Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Okay, so explain to me why people call him sort of brilliant businessman, again?
    All rich people are inherently geniuses! Same shit as always, though Musk has spent years building up a cult of personality around him, and is now essentially portraying himself as a conservative Free Speech Warrior because I guess he still feels the need for more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is the image Musk tweeted. I'm assuming in an attempt to calm ppl down that are claiming that he's far-right leaning or something... I can see what he's saying here, tbh. But at the same time, the right has moved as well over the years... I just can't say which has more.

I posted in other thread but will say here. I guess it's political now.

This tweet is showing Musk's bias or at least his delusion. Has both parties moved, sure. Yet this trying to do both sides and normalize a party that has dipped in fascism and undoubtedly a coup and attempt to overthrow our democracy. For some out here not too familiar, the laws trying to change our voting laws.

So this goes to Musk believing in whatever free speech.

So Trump. While Twitter clearly road the Trump presidency gravy train and when he lost it was easy to ban him. But this dude was undermining our democracy and as still a lame duck President with power of the GOP party, our 1 of 2 only major political parties is dangerous.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That both sides have gotten a bit more extreme, however he’s not addressing the right because he’s on a mission to show how “woke” Twitter is.
    Are we talking about the US? There's no such thing as extreme left over there. Hell, there is barely anything left. Meanwhile, right has gotten very extreme.

This "both sides" is mighty tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Wouldn't Musk have to pay a lot of money for backing out at this point?
    About a billion, if he backs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This tweet is showing Musk's bias or at least his delusion.
    No, he's just throwing the ball to the sea lions so they'll clap for him. It's all about his ego. Hence why he's in the mentions of every alt-right loser on Twitter lately, since they have audiences looking for new people to idolize.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I posted in other thread but will say here. I guess it's political now.

This tweet is showing Musk's bias or at least his delusion. Has both parties moved, sure. Yet this trying to do both sides and normalize a party that has dipped in fascism and undoubtedly a coup and attempt to overthrow our democracy. For some out here not too familiar, the laws trying to change our voting laws.
    He's not even saying "both sides have moved" (which would be bad enough)... he's saying that the left has moved while the right has stayed the same. Which is even worse than a "both sides" take.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    He's not even saying "both sides have moved" (which would be bad enough)... he's saying that the left has moved while the right has stayed the same. Which is even worse than a "both sides" take.
    it also assumes the left is wrong. Which is reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    it also assumes the left is wrong. Which is reactionary.
    Pretty much. Or, at the very least, "moving further in the wrong direction". Because, in his view, the only correct direction for "both sides" would be to move towards him.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yes, Sorry about that. That post was from original in another thread where Nate Silver did the both sides thing today. Idk if this was Nate replying to Elon or his own brilliant idea (snark).
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Are we talking about the US? There's no such thing as extreme left over there. Hell, there is barely anything left. Meanwhile, right has gotten very extreme.

This "both sides" is mighty tiresome.
    The left just created a literal Ministry of Truth, because THATS who we all should implicitly trust with whether or not we can say something!

Pretty much. Or, at the very least, "moving further in the wrong direction". Because, in his view, the only correct direction for "both sides" would be to move towards him.
    I will point once again this is a political take to Gen OT so be warned.

Also the Republicans have not proposed policy since Obama was electe. When Trump was in office they did a tax cut, hastily rammed thru btw. No conservative policy was implemented just talked about or used to stir voters.

The Dems are not the best either but much more on policy than other.

Again political take her, but I'm trying to show that Musk is not being forthright on his centric stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    The left just created a literal Ministry of Truth, because THATS who we all should implicitly trust with whether or not we can say something!
    This is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This is fiction.
    You can use the official "Disinformation Governance Board" title created in the DHS if that makes you feel better, either way, its still the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use the official "Disinformation Governance Board" title created in the DHS if that makes you feel better, either way, its still the same thing.
    Not the same thing, at all. In fact, conceptually, the DGB would be the complete antithesis of 1984's Ministry of Truth.

You seem to have not gotten the point of the book.

If anything shows how extreme and bizarre the American right wing has become, it's stuff like this. Just the weirdest alternate realities to justify what weird little freaks they've turned into. I guess it saves money on buying a VR headset, though.

The left just created a literal Ministry of Truth
    Y'all are fuckin hilarious with the mental gymnastics that would make a 13 year old Chinese gymnast jealous. Creating a department specifically to handle the increasing and very real threat of misinformation/disinformation is like, generally kinda a good thing. It's a national security issue, I thought y'all really cared about that shit but I guess maybe it was just for show.

Folks seem most triggered by its name more than anything else, which speaks a lot more about them than it even does about the fairly mediocre name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if this is supposed to be Johnny Depp or Elon Musk

When right wingers are purposefully lying and that lying gets people killed, it should be policed.

If we're going to have a Department of Homeland Security, I don't know how far you think you're going to get by pissing and moaning that said department has declared lying about important world events to be a threat to the security of the nation. Seems like pretty fucking obvious assessment if you ask me...or to anyone who doesn't have their head entirely buried up Tucker Carlson's ass, for that matter.

But...I suppose that if your side of the political aisle subsists solely on a steady diet of disinformation, it might be concerning that government agencies say they want to take steps to stamp that shit out.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-04-29 at 06:53 AM.

i'm gonna come in with the biggest bestest bomb shell
    if you dont like twitter dont use it
    i will now swan off into the sunset

No seriously I don't know why anyone's really bothered. Twitter should still do its best to stop child traffickers and terrorist recruiters, I don't think Twitter under Musk is not going to help law enforcement bring them to justice and you're a bit of a pill if you think that he'll withhold that help.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    When right wingers are purposefully lying and that lying gets people killed, it should be policed.
    I'm not really sure what we're referring to. Are we talking about Trump telling people to inject bleach or what?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.