Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Do you think we will get more than human female and blood elf male? At the very least blood elf female and human male? I really don't understand why they don't put more work on the humanoid version.
    At the very least I think we should get these. For example Kalecgos’ updated visage looks great and pretty similar to what I think the male human dracthyr visage would/could look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've got to admit, the Dracthyr model looks a lot better in motion, and it really helps with the perception of its proportionality for me, too. The head and neck don't look too small next to the torso and limbs seeing the model in flight or in motion.
    I've had nothing but bile and venom towards Blizzard for the longest time. (And always will when it comes to lore)
    I'm having difficulty adjusting when I see something that looks...kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Do you think we will get more than human female and blood elf male? At the very least blood elf female and human male? I really don't understand why they don't put more work on the humanoid version.
    No, because Blizzard is doing their best job pretending these aren't just human female and blood elf male reskins. They want us to believe that these are completely new races and therefore we don't need any additional "versions".

Quote Originally Posted by horizon nowhere View Post
    At the very least I think we should get these. For example Kalecgos’ updated visage looks great and pretty similar to what I think the male human dracthyr visage would/could look like.
    So they would look like half elves?

To be honest dragons are shape shifters and can transform pretty much perfectly, so why do Dracthyr suck at it, so that you can still see scales etc.?

Honestly would have been easier and more visually appealing to just give horn options for all races, instead of this weird scales painted on flesh look.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Honestly would have been easier and more visually appealing to just give horn options for all races, instead of this weird scales painted on flesh look.
    Indeed, these guys just look like very bad shapeshifters at the end of the day.

Going to jump on the "wish they'd add more visage form options" bandwagon. As it is: if I pick up the game again, I may just not use visage form, much like my worgen feral druid is almost invariably either a wolf or a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nope. They’re not really humans and elves. Blizzard is mixing the two races together into a sort of elf/human hybrid.
    This.
    I'm happy they went this route, at least this way they aren't just shabby shapeshifters but rather just some weird halfway product.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.
    I'm happy they went this route, at least this way they aren't just shabby shapeshifters but rather just some weird halfway product.
    But that is exactly what they are, since they have their pure dracthyr form and just suck at mimicking mortals.

Dracthyr is an incredibly fucking lazy race.

They are made out of not 1 but 3 existing skeletons.
    Like for real, they couldn't even fucking bother to make a unique one for their dragon form at the very least.
    Having male belf and female human is also just lazy af.

Back in BfA they said that allied races can be made easily because they re-use a lot of things for them. Makes sense.
    They said that if they would do an actual new base-line race they would put the effort it in.

And now we got this steaming pile of shit.
    At least they could've re-used skeletons that are not playable races right now. Like the Vrykul skeleton would have probably made more fuckin sense than male belf + female human.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Going to jump on the "wish they'd add more visage form options" bandwagon. As it is: if I pick up the game again, I may just not use visage form, much like my worgen feral druid is almost invariably either a wolf or a cat.
    If that was possible, I'd love to do that.
    But you're forced to use visage while riding any mounts, which is something you do often, and spend quite some time doing.

I'm firmly in the more buff/bulk Dracthyr camp, but aside from that, the Dracthyr form customization is absolutely fantastic.
    But the Visage form, I simply put find to be the stuff of nightmares...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    So they would look like half elves?

To be honest dragons are shape shifters and can transform pretty much perfectly, so why do Dracthyr suck at it, so that you can still see scales etc.?
    Since they are not a Real Dragons, hence they called Dracthyr and not a Dragons, parody on dragons and bad at that.

Its equal to "What if?" we got not real "Demon Hunters" in legion but "Demon Mimics" or "Demon Mamblers" some random off-shot of blind demons, and then Blizz would try to sell them to us as actual Demon Hunters, even if they would would look nothing like Illidan, and use some different body type and weapon. Image faces of people then.

wotlk - poster face Arthas - we getting Death Knights
    legion - poster face Illidan - we getting Demon Hunters
    df - poster face Alexstrasza - we getting some asspull random race.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-17 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Since they are not a dragons, hence they called Dracthyr and not a Dragons, parody on dragons and bad at that.
    They were created to be the "best" of both worlds, by their creator. So again why should they suck transformation magic, this shit needs a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I wonder why have they choose male belf and female human for humanoid forms, or is there male human and female elf planned but just not finished yet as well?\
    I don't get it either. It's strange they chose female human considering the visage form of both Alex and Ysera is a Blood Elf (I know Ysera's is technically a Night Elf but she uses the Blood elf skeleton).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Dracthyr is an incredibly fucking lazy race.

They are made out of not 1 but 3 existing skeletons.
    Like for real, they couldn't even fucking bother to make a unique one for their dragon form at the very least.
    Having male belf and female human is also just lazy af.
    I'm surprised Blizzard isn't receiving more backlash for this. They couldn't even be arsed to create a whole new skeleton for the Dracthyr. You'd think they would after the fiasco that is Shadowlands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've got to admit, the Dracthyr model looks a lot better in motion, and it really helps with the perception of its proportionality for me, too. The head and neck don't look too small next to the torso and limbs seeing the model in flight or in motion.
    them thick thighs too

jesus

No idea why ppl keep acting like drakthyr are suppose to be drakonid.

These are specifically mortals from 10k years ago, a specific group of people imbued woth drakonic power by neltharion.

They have NOTHING to do with the drakonid we saw thousands of years later.

"They are to skinny/feminine" maybe for your taste but thats exactly how they are suppose to look. They arent suppose to look any other way. They arent fan service. They arent them letting us play Dragons, they are wows version of draconic humanoids. Its like complaining that pathfinder elves dont follow surks teachings. Elves arent vulcans and drakthyr arent drakonid, hence the name.

Hell we dont even know what their culture is like since the opening zone isnt out yet.

We could be speculating on the actual lore of the new race, about how maybe neltharion found some of the first humans, feeling sorry for their abandonment from the vrykrul, and imbued em with the night wells power to prepare them for their draconic destiny, and feeling privilidged by the "you are going to be the guardians of this world" propoganda they became a bit full of themselves and emphasised their regalness and thats why alpt of thrm have very ornate clothing and jewelry, making the "your entire reason for existing is now gone but also more important than ever" as they wake up and find the dragonflights destroyed and the world in chaos after years of destruction

U dont have to like the new stories or characters but dont act like....this is the creators ruining YOUR vision. This is their story and their story has nothing to do with the story you want them to tell and of u cant accept that u shouldnt play games watch tv or read books cus that is EVERY story.

U dont watch a movie or read a book for the author to fulfill your fantasy, you do it to see THEIR fantasy
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    No idea why ppl keep acting like drakthyr are suppose to be drakonid.

These are specifically mortals from 10k years ago, a specific group of people imbued woth drakonic power by neltharion.
    So you want to tell me that Deathwing was some kind freak that dreamed to make human/Elf hybrid, and almost not added his own samples of DNA in result they end up almost without Black flight powers.

Half-elf perfection! mama mia! - crossbreeding intensifies

I'm curious, where is this assumption coming from that the dracthyr literally cannot assume a visage form that's a perfect mortal guise, rather than what I always assumed was the case, which is that the dracthyr choose to present themselves how they wish, and just aren't wont to make themselves indistinguishable from mortals for whatever reason? Is this something that was said in an interview about dracthyr at some point?

From the visage form customization highlights I've seen, it seems they're able to hide the majority of their draconic features perfectly fine. So I'm a bit confused how this 'dracthyr are shit at transforming' thing came about. It just comes off to me as something dumb and presumptuous that someone said, and that others are mindlessly bandwagoning on.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2022-07-18 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Since they are not a Real Dragons, hence they called Dracthyr and not a Dragons, parody on dragons and bad at that.
    Yet when they go to Stormwind or Orgrimmar they’re called dragons by the people and leaders there.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I'm curious, where is this assumption coming from that the dracthyr literally cannot assume a visage form that's a perfect mortal guise
    Well it's really rather obvious - it's coming from people who have no clue. They've seen some heavily stylized visage screenshots and they are assuming now that's how every visage form has to look.