how pay to win affects this game. He writes for Maxroll.gg and will be paying to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwn-aVc13VY

Unless the monetisation of this game has MASSIVELY changed since the beta shut, don't go into it without expecting to pay like a Lost Ark whale or barely progress. It is not even just "it's totally fine to free-to-play, you can just do in 18 months what a whale can pay for in 3 seconds"; there are certain things that are _literally_ not available without paying money. You need some things that are not available except through money.
    yep, imo this will also be much much more of a problem than the „we dont want a mobile game“ problem. DI will be completely based on smart cash grab systems and Hearthstone or even Lost Ark will look tiny in comparison, in this regards.

as you said: DI will try everything in every corner to grab your money out of your pocktes. it will be HUGE pay to win. if ppl complain about Lost Ark pay to win, they will get a whole new level of experience with DI.

in short: the problem of the game is not it’s mobile base ground. it’s maximum pay to win design, a game completelly based on smart cash grab systems, will be it’s problem (for the players, ofc not for Blizz ).

so: if you like pay to win, like being a whale in Lost Ark, and invest huge amounts of money into a game, you will love DI. if you don’t, DI is not for you.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-25 at 07:39 PM.

Play it or don't. No sense in arguing about it. Everyone knows what it is about at this point. You either agree or disagree. There is nothing new to add to the argument.

Well, would you look at this. The same people who were bitching about it being mobile-only STILL have problems with it now that they've decided to make it available on PC. What a shocker. As if the disingenuousness of the uproar over "don't you have phones" wasn't obvious from the get-go. You never cared about Diablo Immortal. You cared about having something to be pissed at. Because THAT is your actual hobby, not gaming. Working yourself up into a rage about whatever game falls into your crosshairs.

Well, I just never cared about this game until today, since I don't play mobile games. Now I am actually excited, gonna have to check out some gameplay vids and such.

diablo immortal lmao, dont you guys have phones???

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ile base ground. it’s maximum pay to win design, a game completelly based on smart cash grab systems, will be it’s problem (for the players, ofc not for Blizz ).

so: if you like pay to win, like being a whale in Lost Ark, and invest huge amounts of money into a game, you will love DI. if you don’t, DI is not for you.
    Thats just BS. I'm not into mobile gaming but from time to time I like to try some mobile games and I never pay for anything in them. And even with some P2W cash grabs I still had some fun if the gameplay was somehow entertaining. I just don't care about rankings or going fast in them.
    I'm just playing at my own peace.

Same will be with DI, I'm pretty sure Im going to give it I try. If it will be fun to play I'm gonna stick to it for awhile and just uninstall when I get bored with it. Plenty of players like me who don't give a damn about those shops and other players (idc about PVP in mobile games either).

Who even cares about this? It's a cheap watered-down version of Diablo 3.

Will probably give it a look, bonus points for being on PC as well. Eternium plays well on both so i don't see it being ported as a negative, although some specs work better than others on pc / mobile.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Good. No desire whatsoever to be 'competitive.' Just would like to casually kill monsters now and then.
    My thoughts exactly. This is going to be an awesome game to kill time with and enjoy in my spare time, nothing more.

You negative nancies actually look for crap to complain about because there is nothing justified here to whine about unless you are craving attention.

Give me a break people. Get a life. Grow up.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-04-25 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Thats just BS. I'm not into mobile gaming but from time to time I like to try some mobile games and I never pay for anything in them. And even with some P2W cash grabs I still had some fun if the gameplay was somehow entertaining. I just don't care about rankings or going fast in them.
    I'm just playing at my own peace.

Same will be with DI, I'm pretty sure Im going to give it I try. If it will be fun to play I'm gonna stick to it for awhile and just uninstall when I get bored with it. Plenty of players like me who don't give a damn about those shops and other players (idc about PVP in mobile games either).
    yeah, ofc it depends how (much) you play the game. someone doing some battles in Hearthstone or just fighting a few hours through Lost Ark will invest no money. it all depends on what players we declare here and how these players get fun out of their game. in example you don’t need to be level 60 to have fun in WoW. you also dont need 260+ gear, or play much and max content in endgame. you can log in once a week and play LFR for 1 hour. ppl can ofc have fun with this.

but don’t assume, to play the ass out of Di, without investing (much) money.

so, yes, ofc you are right: you CAN have some fun with games like DI, without investing money. it all depends on how you play the game. but i also never said this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I mean every mobile ARPG uses that UI and they all pretty much look the same.
    I can't speak for those making the claims back then but I think it was a lot less about it being a generic touch control scheme for a mobile game and more to do with it having a lot of very similar specific design elements. (For example, two side by side dedicated potion buttons).

We will never know for sure though. All we do know, is that Blizzard has partnered with NetEase on this and both games are developed in the same engine using roughly the same control scheme. Though they also do have significant differences such as Crusaders not being locked to isomorphic view like Diablo.