Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I find this level of attachment over this super weird. Maybe I just don't get it.
    People don't like liars when it comes to DV? Shocked pikachu face...

This case shows 2 things, don't fucking lie about a serious thing.
    It also, hopefully, promotes male victims to speak out more.

People aren't attached to the case itself, but rather what it represents.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Let's be honest here, the real winner is that Female Lawyer who cross examined Amber, her career is gonna skyrocket.

I find this level of attachment over this super weird. Maybe I just don't get it.
    You don't think It's a problem that someone(gender shouldn't fucking matter), can get their career & life more or less destroyed, by someone making shit up, spreading lies, manufacturing and misrepresenting evidence?

Not the case, the people involved. People are definitely attached to Johnny Depp, for instance. Unhealthily so.
    Johnny Depp has been a loved actor for nearly 40 years, of course people have a vested interest in him clearing his name.

Amber Heard is a fucking nobody, who tried to become someone at someone else's expense.
    She's a narcissist, sociopath and will to do anything to get attention. She's evil and dangerous.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2022-06-01 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I had them both losing so colour me surprised.
    Yeah, I expected both claims to be rejected or part of Johnny's claims to be confirmed but no money changing hands.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    l o l

https://twitter.com/realamberheard/status/1532083776741842945[/URL]
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUMOEuCXwAAU9y2?format=jpg&name=small
    Now that's just silly.

l o l
    That was quick, she keeps on gaslighting I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Let's be honest here, the real winner is that Female Lawyer who cross examined Amber, her career is gonna skyrocket.
    Yes, a career making performance and result. Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Amber has to pay Johnny $15 million for defamation. Johnny has to pay Amber $2 million because of a comment his lawyer made to the media about Amber.
    which episode day was that? I think I missed that
    and is it now 15 or 10? I'm more confused than before

I hope more men also have the courage to speak up after seeing this. It’s a win for them, as well cause they can be victims too. They far too often remain silent. It’s sad.
    This is the biggest thing for me.
    Sadly, it also shows how much you have to fight for it.

I think in general, the public should just not engage in these sort of things.
    Show support for the one speaking out, but don't do so by attacking the one they claim did until evidence is there.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction because a lot of people probably feel duped by her lies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Amber has to pay Johnny $15 million for defamation. Johnny has to pay Amber $2 million because of a comment his lawyer made to the media about Amber.
    Oooof! Deduct it from his pay, or something.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-01 at 08:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

... I don't think it is. Clearly he managed to win and clear himself, so all's well that ends well, surely?
    He had to do so much and pay so much money to fight for it. Even though this is a win for male victims, many will probably still feel it's no point for them to try because they can't afford doing so.

There's still a bias in these cases, for a reason mind you, and maybe this can reduce the amount of bias people act on pre-emptively.

7+ Year Old Account
    ... I don't think it is. Clearly he managed to win and clear himself, so all's well that ends well, surely?
    Oh, so nothing happened, because he managed to clear his name? You really do not think it's a problem when one defames other, for personal gain just because the victim won? Just the fact that he got ejected from acting for few years and branded by some as abuser due to allegations means nothing? Ok.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-01 at 08:07 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Depps statement.

"Six years ago, my life, the life of my children, the lives of those closest to me, and also, the lives of the people who for many, many years have supported and believed in me were forever changed.

"All in the blink of an eye."

"False, very serious and criminal allegations were levied at me via the media, which triggered an endless barrage of hateful content, although no charges were ever brought against me. It had already travelled around the world twice within a nanosecond and it had a seismic impact on my life and my career.

"And six years later, the jury gave me my life back. I am truly humbled."

"My decision to pursue this case, knowing very well the height of the legal hurdles that I would be facing and the inevitable, worldwide spectacle into my life, was only made after considerable thought.

"From the very beginning, the goal of bringing this case was to reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome.

"The best is yet to come and a new chapter has finally begun.

"Veritas numquam perit.

"Truth never perishes."

Quick reminder. This was a defamation case not a dv one

Ppl are acting weird

I kinda dislike that american trials are televised. The whole thing turned into a circus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    ..."False, very serious and criminal allegations were levied at me via the media, which triggered an endless barrage of hateful content, although no charges were ever brought against me. It had already travelled around the world twice within a nanosecond and it had a seismic impact on my life and my career...
    The bolded part is what gets me about it all from the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Quick reminder. This was a defamation case not a dv one

Ppl are acting weird

I kinda dislike that american trials are televised. The whole thing turned into a circus
    Sure, but he wouldn't win defamation on all claims if they found him to be abusive.
    I think it being defamation was a strategic choice since that has less burden of proof, could be wrong though. It's very hard to prove a negative, that you didn't abuse someone. However, with a civil case they just have to believe him more and Amber kind ruined her own credibility constantly.

And i'm in the other boat. I think they should televise more and more trials... that way people can see and judge for themselves rather than reading articles that misrepresents what happens in court. More transparency, less lies. Think the biggest win for Johnny was that they could make it televised. People would have much more trouble to believe him if they couldn't see the evidence and testimonies.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-01 at 08:15 PM.

The bolded part is what gets me about it all from the first place.
    ???

Rich ppl pay their victims settlement money all the time to keep them quite

Amber Heard was under one too for her divorce.

5+ Year Old Account
    He came, he saw, he conquered!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, but he wouldn't win defamation on all claims if they found him to be abusive.
    I think it being defamation was a strategic choice since that has less burden of proof, could be wrong though. It's very hard to prove a negative, that you didn't abuse someone. However, with a civil case they just have to believe him more and Amber kind ruined her own credibility constantly.

And i'm in the other boat. I think they should televise more and more trials... that way people can see and judge for themselves rather than reading articles that misrepresents what happens in court. More transparency, less lies. Think the biggest win for Johnny was that they could make it televised. People would have much more trouble to believe him if they couldn't see the evidence and testimonies.
    Disinformation spread even faster, what are you talking about???

Amber Heard supposedly snorting cocaine was something people made up and quickly became viral

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this one instance sets anything back, personally. In the grand scheme, it won't stop people stepping up, they'll continue to do so when they're ready to, just as they did before this circus.
    It doesn't set anything back, except making people more skeptical of women coming forward with abuse stories and essentially undoing a lot of the progress made by the #MeToo movement. Moreover, it gives people who were already predisposed to disbelieving or hating (esp. incels) women some ammunition to try and push their ideas (i.e.: you don't need to win the argument, just make the other side look deranged).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Disinformation spread even faster, what are you talking about???

Amber Heard supposedly snorting cocaine was something people made up and quickly became viral
    I don't claim it removes it completely... but I do think it reduces it. Hence I used the term less lies.
    That one was absurd though.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-01 at 08:29 PM.