Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, Diablo Immortal. Already played D2 20 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

And Diablo 2R is still going to be far better than Immortal in every single way

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    you should also not be concerned with this game, your wife's boyfriend isn't going to allow you to spend enough money in this shit game to be competitive with your my little pony profile picture and mmo champion premium

imagine being so disconnected from the real world you have a fucking mmo champion premium account
    First of all, I'm happily single and have no interest in getting married, so I get to spend my money on whatever I want. Secondly, I don't give a shit about being competitive, I'll really only play this game for fun if it's fun, and never drop a dollar on it. And thirdly, why the fuck shouldn't I support a website I use frequently, and who are you to judge me for it? Ah yes, the person who judges me based on a sarcastic and snarky avatar that I think looks funny. If you watch it for a little bit, you'll see it roll its eyes at you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The vast majority of people I've spoken to or seen talking about it are glad that it's coming out on PC, so they don't have to fuck about with emulators. Don't take the handful of haters too seriously.
    I would be really surprised if it would not just run on a built-in an optimized emulator. Which is of course still better than not having on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    I would be really surprised if it would not just run on a built-in an optimized emulator. Which is of course still better than not having on PC.
    Oh, absolutely. It makes loads of sense for Blizzard to be the ones to push this, since they have access to the source code and can likely make a better emulator than any fan-attempts. This means that the game will be viewed more positively by the PC crowd, since it should be less buggy and more functional. Should being the key-word, here. It had to actually run well and feel fun, ultimately, but that's every game at the end of the day.

First of all, I'm happily single and have no interest in getting married, so I get to spend my money on whatever I want. Secondly, I don't give a shit about being competitive, I'll really only play this game for fun if it's fun, and never drop a dollar on it. And thirdly, why the fuck shouldn't I support a website I use frequently, and who are you to judge me for it? Ah yes, the person who judges me based on a sarcastic and snarky avatar that I think looks funny. If you watch it for a little bit, you'll see it roll its eyes at you.
    i'm sorry if you want to continue to debate me you'll need to drop into the tristram shop and purchase 50 deckard dollars

download the app and use code ZOLARIS20 for a FREE energy refill, 20 thousand crystals and a FREE rare item!

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    i'm sorry if you want to continue to debate me you'll need to drop into the tristram shop and purchase 50 deckard dollars

download the app and use code ZOLARIS20 for a FREE energy refill, 20 thousand crystals and a FREE rare item!
    LOL, okay that was pretty good. Maybe if I become a streamer I can get sponsored too!

LOL, okay that was pretty good. Maybe if I become a streamer I can get sponsored too!
    okay i like you lol, your pony has earned my respect

Did I miss it or has there not been any marketing for this? Gameplay, trailers, etc? Do we know any of the lore/story. When does this take place in the Diablo timeline?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    okay i like you lol, your pony has earned my respect
    o7 Thank you.

On topic though, I agree with your previous point that it's mostly gonna be monetized like crazy. I'm definitely not a fan of that. My only hope is that a casual experience is still fun and enjoyable, and they don't have a billion fucking pop-ups asking you to buy shit like Raid Shadow Legends. If it's a good, satisfying hack-and-slash experience in a dark and gritty world with characters we know and love, then I'll at least try it. But if it's completely laden with things to slow you down artificially and gate your play behind paywalls, then I'll probably drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Did I miss it or has there not been any marketing for this? Gameplay, trailers, etc? Do we know any of the lore/story. When does this take place in the Diablo timeline?
    It's apparently between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, and you'll be questing with Deckard Cain. Not sure about the rest.

the game was designed from the ground up as a mobile experience

mobile games are designed to farm money from you from the outset, they are lesser experiences in every way to a title built on a proper platform, it is pay to win

mobile games are designed for two groups of people

first group: his name is gerald, gerald doesn't play video games, gerald chain smokes 2 packs of dusty menthols per day and rips a vape pen while inside the building of his retail job, gerald pulls out his phone on his smoke break and drops a dollar or two on his MoBiLe ExPeRiEnCe while he sucks down his cigarette, when gerald gets home he walks passed his wife who is also playing on her phone and sits down on the toilet, and guess what, he pulls out his phone and drops another few dollars on whatever stupid ass "game" he's playing at the time, multiply this daily routine (and trust me, gerald is a creature of habit) by 31 and before you know it this fuck has spent 100 dollars a month on clash of diablo or whatever (he doesn't know the name of the "game")

second group: a chinese worker with an 8 hour train commute to work

you should also not be concerned with this game, your wife's boyfriend isn't going to allow you to spend enough money in this shit game to be competitive with your my little pony profile picture and mmo champion premium

imagine being so disconnected from the real world you have a fucking mmo champion premium account
    that's a pretty biased view - i play some mobile games namely SWGOH and I've spent way less than on it than I have for WoW. if someone enjoys the game let'em enjoy it. There are plenty of bad games on all platforms
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, Diablo Immortal. Already played D2 20 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

And Diablo 2R is still going to be far better than Immortal in every single way
    Well you are just 100% wrong, D2R is fun but there are too many progression walls you hit as you go. Immortal is actually well crafted and the story is actually good.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    The madlads actually made it for PC surprised
    Could probably run it on Bluestacks if it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Now is the time to come out from the shadows and confess - who asked for this?
    Who asked for the original Diablo? No one. If devs catered to the desires of all gamers this industry would have folded decades ago. I know you are being facetious, but that's not really how this works most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Worked out great for genshin impact!

Anyway I'm excited, but I don't actually... play diablo as a long term/seasonal thing. I'll play for the story and then move on like I did with diablo 3 and I will do with Diablo 4 lol
    Imagine Genshin Impact developed for PC from the start, oh man.

Dont you guys have computers?