Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    So why couldn’t she pay ACLU again?
    Because she is being sued by the insurance company 2 years later. Obviously. Clairvoyance is strong.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Seeems like a good match given Netflix's recent pivot and down financial results.
    Well, when you make schlock like that new Resident Evil show, the terrible Death Note movie and they are gonna piss away even more money on what will no doubt be a flop One Piece adaptation, it shouldn't be a surprise that they are bleeding money and customers left and right to Disney+, HBO and Prime Video.

What's more surprising is that Disney actually went back and rehired him for the new Pirates movie even after they blackballed him.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2022-07-16 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amber Heard has, hopefully unwittingly, opened a can of worms in terms of applicable fetishes and making money off of them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, when you make schlock like that new Resident Evil show, the terrible Death Note movie and they are gonna piss away even more money on what will no doubt be a flop One Piece adaptation, it shouldn't be a surprise that they are bleeding money and customers left and right to Disney+, HBO and Prime Video.

What's more surprising is that Disney actually went back and rehired him for the new Pirates movie even after they blackballed him.
    I think you fell for some fake news
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Amber Heard files notice of appeal in defamation case with Johnny Depp

Amber Heard took a first step toward appealing the verdict in the defamation case with her ex-husband Johnny Depp.
    Attorneys for Heard filed a notice of appeal in Virginia on Thursday, telling the court they intend to appeal the jury trial verdict and all the post-trial motions that did not go in favor of their client in the civil case with Depp.

The court document does not elaborate on Heard's appellate argument but her attorneys previously indicated she planned to appeal after a jury in June awarded $15 million in damages to Depp and only $2 million to Heard in their respective defamation lawsuits.

"We believe the court made errors that prevented a just and fair verdict consistent with the First Amendment," a Heard spokesperson said Thursday. "We are therefore appealing the verdict. While we realize today's filing will ignite the Twitter bonfires, there are steps we need to take to ensure both fairness and justice."

In a statement, a spokesperson for Depp told CNN they stand by the outcome.

"The jury listened to the extensive evidence presented during the six-week trial and came to a clear and unanimous verdict that the defendant herself defamed Mr. Depp in multiple instances. We remain confident in our case and that this verdict will stand," the spokesperson said.
    Earlier this month, a Virginia judge denied seven post-trial motions Heard filed in an attempt to fight the jury verdict.
    So a first step to appeal has been taken, but... claiming First Amendment violations seems a tad weird. Isn't defamation excempt from the First Amendment?

edit: Apparently the supreme court had a whole lot to say about this before: https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/art...812/defamation

If I read this right, they are probably going to argue that the AH article that started this entire spectacle didn't have any malicious intent.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-07-22 at 09:24 AM.

How did she pay for the appeal bond?

5+ Year Old Account
    Presumably one can do that with a letter of credit.

edit: At least it says so here
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-07-22 at 09:40 AM.

I mean...

She could always ask Elon to pay for everything in exchange for a couple of babies.

Does the appeal actually mention the first amendment or is that just the PR team?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Does the appeal actually mention the first amendment or is that just the PR team?
    atm it's just the PR team.
    The appeal isn't filed yet, they just said it's coming soon... if I understand what a "Notice of appeal" is.

In other news. Johnny will appeal the 2m verdict against him as well.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/johnny...o-amber-heard/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Thought I'd catch up on this thread after all the shit that came out about Depp recently (thanks to fans trying to dig up shit on Heard, no less), only to find it mysteriously died lol Imagine that.
    Dunno, that's asking people to touch three of the biggest Third Rails on the Internet.
    • Admit that they were wrong.
    • Admit they got duped
    • Admit the deep misogamy of their favorite internet hang-outs or youtubers.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Thought I'd catch up on this thread after all the shit that came out about Depp recently (thanks to fans trying to dig up shit on Heard, no less), only to find it mysteriously died lol Imagine that.
    I mean, it's been over for a while now. Not sure what's "mysterious" about discussion dwindling on a case that ended more than two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I mean, it's been over for a while now. Not sure what's "mysterious" about discussion dwindling on a case that ended more than two months ago.
    Not even sure what the dirt is... still watching lawtubers going through the papers and nothing I've seen yet is damning to Depp.
    I've seen lots of articles misinterpreting the papers though... as predicted and on course for how they usually report things.

Like the nude pics. From what I've gathered Depps team never tried to get them into evidence. Heards team pre-emptively made a motion to remove them and It seems like media took that as "They wanted it removed, that's because they asked to include it". Which didn't happen.

case is over, people gonna spin things as per usual, lifes goes on, yadda yadda.

What did we miss?

I've only seen negative things about Amber Heard pop up, what came out about Depp?

Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    Dunno, that's asking people to touch three of the biggest Third Rails on the Internet.
    • Admit that they were wrong.
    • Admit they got duped
    • Admit the deep misogamy of their favorite internet hang-outs or youtubers.
    What are these facts for those of us that would rather watch dry paint (sic!) than the trial or the usual youtubers?

And do people really hate marriage that much?

New documents from the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial have been unsealed – and things have only got uglier

Depp fans paid to have documents unsealed to dig up more dirt on Heard, found more shit about Depp, instead. There was a Twitter thread that went into it a few weeks ago, but this article is from yesterday.

Both still utter dickbags, of course. Not that overall public opinion will reflect these findings, either, as you can see above.
    None of that dirt is especially damning. A text message that if you wanted to pursue you would ask the assistant to the stand over including the text (as it would be considered hearsay) is the only one that would raise an eyebrow. The rest of it seems to be what Kumori said, documents asked to be excluded by the Heard's team without Depp's team asking for them to be included.

To be honest it seems pretty par for the course, people that watched the case lean Depp, people that read misleading articles lean Heard.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2022-08-11 at 03:47 PM.

New documents from the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial have been unsealed – and things have only got uglier

Depp fans paid to have documents unsealed to dig up more dirt on Heard, found more shit about Depp, instead. There was a Twitter thread that went into it a few weeks ago, but this article is from yesterday.

Both still utter dickbags, of course. Not that overall public opinion will reflect these findings, either, as you can see above.
    fuckin lol, what a self-own. People are way too personally and emotionally invested in two rich people who are both kinda shitty human beings, but eating popcorn from the sidelines as everyone tries to defend "their" shitty celebrity.

Trying to get nude images from her hacked icloud or whatever introduced as evidence is pretty fuckin gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    fuckin lol, what a self-own. People are way too personally and emotionally invested in two rich people who are both kinda shitty human beings, but eating popcorn from the sidelines as everyone tries to defend "their" shitty celebrity.
    People with nothing better to do tend to do that.

Pick a side, get invested, turn it into a cause, then a war, and then forget about it in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trying to get nude images from her hacked icloud or whatever introduced as evidence is pretty fuckin gross.
    Except they didn't, the documents do not include a motion to include that, only a motion to exclude it.