Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was there a camera even? It looked like the flash came from the screen but I honestly am not analyzing frame by frame. Not remotely invested enough in #TeamDepp or #TeamHeard to give much of a shit. I'm just enjoying rich people being shitty to each other for our entertainment, just like the Oscars drama.
    I'm not either until clickbait gets me. I'll be honest that I'm more interested in your Kleenex use now more than the actual trial and am now trying to come up with various differences that might cause someone to do it that way. I may have to make a thread on this lol.

To follow up on the "she paused for a camera" nonsense https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...issue_in_hand/

Reddit is stupid.

The "flash" looks like it is from the monitors in front of both Heard and Depp, and you see no evidence of it anywhere else in the room. She did not "pose" for the camera, she paused while something flashed on screen that I imagine was significant if we were to actually watch the clip with audio in its full context. Was it more shitty play acting from her? Maybe, I don't care though because that's not the "problem".

This is why working with incomplete information leads to incorrect conclusions. The internet is just too wrapped up in #TeamAmber and #TeamJohnny as a stupid proxy war for the existing left vs. right culture war, and you have idiots both intentionally cutting things and presenting them out of context like the video above to create the narrative they want. Or as in the link, people who see broader context - enough to know that it's a flash coming from the monitor - but choose to ignore that and see what they want. (not directing this at you querty or anyone else, I don't know what link you saw and it could have been as deceptively edited as the one I linked).

Don't get me wrong, from what little I've seen Heard comes off as beyond shitty herself and incredibly dishonest, and she'd probably be better served by Joe Pesci coming out of retirement to reprise his role from My Cousin Vinny. But this is dumb and why I hate the god-damned internet sometimes.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-05-06 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see people memeing about the 'pose'. Just firing off hot takes in the moment. I would be skeptical if someone was seriously coming to that conclusion after actually looking at the clip.

Recording devices aren't even allowed except for those ran by the court. Great way to get convicted of contempt. Maybe some other stuff too, but I'm just a layman who only knows about contempt.

There's better clips like Heards lawyers trying to be friendly with Depp

The defense team is full of entertainment.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Did I get this right?

She had two black eyes, a broken nose, bruises on her head, and rips while doing the James Corden show the day after receiving those injuries?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

As an aside, I'm vexed by half my Youtube recommended videos being footage of this trial despite me having never watched any of it and FUCK THAT NOISE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As an aside, I'm vexed by half my Youtube recommended videos being footage of this trial despite me having never watched any of it and FUCK THAT NOISE.
    Dude, you really browse the recommended videos part of yt? You're a monster!
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Dude, you really browse the recommended videos part of yt? You're a monster!
    Sure. Usually they're made up of stuff I've watched already or stuff that's thematically close enough and YT has tossed some gems my way before. This shit came out of left field.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Please tell me how your anecdotal experience makes you an expert also.

A couple of mental midgets get diagnosed and become the authority on the subject matter...
    Physical things that might indicate ADHD might also indicate:
    Being nervous with where you are, what you're honest about
    Being uncomfortable as you dig around in your memories
    PTSD
    Autism
    Turrets
    And a whole host of other things.

My family didn't really start suspecting anything about me until I was in my thirties and had been seeing a psychiatrist for depression for close to a decade. Whom also hadn't thought much about that as I hadn't thought I had any of that nor had she known all things needed.
    Once we started exploring it she quite quickly noticed patterns that might be indicative of ADD/ADHD and sent me to an expert to get the best diagnosis.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Cross examination will be very exciting... shame it'll be so long until then.

Wonder if it'll harm the depp team by forgetting lots of the testimony... or help them due by having more time to think things through.
    I'm pretty sure they won't forget anything considering it's been live stream on Youtube. They can easily go back and look (Unless that is against the rules)

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I'm pretty sure they won't forget anything considering it's been live stream on Youtube. They can easily go back and look (Unless that is against the rules)
    yeah, but some were talking about the amber team dragging out the time just so the cross-exam will happen next week.

And judge always keep saying "No outside research of the case" but dunno if that's only for jurors. Maybe the benefit team Amber would get is maybe that they can prepare more for the cross-exam instead of going right into it without any preparation...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Did I get this right?

She had two black eyes, a broken nose, bruises on her head, and rips while doing the James Corden show the day after receiving those injuries?
    How dare you sir, make-up can cover up any injury! You dareth dispute hollywood skillz?

Did I get this right?

Bruises can be covered with makeup. Its not that unbelievable of a story.

TBH the whole trial has gotten a bit uncomfortable wrt how people are dismissing her story

Yes she also beat her partner but it doesnt mean she wasnt physically abused by Depp.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

TBH the whole trial has gotten a bit uncomfortable wrt how people are dismissing her story

Yes she also beat her partner but it doesnt mean she wasnt physically abused by Depp.
    You can TRY to fix discolouration with make up. You cannot:

- hide swelling
    - hide a split lip

Both were the case according to her testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

I mean yes, simple bruises can be. But say, a broken nose is literally impossible to hide with makeup alone, unless she's caked 2-3 inches of it on her face. Which is a shame for her, because being seemingly dishonest about some of the "injuries" calls into question any actual injuries she may have suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean yes, simple bruises can be. But say, a broken nose is literally impossible to hide with makeup alone, unless she's caked 2-3 inches of it on her face. Which is a shame for her, because being seemingly dishonest about some of the "injuries" calls into question any actual injuries she may have suffered.
    Heck, you can barely make mimics with your face if your nose just has been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, let's stop trying to argue that a potential abuse victim isn't really a victim because she covered it up and didn't act like an abuse victim in public.

That's true of a hell of a lot of actual abuse victims. It's got nothing to do with Heard's story, specifically, but a lot of these arguments are boiling down to the same super-icky bullshit like "well, how do we KNOW you were raped, did you fight back? Where are your defensive wounds? If you didn't fight back and get hurt, were you really saying "no"?" type garbage. Super fuckin' gross as a method of argument.

And this is from a guy who'll absolutely agree Heard shit in their bed, I'm not white-knighting Heard by any means, here. I'm just seeing a lot of echoes of shit used to dismiss any claims of violence or abuse against women cropping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Guys, let's stop trying to argue that a potential abuse victim isn't really a victim because she covered it up and didn't act like an abuse victim in public.
    The issue isn't determining whether she has covered up the abuse, but whether she was an abuse victim at all. And her claims of black eyes and broken nose don't match with the show the next day. There is zero evidence of the bruises she claims has been the victim of.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-05-06 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    The issue isn't determining whether she has covered up the abuse, but whether she was an abuse victim at all. And her claims of black eyes and broken nose don't match with the show the next day.
    And like I said, women and men for time immemorial have had to deal with "you're not really being abused, you look fine" dismissals when they report domestic abuse. Using exactly these arguments.

I'm not saying not to attack Heard for obvious inconsistencies or admissions, like the shit-the-bed incident. I'm saying these specific attacks echo dismissive attitudes towards domestic abuse in general, and that's gross.

Speaking as a guy whose ex-wife hit him from time to time, and who never brought it up precisely because she was careful enough to hit me in meaty spots where the damage wouldn't show or could be explained by something else. The same arguments could be applied to people attacking Depp, too, and this shit's a big reason I don't religious follow this story, but Heard's getting way more of it lately.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-05-06 at 06:38 PM.

And like I said, women and men for time immemorial have had to deal with "you're not really being abused, you look fine" dismissals when they report domestic abuse. Using exactly these arguments.

I'm not saying not to attack Heard for obvious inconsistencies or admissions, like the shit-the-bed incident. I'm saying these specific attacks echo dismissive attitudes towards domestic abuse in general, and that's gross.
    I agree with the general idea of your post. But there is definitely an inconsistency between her supposed bruises and the show the very next day. She has no apparent sign of bruises. And you can't hide a broken nose or a swollen lip. Either she has the best make up or CGI team in the world, or something is sketchy.

Speaking as a guy whose ex-wife hit him from time to time, and who never brought it up precisely because she was careful enough to hit me in meaty spots where the damage wouldn't show or could be explained by something else. The same arguments could be applied to people attacking Depp, too, and this shit's a big reason I don't religious follow this story, but Heard's getting way more of it lately.
    The head isn't a meaty spot. I play rugby and I've had four black eyes and one broken nose this season. Those kind of bruises are very visible for a few days.

You can hide a punch in the gut. You can hide broken ribs. You can't hide two black eyes and a broken nose the very next day. That's the problem with her claims: the abuse she says she has been the victim of, leaves very distinctive marks. There is zero evidence of this abuse in the video.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-05-06 at 06:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not the argument.