Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ATVI Q1 2022 Earnings Call

Why isn't MMO champ sharing the details? Oh because Blizzard lost over half a billion fucking dollars in a single quarter ROFL.

They made 395M in Q1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Why isn't MMO champ sharing the details? Oh because Blizzard lost over half a billion fucking dollars in a single quarter ROFL.
    Oh, stop with that tinfoil hat. It is cutting off the already lacking air circulation in your head. Blizzard does not own MMO-champion, and people at MMO-champion aren't around 24/7 to post everything, sometimes you see a delay, and not just right away from the reveal. You would know if you noticed.

Then again, with your post, you sound like the person aiming for doom and gloom more than other topics.

But on the topic. Lord, their new layout of earnings calls is ugly and messy. Not like when I made earnings call threads years ago.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-04-25 at 05:15 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think you don't quite understand what is the difference between loss and revenue. Maybe better let someone who knows the basics of finance and business to create threads about those matters.

You should stick to more simple hate threads such as "the new expansion looks SHIT", "why is mythic made only for the 0,01%???" or "Ion stupid ruin game".
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-04-25 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They made 395M in Q1.
    Blizzard net revenue in Q1 was $274 M. Blizzard operating income was $53 M, down from $208 M in Q1 2021.

https://investor.activision.com/news...2022-financial
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Because the people whom that information actually matters to are already getting it from other sources, which would cover it better anyway. The only thing the MMO-Champ community ever did with those reports was use cherry-picked bits of the overall report to support whatever preconceived viewpoint they already held in an effort to get the circle-jerk echo chamber that these forums have become to validate their ideas.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Because the people whom that information actually matters to are already getting it from other sources, which would cover it better anyway. The only thing the MMO-Champ community ever did with those reports was use cherry-picked bits of the overall report to support whatever preconceived viewpoint they already held in an effort to get the circle-jerk echo chamber that these forums have become to validate their ideas.
    Honestly. The older design made it easier to share data from it, the new design truly screams the need to cherry-pick the information. Oh well. My ATVI money is still safe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that Blizzard's worse financial performance year-over-year is primarily attributed to the product cycle of the Warcraft franchise. i.e. We're in a lull state without a new expansion release. But Blizzard hasn't released any new games from any of their franchises in quite some time, so to specifically call out the decline as related to Warcraft, I'd imagine WoW subs must be down substantially (perhaps unsurprisingly).

MAU down another 2mil, but we will prob get a thread about that soon as well lol...

Blizzard performing worse than they previously did has been something you can almost set your watch to constantly since 2018. Bigger story here is activision itself performing badly. Looks like the Call of Duty bubble might finally be bursting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    Note that Blizzard's worse financial performance year-over-year is primarily attributed to the product cycle of the Warcraft franchise. i.e. We're in a lull state without a new expansion release. But Blizzard hasn't released any new games from any of their franchises in quite some time, so to specifically call out the decline as related to Warcraft, I'd imagine WoW subs must be down substantially (perhaps unsurprisingly).
    Ehh, you are always in a lull after a exp release, nothing news worthy here lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Blizzard performing worse than they previously did has been something you can almost set your watch to constantly since 2018. Bigger story here is activision itself performing badly. Looks like the Call of Duty bubble might finally be bursting.
    You could be right considering Vanguard did shit the bed to the extent that it disrupted their yearly release schedule and Warzone is apparently having enough issues that they're looking to release 'Warzone 2' whatever that actually means.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard net revenue in Q1 was $274 M. Blizzard operating income was $53 M, down from $208 M in Q1 2021.

https://investor.activision.com/news...2022-financial
    As per your link, Activision blizzard made 395M, a far cry from the 500M loss in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I think you don't quite understand what is the difference between loss and revenue. Maybe better let someone who knows the basics of finance and business to create threads about those matters.

You should stick to more simple hate threads such as "the new expansion looks SHIT", "why is mythic made only for the 0,01%???" or "Ion stupid ruin game".
    hmm… maybe your comment about OP is correct. but i for myself would say i can read that earning calls on a financee amateur level. and i can totally see, why MS stepped in and used their chance.

If MMO-C isn't going to post can someone at least give a TL;DR?

No one is talking about it because:

"In light of the proposed transaction with Microsoft, and as is customary during the pendency of an acquisition, Activision Blizzard will not be hosting a conference call, issuing an earnings presentation, or providing financial guidance in conjunction with its first quarter 2022 earnings release. For further detail and discussion of our financial performance please refer to our upcoming quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2022."

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If MMO-C isn't going to post can someone at least give a TL;DR?
    Blizzard lost another 2 million MAU's, has lost around 42% of its playerbase in 4 years, profits are down forty three percent year over year and for the first time they actually attributed some blame to the WoW update schedule.

But in the bigger news thats chump change to the massive loss with Activision they blame on lack of interest in Call of Duty.

The times they are a changing.

Unless you are king and print money.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Unless you are king and print money.
    King out there just carrying this quarter on their backs bigly. It's not a surprise that both Activision and Blizzard are both putting more focus on the mobile space recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    King out there just carrying this quarter on their backs bigly. It's not a surprise that both Activision and Blizzard are both putting more focus on the mobile space recently.
    I wouldn't be shocked if king is why MS bought them with their plans to bring streaming and game pass to mobile in some fashion, its a hell of a foot in the door with the candy crush crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Not true. I usually tend to look at Quarter calls through MMO-Champion.

So Blizzard lost another chunk of users or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?