Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Depp was abusive can't see this case going well for him. Always funny to watch wierdo rich people opening their freak lives up to court.
    The case has gone extremely well for Depp. Even if he doesn't win, which he probably won't, he doesn't need Heard's 50m. He's rich AF. It's about sh owing the world what really happened, and Heard looks like a liar and a crazy person now, especially now that we know she did everything to JD that she's accusing him of.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The case has gone extremely well for Depp. Even if he doesn't win, which he probably won't, he doesn't need Heard's 50m. He's rich AF. It's about sh owing the world what really happened, and Heard looks like a liar and a crazy person now, especially now that we know she did everything to JD that she's accusing him of.
    being a domestic abuser and wife beater is going well? lol okay.

being a domestic abuser and wife beater is going well? lol okay.
    Has it been proven (with reliable evidence, not the pathetic shit Amber Heard is displaying) that he was a wife beater?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Has it been proven (with reliable evidence, not the pathetic shit Amber Heard is displaying) that he was a wife beater?
    Nope, so far just conflicting testimonies (Ambers sister even gave a different sequence of events during the staircase event) and no one has seen him ever do something violent towards Amber (except her sister during the staircase event). Only her friends have seen minor bruises. And see bruises in pictures which others have said they can't see any.

It's dubious as hell. Only things consistent is that he can be jealous, throw glasses and slams cabinets during their fights. But never at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Nope, so far just conflicting testimonies (Ambers sister even gave a different sequence of events during the staircase event) and no one has seen him ever do something violent towards Amber (except her sister during the staircase event). Only her friends have seen minor bruises. And see bruises in pictures which others have said they can't see any.

It's dubious as hell.
    Thanks for the explanation. So, people accusing Depp fo being a wife beater are full of shit.

Thanks for the explanation. So, people accusing Depp fo being a wife beater are full of shit.
    Yeah, at the moment it's either you believe her and her friends or everything else. It's like, either you believe there's a huge conspiracy(including independent witnesses) against Heard, or there's a small conspiracy amongst friends against depp. It's kinda funny that one of the "friends"(all of them have no real contact with her anymore, except 1 if I remember correctly) were contacted by Heard 2 months prior to his deposition to get back in touch. As per his own testimony.

it's quite some show tbh.
    But it's still important to keep an open mind until the trial is over.

'The judge in the Johnny Depp libel action concluded that “the great majority of alleged assaults” on Amber Heard by the Pirates of the Caribbean star had been “proved to the civil standard”.

Of the 14 alleged assaults heard in open court – all of which have been denied by Depp – he found that 12 of them were proved on the balance of probability.'

you can literally call him a wife beater in the press because he is one.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-05-19 at 08:38 AM.

I hate stuff like this and can't get away from it.

I'll be sat WFH with YouTube doing its own thing in front of me and a video will start called ' anonymous elden ring clip maker is now a lawyer and tells you where amber Heard has gone wrong' or something ridiculous like that then every video until I realise after that is fucking asmongold (who I don't watch) reacting to the trial or an internet lawyer jumping up and down.

I know far more about these people than i want to know about any stranger but find myself morbidly watching it without realising and I've tried not to lol.

Im not really on anybodies side here but it feels weird that they are pinning amber down on timescales for things that she has said when she and Johnnie both admit they were consistently using drugs. I went out with mates at weekend and only drank but couldn't reliably tell you an order of what happened and that was three or four days ago.

Is elon musk gonna show up at court?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is elon musk gonna show up at court?
    think neither Franco or Musk will testify... it was planned, but think they backed down after seeing the shitshow (speculation of course) and they have no subpoena afaik. No obligation to.

In Hollywood if an actress acuses an actor (actually the celebrity world generally) he's immediatelly defamed and kicked out of pretty much all projects he's involved to. Even though it's only on "say" basis, as no court or proof has been provided.
    Pussy whipped world, lol. That shit needs to stop.

And so spoke the internet tough guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Titan
    They can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. All it is is hearsay evidence at this point. Her photos are mediocre evidence, while there's audio and photographic evidence of what she did to Depp. I'm a big proponent of having the receipts before blatantly accusing someone of wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. All it is is hearsay evidence at this point. Her photos are mediocre evidence, while there's audio and photographic evidence of what she did to Depp. I'm a big proponent of having the receipts before blatantly accusing someone of wrongdoing.
    it was good enough for a court in the UK, alot of you seem to be ignoring that happened.

it was good enough for a court in the UK, alot of you seem to be ignoring that happened.
    Well..... they allowed a tabloid to call him a wife beater. Tabloids in the UK can almost get away with murder. I'm sure that in almost every other country a court would've said otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

They can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
    They don't need to; it's a civil case. More likely than not is basically the standard here ("preponderance of evidence"), and it's him who needs to meet that standard, not her. He needs to prove, to a preponderance of the evidence standard, that he didn't beat her. Her being an awful person isn't evidence of him not being an awful person. Don't know why you're talking about hearsay as a bad thing, there's so many exceptions to the rule, it's generally allowed as evidence.

They believe the decision was corrupted by conflict on interest. They're not ignoring it, they're dismissing it after consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well..... they allowed a tabloid to call him a wife beater. Tabloids in the UK can almost get away with murder. I'm sure that in almost every other country a court would've said otherwise.
    we have some of the worst libel laws in the world. Its why rich oligarchs use our courts to silence journalists. Losing a libel case that you brought in the UK means you really fucked up.

he got fucked up and knocked her around a bit, some of it was a bit soft but its all abuse. Again the only good thing about any of this is weirdo rich people getting dragged in courts because of their own egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They believe the decision was corrupted by conflict on interest. They're not ignoring it, they're dismissing it after consideration.
    This case has a lot more evidence in it than the UK trial + it's another case...
    Calling back to another trial about something similar, but no the same is just wrong. With new evidence, new conclusions can be drawn.
    Imagine if we had the mindset that "previous trial said this, thus it is"... people being exonerated through new evidence would still be locked up if that's the case.

It's just not relevant.

To avoid confusion, I would like to note that the threshold in civil cases is not “beyond reasonable doubt”. All AH has to do is make it more likely that it did than didn’t happen. That’s what makes this case so hard for JD.

'The judge in the Johnny Depp libel action concluded that “the great majority of alleged assaults” on Amber Heard by the Pirates of the Caribbean star had been “proved to the civil standard”.

Of the 14 alleged assaults heard in open court – all of which have been denied by Depp – he found that 12 of them were proved on the balance of probability.'

you can literally call him a wife beater in the press because he is one.
    It was a civil case, not a criminal case. That means that Depp had to prove that he didn't hit her. All the judge on the UK case said that some alleged assaults were more likely than not for him, not that there was any evidence (photos, videos) of said assaults.

And the judge was a fucking clown. He had to nerve to say “There is evidence which I find compelling of witnesses who saw Ms Heard with injuries to her face and who took photographs of these.”
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-05-19 at 01:22 PM.