1. #4161
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Most of his tweets, that I see, are him trolling. He adds his opinion here and there, posts random shit... but in general he acts pretty tame. I thought I'd loathe his takeover but it has actually been better, imo. It's far less of an echo-chamber.

    He says some shit that I disagree with but nothing too extreme for me to dislike him or leave the platform.
    Ive seen more annoying crypto bots. You cant mention the word money on that website without at least crypto bots replying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    Problems keep coming for poor Elon.

    Music labels have banded up to sue the everliving shit out of Twitter.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/14/t...elon-musk.html
    Lmao I hope Musk wins this one. Charging over ppl posting pieces of songs on social media is abusr of copyright.

  2. #4162
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    See, even if this is your experience, I'd much prefer it over how it used to be. I'll condemn hate speech with forms of bans from Twitter, but to completely stop conversations, even if you find it uncomfortable and/or offensive, shouldn't be allowed. If you are upset by what you see on the platform, take steps to block them or leave it completely. We don't need to ban all experiences just because yours wasn't to your liking.
    So you agree that it was a good idea to reinstate the accounts of people posting child porn? That falls under the category of "all"

    Seriously no one has ever been banned for their politics on twitter. Lots of people have been banned for hate speech or conspiracy theories. Those people will loudly say its because of their politics but that's never really the case.

  3. #4163
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    See, even if this is your experience, I'd much prefer it over how it used to be. I'll condemn hate speech with forms of bans from Twitter, but to completely stop conversations, even if you find it uncomfortable and/or offensive, shouldn't be allowed. If you are upset by what you see on the platform, take steps to block them or leave it completely. We don't need to ban all experiences just because yours wasn't to your liking.
    Its hard to actually tell a difference from before to now. Political twitter still has hot takes and trolling. Maybe a few less random bans that I thought were undeserved, but that could be anecdotal. Sports Twitter feels the same. Generic breaking news and commentary feels the same. For media outside Twitter, it just went from Twitter struggling because of excess spending to Twitter struggling because of a lack of revenue.

    Elon probably doesn’t have the temperament to run it. In the coming months, we’ll see if he has the discipline to let his new CEO handle the decision-making.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  4. #4164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So you agree that it was a good idea to reinstate the accounts of people posting child porn? That falls under the category of "all"

    Seriously no one has ever been banned for their politics on twitter. Lots of people have been banned for hate speech or conspiracy theories. Those people will loudly say its because of their politics but that's never really the case.
    Thank goodness the ignore function still works here, at least. After the TERFing of the Shrew I was all out of second chances to give.

    Ever since Elmo started fucking around with Twitter I've just seen more and more hate speech being Tweeted out unimpeded by accounts whose bans have been reversed and now that he's considering removing the block feature that's just going to open the door to more harassment. Oh, as an update, my account is still banned for calling Ann Coulter a heartless cunt when she was cheering the deaths of immigrant children, but good to know actual Nazis are allowed back on to express their "opinions".

  5. #4165
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Seriously no one has ever been banned for their politics on twitter. Lots of people have been banned for hate speech or conspiracy theories.
    Unfortunately, we live in a world where hate speech and conspiracy theories ARE people's politics...

    If it was public policy of the Democrat party to say the stupid shit about white people that delusional conservatives pretend left-leaning people regularly say, I'd fully expect them to get banned for it too.

  6. #4166
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Musk seems to actively go after those accounts. He permanently suspended the account of that person who made a pedo flag, saying that it's not tolerated on the platform.
    And was good friends with Jeffrey Epstein. And he also unbanned all the Nazi's and keeps promoting or otherwise giving huge visibility boosts to hugely bigoted content and obvious misinformation.

    It's almost like you want to believe all the really obvious lies.

  7. #4167
    Herald of the Titans D Luniz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Ive seen more annoying crypto bots. You cant mention the word money on that website without at least crypto bots replying.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lmao I hope Musk wins this one. Charging over ppl posting pieces of songs on social media is abusr of copyright.
    I'm seeing alot of porn bots
    I can't make a post about WoW with getting liked by some account that's just an onlyfans advertisement
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  8. #4168
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "good friends"
    "unbanned all"
    "keeps promoting"
    "huge"
    "hugely"
    "obvious"

    That's a lot of just emotional, overdramatized trigger words to win whatever argument you feel you need to win. That's what I see more and more of and it gets really tiresome.

    My observations are not your observations.
    None of those words are inherently emotional, and even if they were...and? What's overdramatized about "good"? Or "all"? Or "keeps promoting?"

    This post reads incredibly dishonest and is difficult to take seriously. Like you're not actually interested in discussion at all or something.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-06-15 at 04:36 PM.

  9. #4169
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    None of those words are inherently emotional, and even if they were...and? What's overdramatized about "good"? Or "all"? Or "keeps promoting?"

    This post reads incredibly dishonest and is difficult to take seriously. Like you're not actually interested in discussion at all or something.
    Man if those are examples of words that trigger them then it's no wonder they have so little of any value to say. Imagine having to thumb through a thesaurus every time you want to get a point across because words like "all" or "good" or "obvious" are triggering you. Must be tough.

    Or, as you mention, they're just incredibly dishonest. Occam's razor gives us the answer here.

  10. #4170
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Musk seems to actively go after those accounts. He permanently suspended the account of that person who made a pedo flag, saying that it's not tolerated on the platform.
    But that's one account this one I can say it's just incompetence, twitter's restoration of account system has allowed a flood of pedos back on the platform. Twitter simply doesn't have the manpower or the technology to vet those accounts before restoring them. I can say the bigots, Neo Nazis and conspiracy theorists are intentional since he retweets and tweets that shit himself, the pedos is the effect of him gutting twitter.

  11. #4171
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Musk seems to actively go after those accounts. He permanently suspended the account of that person who made a pedo flag, saying that it's not tolerated on the platform.
    Considering he slashed moderation I don’t see how that’s possible. Taking down one account is nothing considering the ease of adding a new one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    the pedos is the effect of him gutting twitter.
    I wonder how many people on Cajsa Lilliehook’s predator list have active twitter accounts.

    Entry #1013, Daniel W. Merrick, appears to have two. To be fair I don’t know if he ever posted his huge trove of child porn (880 charges) to twitter.

  12. #4172
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Again, tho, can you maybe produce some credible sources to this claim? I keep seeing certain users saying that there's this "flood of pedos" getting back in and taking over Twitter, but I have yet to see anything produced to support that. All I have is my anecdotal evidence and it does not match that experience.
    https://www.techdirt.com/2023/02/07/...problem-worse/

    You're welcome to read the article, and the linked articles within that go into more detail.

  13. #4173
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Again, tho, can you maybe produce some credible sources to this claim? I keep seeing certain users saying that there's this "flood of pedos" getting back in and taking over Twitter, but I have yet to see anything produced to support that. All I have is my anecdotal evidence and it does not match that experience.
    Again this is not intentional its because Musk has gutted Twitter's ability to moderate and verify. He made these problems worse with the addition of the blue check mark. That's why the EU has sent him a warning about his failure to follow to moderate, Twitter had a pedo problem before Musk. The difference is that under Musk is that they can't combat them anymore.

    https://www.reuters.com/technology/e...ft-2022-11-30/

  14. #4174
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is a blog, -Edge
    If you're not interested in having people provide you the links you claim to want then you shouldn't ask for them.

  15. #4175
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s actually been nice.
    Whooo boy does that say a whole lot about you and the type of content you consume.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  16. #4176
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Do you have a credible link that confirms this?
    Most places that even remotely support or condone far right speech in any way tend to lose advertisers and revenue at a fast pace. To give examples, look at the general advertising done on Fox News. Mostly gold sellers, reverse home mortgages and the like. Take the Blaze. Same thing but added in some advertisements from religious organizations. I could go on with any far-right website or channel.

    The VAST majority of businesses do not want to deal with the far right in any way and will go out of their way to not advertise on any site or channel that actually supports any far-right speech.

  17. #4177
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I said credible. Blogs are not credible -- you know this, and if I was to do the same to you, you'd call that shit out too.
    Click on the link the blog has references to several articles, it's weird you dismissing it offhand without even reading it.

  18. #4178
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I said credible. Blogs are not credible -- you know this, and if I was to do the same to you, you'd call that shit out too.
    If only you had the strength and fortitude to click the link to see what they were reporting on.

    If that's too tall and challenging a hurdle to clear than I fear you must live with your ignorance on the topic. It's ultimately your choice, you're making the decision to reject a link providing you the evidence you claim to want. Almost as if you didn't want any evidence in the first place.

  19. #4179
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I said credible. Blogs are not credible -- you know this, and if I was to do the same to you, you'd call that shit out too.
    IDK why they linked the blog and not the nyt article contained inside of it

    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/06/t...sex-abuse.html
    In the first few hours of searching, the computer program found a number of images previously identified as abusive — and accounts offering to sell more. The Times flagged the posts without viewing any images, sending the web addresses to services run by Microsoft and the Canadian center.

    One account in late December offered a discounted “Christmas pack” of photos and videos. That user tweeted a partly obscured image of a child who had been abused from about age 8 through adolescence. Twitter took down the post five days later, but only after the Canadian center sent the company repeated notices.

    In all, the computer program found imagery of 10 victims appearing over 150 times across multiple accounts, most recently on Thursday. The accompanying tweets often advertised child rape videos and included links to encrypted platforms.

    Alex Stamos, the director of the Stanford Internet Observatory and the former top security executive at Facebook, found the results alarming. “Considering the focus Musk has put on child safety, it is surprising they are not doing the basics,” he said.

    Separately, to confirm The Times’s findings, the Canadian center ran a test to determine how often one video series involving known victims appeared on Twitter. Analysts found 31 different videos shared by more than 40 accounts, some of which were retweeted and liked thousands of times. The videos depicted a young teenager who had been extorted online to engage in sexual acts with a prepubescent child over a period of months.

    The center also did a broader scan against the most explicit videos in their database. There were more than 260 hits, with more than 174,000 likes and 63,000 retweets
    .

    Seems damning. Id like a progress update on this one from twitter

  20. #4180
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, I wouldn’t say the NYT is a credible source.
    You know it rings hollow to say the New York Times is not credible when you claimed young people are rioting and looting major US cities without any evidence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •