Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I can't provide examples of what form that "censorship" took but it's not the first time we heard it happening from Twitter, seem to recall they, Trump and Fox News were embroiled in something. (Prior to the Capitol riot thingies)
    If you've "heard it happening"...why can't you provide examples of it actually happening? Use one of those times you "heard it happening" as an example.

"I've heard that X does Y. I can't provide any examples of X actually doing Y... but I've heard of it happening..."
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If you've "heard it happening"...why can't you provide examples of it actually happening? Use one of those times you "heard it happening" as an example.

"I've heard that X does Y. I can't provide any examples of X actually doing Y... but I've heard of it happening..."
    Billy Joel Bob Bill down at the local truck stop told me it's happenin, and Billy Joel Bob Bill down at the local truck stop would never lie to me. I don't need to see no evidunce or nothin, he's the real deal. A straight shooter.

Imagine how banal one's life and existence must be if this site is all the entertainment one would need from the internet.

Didn't we just do this whole bit with the Covid vaccines and untrustworthy daddy's putting things into our bodies? What's your point?
    This is one of those lines that immediately tells you everything you need to know about a person and how they ended up with their views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post

Because examples of Twitter removing posts for content moderation that didn't necessarily violate any rules are difficult to dig up because they were removed. I'll try though, for you Bomber.

Because examples of Twitter removing posts for content moderation that didn't necessarily violate any rules are difficult to dig up because they were removed. I'll try though, for you Bomber.
    So...literally nobody reported on these instances of content being "censored" that didn't violate these rules? Nobody on the WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET ALL THESE YEARS?!

I have a sneaking suspicion that something isn't quite right here...like some folks might not be being honest or something and others don't bother to verify something before repeating it...

my god, unless you're livelihood (like your ability to pay bills and not be out on the street) is tied to you needing to be on social media, then you getting kicked off of it isn't a big deal. like holy shit we're really pretending like your rights are somehow violated for being kicked off twitter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...literally nobody reported on these instances of content being "censored" that didn't violate these rules? Nobody on the WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET ALL THESE YEARS?!

I have a sneaking suspicion that something isn't quite right here...like some folks might not be being honest or something and others don't bother to verify something before repeating it...
    So it's not happening at all, one day Elon declares it IS happening, so everyone agreed it was and he buys it for billions? So this whole thing is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about Twitter and Musk?

So it's not happening at all, one day Elon declares it IS happening, so everyone agreed it was and he buys it for billions?
    Conservatives whine about it all the time. But they too fail to provide actual examples, because they examples they usually provide are actually of specific rule violations.

So this whole thing is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about Twitter and Musk?
    It's Elon Musk being Elon Musk. We'll see if the deal ultimately goes through or if he has his fill of trolling after a while and backs out.

I'd get a good hearty chuckle if Musk turned around and resold twitter in a year or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine flushing $44b down the toilet just to shitpost harder.

So it's not happening at all, one day Elon declares it IS happening, so everyone agreed it was and he buys it for billions? So this whole thing is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about Twitter and Musk?
    You do know Musk, right? Attention-seeking publicity stunts are his bread and butter. The man is rich above being rich, he does not give one iota of a fuck about the money (not like those 44bn$ came from his pocket anyway), but his behavior has shown time and time again that he absolutely has to be at the center of everyone's attention. He's the richest troll on Earth. It's absolutely not below him to do all this for lulz, the trolling and the free publicity.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    oh? funny you should bring up money being flushed down the toilet. WHOOMP WHOOMP

$114billion in Tesla stocks, gone in the face of this announcement.

Hmm...it's Musk so yeah...I can imagine it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You do know Musk, right? Attention-seeking publicity stunts are his bread and butter. The man is rich above being rich, he does not give one iota of a fuck about the money (not like those 44bn$ came from his pocket anyway), but his behavior has shown time and time again that he absolutely has to be at the center of everyone's attention. He's the richest troll on Earth. It's absolutely not below him to do all this for lulz, the trolling and the free publicity.
    I know him most recently before all of this as the guy who launched Starlink over Ukraine to assist in a massive human rights disaster

I know him most recently before all of this as the guy who launched Starlink over Ukraine to assist in a massive human rights disaster
    Partially paid for by the US Government*

15+ Year Old Account
    As for me Elon is great at so many things. Wanting to transform one of the bigger social media information venues to his taste due to whatever impulse disorder he suffer from is not one of them.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-04-26 at 10:49 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I don't remember saying he's a monster who never does anything wrong, this particular publicity stunt was a good thing.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a publicity stunts and that those are the main reason Musk does anything he does. That and shitposting with wild abandon.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That and shitposting with wild abandon.
    Some billionaires just get their kicks trolling the SEC and manipulating markets. WHY DO YOU WANT TO STOP BILLIONAIRES FROM HAVING FUN BY ENGAGING IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITES?! WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM!?

According to WSJ, he has secured $13 billion in loans from investment banks including Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Corp., Barclays PLC and MUFG Bank Ltd., and a $12.5 billion margin loan secured by a portion of his stake in Tesla. So, he is short 18.5B. He could cover the margin loan out of his own bank account or take out another loan. Apparently, if he can't finalize the financing by the October deadline, he will owe Twitter 1B in penalty.