Page 11 of 292 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    US conservatism is sure unique to USA.
    It's not, hence why CPAC - the American conservative convention, is being hosted in Hungary and hanging out with authoritarian Viktor Orban.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not, hence why CPAC - the American conservative convention, is being hosted in Hungary and hanging out with authoritarian Viktor Orban.
    after shitting out Sabastian Gorka hasn't Hungary done enough? they really need to be held to account for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    after shitting out Sabastian Gorka hasn't Hungary done enough? they really need to be held to account for that one.
    I bet he can't even attend this year's CPAC in Hungary given that he still has an outstanding warrant for weapons charges : 3

I bet he can't even attend this year's CPAC in Hungary given that he still has an outstanding warrant for weapons charges : 3
    lol how do manage to do that. okay I need to look into that cuz that's hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    To be clear, Twitter was only profitable for less than 2 years out of 14 years in business. It was not profitable in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
    And I'm just gonna go right back to "profit isn't a measure of a successful company".

You realize non-profits exist, right? Companies that are literally legally barred from generating a profit (in return for some tax benefits and such). They're still able to be "successful", even if their profits are permanently "zero" forever.

"Profit" is only a consideration for capitalists whose only concern is lining their own pockets at the expense of others (and before you respond, note that if you don't own some measure of the means of production in some significant manner, you cannot be "a capitalist"; you're a worker under a capitalist).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Literally not a single one of these rules are going to change
    Then what is it you're expecting would change? Literally the only other thing that gets you banned is "dangerous disinformation", particularly where it's clearly intentional dissemination with malicious intent (not just some rando being wrong about something one time). 100% of the people complaining about being banned for "politics" weren't; they were generally banned for hateful conduct or abusive behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    100% of the people complaining about being banned for "politics" weren't; they were generally banned for hateful conduct or abusive behaviour.
    "I got banned for my politics!"

"What did you post?"

"That trans people should all be shot by a firing squad."

"That's...encouraging violence, though?"

"THIS IS MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND MY GENUINE POLITICAL VIEW AND I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST IT ON A FREE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM AFTER I HAVE AGREED NOT TO POST ANY CONTENT THAT ENCOURAGES VIOLENCE!"

I hope "authenticating all humans” doesn't mean dealing with capcha's all day. I don't like the idea of one person owning everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I hope "authenticating all humans” doesn't mean dealing with capcha's all day. I don't like the idea of one person owning everything.
    He's memelording, dude. This is all patently hilarious for someone like him, it's a hilarious joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I still think he is crazy. In combination with Twitter's existing debt, he just assumed around 56 - 58B debt for a company with net revenue of negative 2.5B in 2021.
    It would not surprise me if this was all a stunt initially to pop his investment but when the market and twitter didn't take him seriously he was backed into a corner and his ego wouldn't let him walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a mantra that only works if the only consideration you use is exploiting the most profit out of your customer base as possible, not quality of product/service, not return to the communities you work with, not being a good corporate citizen, not maintaining a strong ethical stance, etc.
    That's literally how the system works though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is changing then? Because those are the current rules, and none of the "political rules" ya'll complain about actually exist.
    Sounds to me like Musk was upset people who aren't actually breaking those rules are having their accounts suspended. That doesn't sound like proper moderation.

Sounds to me like Musk was upset people who aren't actually breaking those rules are having their accounts suspended. That doesn't sound like proper moderation.
    Like who? What examples are we talking about here? Because every time we ask we only get vague, non-specific responses like this.

Almost as if the "problem" is purely fictitious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like who? What examples are we talking about here? Because every time we ask we only get vague, non-specific responses like this.

Almost as if the "problem" is purely fictitious.
    How would I know? I'm not any more in the loop than you. I typed what I think Musk's thought process was here, because prior to the takeover he was making posts about how he was censored about something

How would I know?
    You're the one saying it's to protect against "political speech being censored" so I assumed you had some examples of this behavior.

Because so far we still don't actually have any examples of "political speech being censored". Just examples of peoples political speech also breaking Twitter's rules. You know, the ones you linked and said weren't changing.

because prior to the takeover he was making posts about how he was censored about something
    Imagine taking Elon Musk seriously and at face-value in the year of our lord 2022 after he's spent the past 5+ years constantly and aggressively trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one saying it's to protect against "political speech being censored" so I assumed you had some examples of this behavior.

Because so far we still don't actually have any examples of "political speech being censored". Just examples of peoples political speech also breaking Twitter's rules. You know, the ones you linked and said weren't changing.
    I was under the impression it was you thinking they were all about to change. I just err on the side of Musk because I like and trust him.

Imagine taking Elon Musk seriously and at face-value in the year of our lord 2022 after he's spent the past 5+ years constantly and aggressively trolling.
    That's just your opinion, man. Plenty of people take him seriously and look up to him. Im not a member of his asswiping team I just. Don't have a reason to dislike him.

Should the next response from you be something along the lines of "he disagrees with me? He likes Elon Musk? He must be a troll or idiot himself" then wouldn't that make YOU the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's literally how the system works though.
    If that argument held water, non-profits wouldn't exist.

They do, ergo your argument does not hold up.

I was under the impression it was you thinking they were all about to change. I just err on the side of Musk because I like and trust him.
    Big ooph. The buy pumping and dumping cryptocrurrencies for the lulz is a trustworthy guy. A guy who trolls the SEC for shits and giggles and then complains about having to pay fines for his trolling.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the, "Daddy Musk, please put a computer chip in my brand for ENHANCED FREEDOM." from some folks (not directed at you or anyone on this board).

Should the next response from you be something along the lines of "he disagrees with me? He likes Elon Musk? He must be a troll or idiot himself" then wouldn't that make YOU the problem?
    No, I'm just highlighting that you're treating a known bad-faith actor in good-faith and are ignoring examples of his bad-faith actions and words.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post53738805

Remember, this was where you came from. Praising him for ending "censorship" that you can't actually define or share any examples of, just believing Musk at face-value without evidence.

And saying he's "right in his thought process" about this thing that he and you have both failed to actually prove exists.

And then go on a strawman about MMOC moderators for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big ooph. The buy pumping and dumping cryptocrurrencies for the lulz is a trustworthy guy. A guy who trolls the SEC for shits and giggles and then complains about having to pay fines for his trolling.
    None of these things strike me as untrustworthy. Crypto was and always will be a gamblers investment. I need to see your definition of trolling though, only recent thing I could find has to do with Bill Gates as a boner killer.
    I'm still eagerly awaiting the, "Daddy Musk, please put a computer chip in my brand for ENHANCED FREEDOM." from some folks (not directed at you or anyone on this board).
    Didn't we just do this whole bit with the Covid vaccines and untrustworthy daddy's putting things into our bodies? What's your point?

No, I'm just highlighting that you're treating a known bad-faith actor in good-faith and are ignoring examples of his bad-faith actions and words.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post53738805

Remember, this was where you came from. Praising him for ending "censorship" that you can't actually define or share any examples of, just believing Musk at face-value without evidence.

And saying he's "right in his thought process" about this thing that he and you have both failed to actually prove exists.

And then go on a strawman about MMOC moderators for some reason.
    I can't share any examples because I don't use, follow or give ass about Twitter since this board gives me all the entertainment I need from the Internet. Twitter employees said they express fear Musk will undo the years of work they put into censorship, but shouldn't they, the responsible moderators, only be worried if Musk planned to unban rule breakers or allow criminal activity on Twitter or something?

I can't provide examples of what form that "censorship" took but it's not the first time we heard it happening from Twitter, seem to recall they, Trump and Fox News were embroiled in something. (Prior to the Capitol riot thingies)

Didn't we just do this whole bit with the Covid vaccines and untrustworthy daddy's putting things into our bodies? What's your point?
    I mean, if you're a conspiracy theorist and suddenly thought vaccines all included microchips and shit, sure.

But that's a ludicrous position, and I'm more highlighting the lack of internal consistency in the types that shouted "MUH BODY MUH CHOICES! NO GOVERNMENT NANOMACHINES IN MY BODY!" excitedly asking Elon Musk to put a computer in their brain to feed them dogecoin ads in their sleep.

I can't share any examples because I don't use, follow or give ass about Twitter since this board gives me all the entertainment I need from the Internet.
    Then how do you even know this is the problem you claim it is?

Twitter employees said they express fear Musk will undo the years of work they put into censorship
    Please link this very specific claim.

I can't provide examples of what form that "censorship" took
    Spoilers: Because they don't exist! They're just hilarious strawmen from conservatives who want to pretend to be a victim of "BIG TECH" because they couldn't follow the same basic rules that they and everyone else agreed to.

Trump and Fox News were embroiled in something. (Prior to the Capitol riot thingies)
    What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Issue was it was not enforced equally.
    It was biased, rules for thee but not for me.

Often defended by the fact that twitter was a private company; and not regarded in the domain of the public square. Now theres nothing wrong with that in a vacum; if you ignore that in a practical sense It did serve the function of a "modern" public square.

And as such they where free to moderate what sort of content they would allow on their platform.

Now under elona it will be regarded as a part of a public platform.
    Ala unless your coming with direct threats or calls for violence, you should pmuch be good.
    Or maybe it was enforced equally it's just one group acted substantially more against the rules/tos than the other.

there have been so many studies that show social media does not have a biased slant and most of them have found it's just people blatantly not following the clearly documented terms of service.

If 200 republicans are banned for crying 'kill biden' but only 30 democrats are banned for crying 'kill trump', you'd see a huge article on fox claiming a huge bias to republicans/right wing speech!!! Even though there were only 30 democrats in total found to be making these statements.

https://psyarxiv.com/ay9q5

Social media companies are often accused of anti-conservative bias, particularly in terms of which users they suspend. Here, we evaluate this possibility empirically. We begin with a survey of 4,900 Americans, which showed strong bi-partisan support for social media companies taking actionsagainst online misinformation.

Wethen investigatedpotential political bias in suspension patternsand identifieda set of 9,000 politically engagedTwitter users, half Democratic and half Republican, in October 2020, and followed them through the six months afterthe U.S. 2020 election.

During that period, while only 7.7% of the Democratic users were suspended, 35.6% of the Republicanuserswere suspended.

The Republican users, however,shared substantiallymore news from misinformation sites –as judged by either fact-checkers or politically balanced crowds –than the Democratic users. Critically, we found that users’ misinformation sharing was as predictive of suspension as was their political orientation.

Thus, the observation that Republicans were more likely to be suspended than Democrats provides no support for the claim that Twitter showed political bias in its suspension practices.

Instead, the observed asymmetry could be explained entirely by the tendency of Republicans to share more misinformation.While support for action against misinformation is bipartisan, the sharing of misinformation –at least at this historical moment –is heavily asymmetric across parties. As a result, our study shows that it is inappropriate to make inferences about political bias from asymmetries in suspension rates.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!