Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
59
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Yo, which rich celebrity are we supposed to be stanning for, and will that rich celebrity notice us for stanning for them?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lol no Im not. Im stating a fact. Youre inferring the rest..
    yes, please do continue to deny the context and facts that do not suit the narrative that you prefer. go on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, which rich celebrity are we supposed to be stanning for, and will that rich celebrity notice us for stanning for them?
    honestly to me its not about specific celebrities, but rather establishing a legal precedent that WILL affect regular people down the road.

    also to be clear. I don't think Depp is completely blameless. I do think that she brought out the absolute worst in him and then tried to shift the blame entirely on him while denying any responsibility on her part. judging by the testimony of their doctor.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-04-27 at 08:04 PM.

  3. #163
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I don't think Depp is completely blameless.
    And Ive said, I dont think shes blameless. But this is a defamation suit. If you dont think hes blameless when it comes to the accusations, youd have to agree that the grounds for defamation are super shaky, which has been my entire point.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  4. #164
    The fact we make entertainment out of two clearly unwell people is my issue with all this, tbh.

  5. #165
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact we make entertainment out of two clearly unwell people is my issue with all this, tbh.
    Welcome to the universe.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact we make entertainment out of two clearly unwell people is my issue with all this, tbh.
    If we are lucky one of them doesn't become president.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    And Ive said, I dont think shes blameless. But this is a defamation suit. If you dont think hes blameless when it comes to the accusations, youd have to agree that the grounds for defamation are super shaky, which has been my entire point.
    not really. because there is a line between being violent with furniture and being violent with a person. she accused him of rape and physical assaults. and she has been showed to have lied repeatedly already. she painted herself as a victim, while in reality being a perpetrator. so yeah... there are grounds to it.

  8. #168
    Elemental Lord Midterm Voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    8,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If we are lucky one of them doesn't become president.
    I dunno ...
    People that didn't live through the 2016 election will be confused why the narrative is skewed in favor of; a rich guy with hundreds of millions, 40 years of name brand recognition, powerful dude who married a woman 20+ years younger, files multiple lawsuits to protect his image.

  9. #169
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    not really. because there is a line between being violent with furniture and being violent with a person. she accused him of rape and physical assaults. and she has been showed to have lied repeatedly already. she painted herself as a victim, while in reality being a perpetrator. so yeah... there are grounds to it.
    What do you think blameless mean as it pertains to a court trial?
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    What do you think blameless mean as it pertains to a court trial?
    what do you think "she lied about events she described in her op-ed, while implicating her ex-husband" as pertains to defamation trial means?

  11. #171
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Lol imagine being a celebrity, taking the stand then proceeding to crack jokes to the laughter of the courtroom and court officials.

    You guys are saying Heard is a textbook narcissist? Yeah, no wonder the two fell in love.
    So you've never seen a court case?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact we make entertainment out of two clearly unwell people is my issue with all this, tbh.
    Make entertainment. You say that like being entertained by something is a bag thing.

    People have always been interested in court cases. This isn't the first or last case. Nothing wrong with being entertained by it. You mean 'make light of'? Havent seen anyone do that.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I dunno ...
    People that didn't live through the 2016 election will be confused why the narrative is skewed in favor of; a rich guy with hundreds of millions, 40 years of name brand recognition, powerful dude who married a woman 20+ years younger, files multiple lawsuits to protect his image.
    Wouldn't they just be looking at the information available to them now to judge it instead of making assumptions based on status? I thought the benefit of being of the future is having hindsight.

  13. #173
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what do you think "she lied about events she described in her op-ed, while implicating her ex-husband" as pertains to defamation trial means?
    Thats tbd. Weird that youve already made your mind up. Esp considering the UK courts determined there to be enough evidence to justify the title of wife beater.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Thats tbd. Weird that youve already made your mind up. Esp considering the UK courts determined there to be enough evidence to justify the title of wife beater.
    I'm going by the evidence presented in a case. you are going by opinions. courts can be and are often wrong. that is why appeal system exists.

  15. #175
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm going by the evidence presented in a case. you are going by opinions. courts can be and are often wrong. that is why appeal system exists.
    Right, no evidence was presented in the UK case
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  16. #176
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right, no evidence was presented in the UK case
    It was a very different cast...so yeah.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Weird that youve already made your mind up.
    This is the strangest thing you could have brought up given your position.

  18. #178
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This is the strangest thing you could have brought up given your position.
    That defending Johnny Depp seems misguided? Explain.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It was a very different cast...so yeah.
    Theyre actually very similar. Defamation is an umbrella term that includes libel and slander.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right, no evidence was presented in the UK case
    Amber's lawyer weren't trying to claim she was using color corrector that wasn't even being sold yet. and as far as I can tell, there were no testimonies from Amber's former assistance, or their marriage councilor in UK trial either.

  20. #180
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Amber's lawyer weren't trying to claim she was using color corrector that wasn't even being sold yet. and as far as I can tell, there were no testimonies from Amber's former assistance, or their marriage councilor in UK trial either.
    Sounds like those two things will clear this case right up..
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •