Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
56
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,472
    Johnny Depp fans on Twitter are fucking insane seriously. I’m no fan of Depp or Heard. But nothing in Depps testimony convinces me he is in anyways victim. He’s a good act and his performance seems to be impressing his fans regardless to evidence.

    But this to me seems like a volition relationship. I do believe there was eventually violence on both ends and Amber doesn’t seem too innocent. I’m also sure she was abusive too.

    Case should simply dismissed.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  2. #102
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,665
    Neither of these people is defensible.
    /s

  3. #103
    It seems like it was just a fairly toxic relationship between 2 people both with their share of issues. She lost most of her credibility when some of what she claimed turned out to be exaggerated and/or in some cases false. And he has admitted to some bad behavior himself. But this is a defamation case and not really for abuse either direction. And the bar for defamation is usually fairly high by the courts. I'd be fairly surprised if she wins but it's true that it is a circus.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Johnny Depp fans on Twitter are fucking insane seriously. I’m no fan of Depp or Heard. But nothing in Depps testimony convinces me he is in anyways victim. He’s a good act and his performance seems to be impressing his fans regardless to evidence.

    But this to me seems like a volition relationship. I do believe there was eventually violence on both ends and Amber doesn’t seem too innocent. I’m also sure she was abusive too.

    Case should simply dismissed.
    Its more the fact that shes the one that went around saying he beat her repeatedly before their divorce and everyone ate it. He lost jobs, etc. Thats what the case is about. She obviously lied a lot so its why its a defamation suit?

  5. #105
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Johnny Depp fans on Twitter are fucking insane seriously. I’m no fan of Depp or Heard. But nothing in Depps testimony convinces me he is in anyways victim. He’s a good act and his performance seems to be impressing his fans regardless to evidence.

    But this to me seems like a volition relationship. I do believe there was eventually violence on both ends and Amber doesn’t seem too innocent. I’m also sure she was abusive too.

    Case should simply dismissed.
    Yeh, I feel you. I definitely dont see it going his way at all..
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  6. #106
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,472
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its more the fact that shes the one that went around saying he beat her repeatedly before their divorce and everyone ate it. He lost jobs, etc. Thats what the case is about. She obviously lied a lot so its why its a defamation suit?
    Johnny Depp is an actor and the evidence so far doesn't support his claim of being a victim. Calling him a victim is like calling Ike Turner a victim because one time Tina fought back according to her in a limo.

    As for his so called history with ex's again he puts on a good act, but Ted Bundy was a Suicide Hotline volunteer and BTK worked in his Church neither of them broke a law and had people who would swear by them too.

    The fact Depp is good looking or is nice to kids doesn't change anything. He was an abusive drug addict, in a relationship with an abused woman half his age. Both I am sure are no angels.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-04-26 at 06:54 PM.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post



    No no, you don't understand, this has been a content gold mine. She literally shit on his side of the bed after a fight like a fucking cat shits in a shoe when it's mad at you.
    You're right, I don't understand why this could be remotely funny or interesting. Assholes being abusive towards each other is something I've seen or heard happen often enough that I don't require learning that two people in Hollywood did it too.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  8. #108
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,430
    Wait what has Depp done but react to Heards foolishness? Even apologizing for stuff no person shouldn't apologize for when dealing with someone trying to emotionally manipulate you. Maybe I missed something in a testimony or clip.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  9. #109
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,219
    Whatever someone thinks of this couple, holy shit, amber's lawyer...where did she find him??

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, I feel you. I definitely dont see it going his way at all..
    I disagree, but it doesn't matter either way. Amber Heard's reputation is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Whatever someone thinks of this couple, holy shit, amber's lawyer...where did she find him??
    Probably fiverr

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Probably fiverr
    I don't think it's her lawyers to be honest some of their actions seems to indicate that their client is making them change things on the fly. A lot of sloppiness, unpreparedness and changing narratives maybe it will get better when she gets on the stand but that's doubtful.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Johnny Depp is an actor and the evidence so far doesn't support his claim of being a victim. Calling him a victim is like calling Ike Turner a victim because one time Tina fought back according to her in a limo.
    She said Depp has hit her, police couldn't find any proof. They then (after the scandal went public) settled things out of court and she removed the request for a restraining order.

    Everything was basically "fine"

    Then 2 years later or so she wrote an article where she again said "she is a public figure representing domestic abuse.” Implying that Depp did do shit to her AGAIN.
    Defamation fits quite well imho, since this caused issues again and she has no proof.
    Or maybe she just shouldn't have taken the settlement then, which is kinda telling me that they "argued it out and it wasn't so bad".

    The case is more about that article than anything else actually.

    After that, she doubled down and called him "the Monster" and that he put her through broken glass and all that kind of shit, without any scars to show for.
    Imho, she's obviously lying. The PTSD test thingy they did and the doc calling her out is kinda pointing that out as well.

    At least that's how I understand the whole thing.

  13. #113
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Then 2 years later or so she wrote an article where she again said "she is a public figure representing domestic abuse.” Implying that Depp did do shit to her AGAIN.
    Defamation fits quite well imho, since this caused issues again and she has no proof.
    She never mentions Depp by name. Can you pick a point in the op-ed that implies Depp? The article is posted in the OP.

    And to be clear, Heard was granted a temporary restraining order: https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...estic-violence
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  14. #114
    Bloodsail Admiral Snowflakesz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,242
    Watched a couple of hours tonight.

    Looking pretty good for Johnny.

    Amber Turd really dug herself a deep hole....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And lootboxes are awesome

  15. #115
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,430
    Heard's lawyers have been consistently garbage.

    Shit.

    Like the shit Heard took on the bed.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    She never mentions Depp by name. Can you pick a point in the op-ed that implies Depp? The article is posted in the OP.

    And to be clear, Heard was granted a temporary restraining order: https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...estic-violence
    in case you are laboring under misconception

    1. you don't actualy have to prove your life is in danger to get a restraining order. you just say it is, ask for one and as long as your lawyer properly filed, you'll get it.
    2. its a symbolic gesture at best that is all but impossible to enforce, which is why its so easy to get.

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    in case you are laboring under misconception

    1. you don't actualy have to prove your life is in danger to get a restraining order. you just say it is, ask for one and as long as your lawyer properly filed, you'll get it.
    2. its a symbolic gesture at best that is all but impossible to enforce, which is why its so easy to get.
    Thanks for answering questions no one asked lol
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Thanks for answering questions no one asked lol
    you are trying to imply that the fact that she got a restraining order proves that he was abusive. I'm showing you that it proves absolutely NOTHING. so don't use it as a proof. Amber Heard however WAS arrested on charges of domestic violence. her ex claims it was misinterpreted, which you could take as gospel... until you remember that abused partners often defend their abusers for variety of reasons. its not a conclusive proof since charges were dropped. but its more of a proof than restraining order being granted. cause as I said.. to get a restraining order? all you have to do is ask the judge for it.

  19. #119
    Pit Lord Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Johnny Depp is an actor and the evidence so far doesn't support his claim of being a victim. Calling him a victim is like calling Ike Turner a victim because one time Tina fought back according to her in a limo.

    As for his so called history with ex's again he puts on a good act, but Ted Bundy was a Suicide Hotline volunteer and BTK worked in his Church neither of them broke a law and had people who would swear by them too.

    The fact Depp is good looking or is nice to kids doesn't change anything. He was an abusive drug addict, in a relationship with an abused woman half his age. Both I am sure are no angels.
    Your statements come off as someone who is trying to justify domestic violence against men. The fact of the matter is that the evidence shown has demonstrated that Heard has assaulted Depp on multiple occasions, testimony from expert witnesses have shown that Heard has lied about having PTSD and other psychological effects she claimed resulted from their relationship, and previous partners from both individuals have come forward to attest to the fact that Depp does not have a history of domestic abuse, while Heard not only has a record of it, she has been arrested for it. What's worse is the seeming attempt to cast him as the de facto abuser because of his addictions, when people facing addiction are one of the most vulnerable people in society because of stigma against them and leads to heavy underreporting of rape and abuse because of the kneejerk reaction to disbelieve them.

    While I'm open to this just being a misinterpretation, it seems as though personal prejudices are heavily skewing your opinion here. It's fine to not believe Depp, or even to call out the resulting wave of misogyny that will likely follow if Heard is found to have made unfounded statements, but it's not fine to characterize it in the way you did.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2022-04-27 at 04:18 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  20. #120
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,219
    Ouch, looks like amber got diagnosed to be a crazy nutjob, would explain her history of abuse..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •