Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ...
22
62
70
71
72
73
74
82
... LastLast
  1. #1421
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If you didn’t regularly follow the trial, how can you say that Depp didn’t prove it was defamation? Only seeing bits and pieces here and there on social media and in the news doesn’t give you a clear, unbiased view on the case and what evidence was presented.

    And this was a civil trial, not criminal.
    I didn't need to watch the entire trial to know he didn't prove that, I am aware of the case the circus more than anything else, but I did watch it. Yes, I am also aware that it's a civil trial.

    As I mentioned before, the elements of defamation, where they met Winter?


    What is your opinion on the trial honestly and what pieces of evidence do you think were important?


    As for me if you think I am wrong and trying to change my opinion what do you think at this point I am missing in terms of the evidence as it relates to the burdens for Johnny Depp?


    I might not agree, I might change my mind depending on how you arrived there.


    However, what I really don't care about is what shit people either of them are or unsubstantiated accusations of a crime not relevant to Defamation which is Civil.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It didn't. What are you even talking about, that's not how legal proceedings work.
    It shouldn't be how legal proceedings work, however that didn't stop the judge or the people involved with this case from making it about just that. Hell along with shitting on pillows people calling for Amber Heard to be arrested and put in prison purely based on testimony and evidence no relevant in this case or established anywhere else with any kind of authority.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  2. #1422
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I didn't need to watch the entire trial to know he didn't prove that, I am aware of the case the circus more than anything else, but I did watch it. Yes, I am also aware that it's a civil trial.

    As I mentioned before, the elements of defamation, where they met Winter?


    What is your opinion on the trial honestly and what pieces of evidence do you think were important?


    As for me if you think I am wrong and trying to change my opinion what do you think at this point I am missing in terms of the evidence as it relates to the burdens for Johnny Depp?


    I might not agree, I might change my mind depending on how you arrived there.


    However, what I really don't care about is what shit people either of them are or unsubstantiated accusations of a crime not relevant to Defamation which is Civil.
    You just keep on not getting it. I am not sure if private citizens can file criminal charges in these examples. I doubt it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  3. #1423
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Oh I see.

    No, you're right - he should('ve) press(ed) charges about these incidents and got her sent to prison if they were (And seemingly are) true. But you're forgetting that the op-ed accused him of abuse, and that's exactly why it's being shown here in court to prove that she was lying.

    That's that, end of. However, in a civil case like this it's 'who is more believable' with a degree of evidence. IIRC, criminal charges are 'beyond a reasonable doubt', which he may not have won due to some ambiguity and other evidences (That weren't used in this trial) where he had retaliated once or twice due to her (Alleged) abuse.

    That's why the cut finger, the incidents, and everything there was brought to light. She opened that door to Johnny by writing things about him, and he's using that in retaliation.
    I am not forgetting, I am of the mind if what came out here IS true Amber should be in Prison, however that should be stablished by an authority charged with validating that or not.

    This is about a civil matter or Should have been her is suing for defamation, the reason people sue for defamation is because their reputation and they themselves have been personally harmed.

    The fact neither of hem handled these powerful allegations through authorities, says that if it wasn't important enough to seek justice there, then neither of them should be rewarded here.

    Maybe there were good reasons not to press charges or get police involved.


    Believing victims isn't the same as treating their every statement as fact. Just as not everything wrong is illegal or should be punished by the courts.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  4. #1424
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    i am talking about bias. you are talking about winning and losing.
    so wtf is your problem?
    It's not bias relax it's just press freedoms give them a lot of leeway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    As I understand it he lost his case against the Sun because the judge inexplicably discarded most evidence he provided and ignored his witnesses (friends and employees) because they were biased in his favor, yet chose to hear out Heard's witnesses (also friends and employees). A big factor in it as well was her claiming to have donated the money. Apparently that convinced the judge that her intentions were pure. Realistically it was a dumb thing to look at in either case. Donating the money or keeping it doesn't really matter in my eyes; it's clear she was after his reputation. Still that judge probably feels like an absolute moron now.

    One thing I do find funny is the constant pushing by Heard and her team that "we won in the UK" when really they weren't on trial in the UK. They aren't the Sun.
    It's another country's laws so I reserve passing judgement because I don't know.

  5. #1425
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I am not forgetting, I am of the mind if what came out here IS true Amber should be in Prison, however that should be stablished by an authority charged with validating that or not.

    This is about a civil matter or Should have been her is suing for defamation, the reason people sue for defamation is because their reputation and they themselves have been personally harmed.

    The fact neither of hem handled these powerful allegations through authorities, says that if it wasn't important enough to seek justice there, then neither of them should be rewarded here.

    Maybe there were good reasons not to press charges or get police involved.


    Believing victims isn't the same as treating their every statement as fact. Just as not everything wrong is illegal or should be punished by the courts.
    So it's a travesty of justice because JD sued her and won for defamation, but also because he didn't go far enough and land her in jail. Got it.

  6. #1426
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    From what I’ve been told, the UK has some strict libel laws. Supposedly it was far harder to sue Heard for defamation than it was (theoretically) to sue the sun. That’s what makes this win even more extraordinary.
    The odds of Depp winning are pretty low, the combination of her bad acting and the mountain of evidence against her narrative sank her case. It probably didn't help that her lawyers seem to be from the cheap section on craigslist.

  7. #1427
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You just keep on not getting it. I am not sure if private citizens can file criminal charges in these examples. I doubt it though.
    I don't know either. I certainly think they should, if Ambers out here telling porky's yeah it's called fraud. Maybe not seems like a good conversation to have. But then this still wouldn't be Justice. Because Amber isn't being questioned by authorities, and investigated.

    Forget money, nothing amusing about any of this or a small thing if what came to light in trial is true, but it's a pretty ass backwards run at justice.

    As for the other end and the behavior or OTHERS or the Populace IF anybody ever has or legitimately did act based on unsubstantiated bullshit, anybody that knows better are in the same people cheering this BS verdict.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    So it's a travesty of justice because JD sued her and won for defamation, but also because he didn't go far enough and land her in jail. Got it.
    No The Travesty is that a lot of unsubstantiated bullshit got introduced into a civil trial about defamation. I don't know if JD beat her, I also don't KNOW if she made any of that up, no authority investigated any of that in any criminal proceeding, there for it's he said she said.

    People testifying on both sides I wouldn't trust especially the TMZ guy and people of that ilk, publishing or engaging in un substantiated rumors, I really never trust people who are that fucking shady who suddenly have a stroke of integrity, the same could be said for Ellen Barkin, A lot of bad actors.

    Nobody had any integrity I found credible or believable.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  8. #1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    It shouldn't be how legal proceedings work
    That's good, because it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    however that didn't stop the judge or the people involved with this case from making it about just that.
    Still hasn't happened. Please share the link if you think this has happened.

  9. #1429
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Not "inexplicably", the Judge believed Depp was using a DARVOs defense. Can't say I disagree.
    It's inexplicable considering the judge elected not to use Depp's biased witnesses and agreed to use Heard's biased witnesses. The Sun's team successfully convinced the judge as well that Depp's testimony was worthless because of substance use (not considered in Heard's case, despite her own heavy substance use). Factor in his personal ties to the Sun and the verdict makes sense.

    It's "inexplicable" in that there's no good explanation for him. He came out of it looking like a corrupt moron, and looks even more like one now.

  10. #1430
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    From what I’ve been told, the UK has some strict libel laws. Supposedly it was far harder to sue Heard for defamation than it was (theoretically) to sue the sun. That’s what makes this win even more extraordinary.
    Actually no, Amber Heard making a claim is completely different than the Sun, who was a third party meaning hearsay, JD Lost there for especially the same reason he should have lost here, even IF you feel JD was wronged.


    Amber heard writing an Op-Ed without mentioning Johnny Depp is completely different than me or anybody else doing the same thing and saying making accusations or inferring he committed domestic abuse. That would for sure be defamation and in the U.S that's only exclusively what it's for.


    Nobody can make an unsubstantiated claim about someone else that slanders or libels another person UNLESS it's evaluated by a court and credibility challenged, OR one of the parties involved is not making a claim but more giving unqualified perspective.

    It's specifically why say Films that involved true life human beings, don't need to be authorized IF the what said or shown is presented as a perspective of the person telling it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's good, because it's not.
    Still hasn't happened. Please share the link if you think this has happened.
    So you didn't watch the Trial then or hear about it.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  11. #1431
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So you didn't watch the Trial then or hear about it.
    Hit me with that link that "it became a criminal matter", broseph.

  12. #1432
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don't know either. I certainly think they should, if Ambers out here telling porky's yeah it's called fraud. Maybe not seems like a good conversation to have. But then this still wouldn't be Justice. Because Amber isn't being questioned by authorities, and investigated.

    Forget money, nothing amusing about any of this or a small thing if what came to light in trial is true, but it's a pretty ass backwards run at justice.

    As for the other end and the behavior or OTHERS or the Populace IF anybody ever has or legitimately did act based on unsubstantiated bullshit, anybody that knows better are in the same people cheering this BS verdict.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No The Travesty is that a lot of unsubstantiated bullshit got introduced into a civil trial about defamation. I don't know if JD beat her, I also don't KNOW if she made any of that up, no authority investigated any of that in any criminal proceeding, there for it's he said she said.

    People testifying on both sides I wouldn't trust especially the TMZ guy and people of that ilk, publishing or engaging in un substantiated rumors, I really never trust people who are that fucking shady who suddenly have a stroke of integrity, the same could be said for Ellen Barkin, A lot of bad actors.

    Nobody had any integrity I found credible or believable.
    So you don't like the concept and proceedings of defamation cases period, and it has nothing to do with this case in particular.

  13. #1433
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hit me with that link that "it became a criminal matter", broseph.
    The moment JD triad to suggest she made up the allegations of Domestic Violence it's called fraud especially when you seek to gain monetarily from it.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  14. #1434
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don't know either. I certainly think they should, if Ambers out here telling porky's yeah it's called fraud. Maybe not seems like a good conversation to have. But then this still wouldn't be Justice. Because Amber isn't being questioned by authorities, and investigated.

    Forget money, nothing amusing about any of this or a small thing if what came to light in trial is true, but it's a pretty ass backwards run at justice.

    As for the other end and the behavior or OTHERS or the Populace IF anybody ever has or legitimately did act based on unsubstantiated bullshit, anybody that knows better are in the same people cheering this BS verdict.
    The shit that could start a criminal investigation came out in this civil trial. And JD won because he could prove that her accusations were untrue, and AH lost 2 of her 3 claims because she couldn't prove that the hoax claims were defamatory.

    So the jury believed after reviewing the thousands of evidence that AH and her friends used fake sexual violence allegations both as a sword and shield depending on the target audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  15. #1435
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    So you don't like the concept and proceedings of defamation cases period, and it has nothing to do with this case in particular.
    Nope not at all, if it had been proven Amber lied by an authority, and she then made this Op-Ed but only left out his name, then he should sue her ass for defamation, because that is defamation.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  16. #1436
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope not at all, if it had been proven Amber lied by an authority, and she then made this Op-Ed but only left out his name, then he should sue her ass for defamation, because that is defamation.
    An authority like a court, maybe? Cause that just happened.

  17. #1437
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The moment JD triad to suggest she made up the allegations of Domestic Violence it's called fraud especially when you seek to gain monetarily from it.
    So like, have criminal charges been pressed? Will there be a criminal trial? Because otherwise if sounds like you're basically just making shit up.

  18. #1438
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The shit that could start a criminal investigation came out in this civil trial. And JD won because he could prove that her accusations were untrue, and AH lost 2 of her 3 claims because she couldn't prove that the hoax claims were defamatory.

    So the jury believed after reviewing the thousands of evidence that AH and her friends used fake sexual violence allegations both as a sword and shield depending on the target audience.
    Nope that isn't how that works, and if it was then none of these witnesses would have met the burdens of proof for the allegations thrown around. Lying under oath in a criminal proceeding vs a civil are very different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    An authority like a court, maybe? Cause that just happened.
    A civil court has no jurisdiction over a criminal complaint, Domestic Violence is a Crime so is Lying about it and seeking to commit fraud in order obtain financial gain.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So like, have criminal charges been pressed? Will there be a criminal trial? Because otherwise if sounds like you're basically just making shit up.
    Nope, but apparently AH has been convicted anyways.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  19. #1439
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope that isn't how that works, and if it was then none of these witnesses would have met the burdens of proof for the allegations thrown around. Lying under oath in a criminal proceeding vs a civil are very different.
    So, when did it become a criminal case in your mind, please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  20. #1440
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope, but apparently AH has been convicted anyways.
    Really? You got a link to the verdict of her criminal guilt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •