Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    2m to amber, 15m to depp.

actually 8.35M to depp.
    can't do quick maf.
    why 8.35m ?

Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    8.35m is what he actually gets.

Biggest slap in the face would be to donate 7m to Childrens Hospital.
    Would say ACLU as well, but they were kinda in this debacle...so don't think he would be up for that.
    I mean several parties have guessed what the legal teams and court fees are going to cost and it's estimated to be around $5.5 million
    so pretty much after it's all said and done he isn't walking away with much while Amber will be in the red. She for sure won't be donating that $7 million now. I personally don't think Johnny Depp cared about the money as much as he did about clearing his name. His career will rebound I don't think hers will.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    why 8.35m ?
    punitive damages are capped at 350k

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I didn't get who has to pay how much and why
    Amber has to pay Depp 10m for compensatory damages due to defamation. He won on all claims
    350k in punitive damages.

Depp has to pay Amber 2m because of one defamatory statement about them spilling wine and setting it up for the 2nd set of cops. So they didn't find there to be evidence for that to be true.

so 8.35m to depp in total.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    why 8.35m ?
    He gets 10 mil and the 5 mil gets reduced to the max 350k based on the damages type.

She gets 2 mil.

Math 10+(.350)-2 = 8.350 mil

The jury made her appeal impossible by granting her a little win while giving Depp the big win.

Smart

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean several parties have guessed what the legal teams and court fees are going to cost and it's estimated to be around $5.5 million
    so pretty much after it's all said and done he isn't walking away with much while Amber will be in the red. She for sure won't be donating that $7 million now. I personally don't think Johnny Depp cared about the money as much as he did about clearing his name. His career will rebound I don't think hers will.
    I meant that Johnny would donate 7m from the 8m she has to pay him.
    That's what I would've done, since as he said, he don't care about the money.

So he will donate what she claimed she donated to Childrens Hospital. Hence the slap in the face.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-01 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I find this level of attachment over this super weird. Maybe I just don't get it.
    As a woman, it pissed me off so much because her lies of abuse and sexual assault further sets us back when we have the courage to step up and tell our story.

Fuck her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I didn't get who has to pay how much and why
    Amber has to pay Johnny $15 million for defamation. Johnny has to pay Amber $2 million because of a comment his lawyer made to the media about Amber.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

DId anyone have both of them "winning"?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    DId anyone have both of them "winning"?
    I had them both losing so colour me surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    same here
    /10

I find this level of attachment over this super weird. Maybe I just don't get it.
    People don't like liars when it comes to DV? Shocked pikachu face...

This case shows 2 things, don't fucking lie about a serious thing.
    It also, hopefully, promotes male victims to speak out more.

People aren't attached to the case itself, but rather what it represents.

Let's be honest here, the real winner is that Female Lawyer who cross examined Amber, her career is gonna skyrocket.

People aren't attached to the case itself, but rather what it represents.
    Not the case, the people involved. People are definitely attached to Johnny Depp, for instance. Unhealthily so.

You don't think It's a problem that someone(gender shouldn't fucking matter), can get their career & life more or less destroyed, by someone making shit up, spreading lies, manufacturing and misrepresenting evidence?

Not the case, the people involved. People are definitely attached to Johnny Depp, for instance. Unhealthily so.
    Johnny Depp has been a loved actor for nearly 40 years, of course people have a vested interest in him clearing his name.

Amber Heard is a fucking nobody, who tried to become someone at someone else's expense.
    She's a narcissist, sociopath and will to do anything to get attention. She's evil and dangerous.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2022-06-01 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And lootboxes are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Yeah, I expected both claims to be rejected or part of Johnny's claims to be confirmed but no money changing hands.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    l o l

https://twitter.com/realamberheard/status/1532083776741842945[/URL]
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUMOEuCXwAAU9y2?format=jpg&name=small
    Now that's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    l o l
    That was quick, she keeps on gaslighting I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As a woman, it pissed me off so much because her lies of abuse and sexual assault further sets us back when we have the courage to step up and tell our story.

Fuck her.
    I don't think this one instance sets anything back, personally. In the grand scheme, it won't stop people stepping up, they'll continue to do so when they're ready to, just as they did before this circus.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Let's be honest here, the real winner is that Female Lawyer who cross examined Amber, her career is gonna skyrocket.
    Yes, a career making performance and result. Good for her.

I don't think this one instance sets anything back, personally. In the grand scheme, it won't stop people stepping up, they'll continue to do so when they're ready to, just as they did before this circus.
    I hope more men also have the courage to speak up after seeing this. It’s a win for them, as well cause they can be victims too. They far too often remain silent. It’s sad.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman