Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lol give me a break, its was as laughable an excuse on the stand as it is being used right now. If your wife chopped your finger off, you wouldnt have a private conversation with her and take blame for the incident.
    Tell that to every woman who said she walked into a door or fell down stairs to try to hide the fact they were abused.

Amber Heard is a bitch and Johnny Depp is an asshole. The end.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the show, though. Amber's face as she is watching her reputation go down the toilet is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Admits to hitting him on tape
    - Shits on his bed
    - Throws a alcohol bottle at him, severing his finger
    - Records him at his lowest, then laughs and smiles at the end when he finds out.
    - Therapist admits she instigates fights

There’s a lot… and I think she’s a textbook narcissist. Hope Johnny can clear his name.
    Also
    I haven't been following it but I did eventually click 2 youtube videos since youtube is promoting the shit out of any videos related to it. One was her personal assistant saying how she never saw any bruises, never saw Johnny be abusive to her, and how Amber flipped out on her in front of a handy man or something so she had someone to back it up. And the other was a lawyer talking about how Amber's lawyer pulled out a makeup kit she claimed she used that didn't even exist until a year after they split up and that even if it was a similar make up kit there isn't enough makeup in it to hide bruises.

I'm not sure how anyone can be on her side at this point.

Amber is a cunt and she needs some cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Tell that to every woman who said she walked into a door or fell down stairs to try to hide the fact they were abused.
    Yeh, from the guy who wasnt a victim til he was accused of being an abuser. How convenient.

I only know I'm tired of Youtube pushing that shit super hard in my feed despite celebrity gossip being just about the last thing I'd watch there. I neither know nor care about this spat between two multimillionaires, even moreso when certain kinds of people use it a political arena.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Admits to hitting him on tape
    - Shits on his bed
    - Throws a alcohol bottle at him, severing his finger
    - Records him at his lowest, then laughs and smiles at the end when he finds out.
    - Therapist admits she instigates fights

There’s a lot… and I think she’s a textbook narcissist. Hope Johnny can clear his name.
    Let's not forget, Amber Heard was also arrested for domestic violence previously after hitting a previous girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I only know I'm tired of Youtube pushing that shit super hard in my feed despite celebrity gossip being just about the last thing I'd watch there. I neither know nor care about this spat between two multimillionaires, even moreso when certain kinds of people use it a political arena.
    No no, you don't understand, this has been a content gold mine. She literally shit on his side of the bed after a fight like a fucking cat shits in a shoe when it's mad at you.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I'm not some Depp fan...

But honestly...this was a relationship between two incredibly toxic people. Depp had all sorts of unresolved trauma baggage and a serious substance abuse issue and Heard just seems to be a complete nutcase whose idea of conflict resolution of any kind involves immature temper tantrums and relentless verbal abuse (and some physical).

Do I think at one point or another Depp had probably hit Heard? Yes, I think he probably did. But in turn is it likely that Heard initiated and escalated the violence in the relationship, both physical and psychological? Absolutely.

If we are going to ostracize and punish Depp and label him as a wife beater, well we better do the same for Heard because that woman's head is a bag of cats.

But here's the problem we have a society...there's a stigma attached to being labeled a "wife beater" but no equivalent stigma if the perpetrator is the woman. So how about instead of "wife beater" we call them "domestic abusers" and label both as such. Reminder...in domestic violence cases, the abusers can be victims at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone can be on her side at this point.
    I know exactly why people can still be on her side and we see it in politics all the time. They initially believed a big lie, and when new evidence comes out to contradict their beliefs, instead of admitting they were wrong they double down. They'd rather support a terrible person than admit they were incorrect because the ego can't handle it. We can see it in this thread in real time with someone who keeps plugging his fingers into his ears and screaming LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU. It's kinda fascinating.

That said, I'm on neither of their sides. Both have severe issues and unfortunately seemed to bring out the worst in each other. One does seem to be the aggressor more than the other though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny Depp fans on Twitter are fucking insane seriously. I’m no fan of Depp or Heard. But nothing in Depps testimony convinces me he is in anyways victim. He’s a good act and his performance seems to be impressing his fans regardless to evidence.

But this to me seems like a volition relationship. I do believe there was eventually violence on both ends and Amber doesn’t seem too innocent. I’m also sure she was abusive too.

Case should simply dismissed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of these people is defensible.
    /s

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    It seems like it was just a fairly toxic relationship between 2 people both with their share of issues. She lost most of her credibility when some of what she claimed turned out to be exaggerated and/or in some cases false. And he has admitted to some bad behavior himself. But this is a defamation case and not really for abuse either direction. And the bar for defamation is usually fairly high by the courts. I'd be fairly surprised if she wins but it's true that it is a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Johnny Depp fans on Twitter are fucking insane seriously. I’m no fan of Depp or Heard. But nothing in Depps testimony convinces me he is in anyways victim. He’s a good act and his performance seems to be impressing his fans regardless to evidence.

But this to me seems like a volition relationship. I do believe there was eventually violence on both ends and Amber doesn’t seem too innocent. I’m also sure she was abusive too.

Its more the fact that shes the one that went around saying he beat her repeatedly before their divorce and everyone ate it. He lost jobs, etc. Thats what the case is about. She obviously lied a lot so its why its a defamation suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Yeh, I feel you. I definitely dont see it going his way at all..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its more the fact that shes the one that went around saying he beat her repeatedly before their divorce and everyone ate it. He lost jobs, etc. Thats what the case is about. She obviously lied a lot so its why its a defamation suit?
    Johnny Depp is an actor and the evidence so far doesn't support his claim of being a victim. Calling him a victim is like calling Ike Turner a victim because one time Tina fought back according to her in a limo.

As for his so called history with ex's again he puts on a good act, but Ted Bundy was a Suicide Hotline volunteer and BTK worked in his Church neither of them broke a law and had people who would swear by them too.

The fact Depp is good looking or is nice to kids doesn't change anything. He was an abusive drug addict, in a relationship with an abused woman half his age. Both I am sure are no angels.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-04-26 at 06:54 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post

No no, you don't understand, this has been a content gold mine. She literally shit on his side of the bed after a fight like a fucking cat shits in a shoe when it's mad at you.
    You're right, I don't understand why this could be remotely funny or interesting. Assholes being abusive towards each other is something I've seen or heard happen often enough that I don't require learning that two people in Hollywood did it too.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what has Depp done but react to Heards foolishness? Even apologizing for stuff no person shouldn't apologize for when dealing with someone trying to emotionally manipulate you. Maybe I missed something in a testimony or clip.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Whatever someone thinks of this couple, holy shit, amber's lawyer...where did she find him??

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, I feel you. I definitely dont see it going his way at all..
    I disagree, but it doesn't matter either way. Amber Heard's reputation is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Whatever someone thinks of this couple, holy shit, amber's lawyer...where did she find him??
    Probably fiverr

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Probably fiverr
    I don't think it's her lawyers to be honest some of their actions seems to indicate that their client is making them change things on the fly. A lot of sloppiness, unpreparedness and changing narratives maybe it will get better when she gets on the stand but that's doubtful.